Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
1,381 - 1,400 of 70,985 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

karl44 wrote:
the sooner we see the last christian the better will be the entire world
anyone who denounces the xtian bible is more moral than those that preach it
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." –Diderot
proudredneck

El Mirage, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

MRLOUIS wrote:
The question is does God believe in you!
the actual question should be 'does God KNOW you'...we have people running around shouting that others should 'know Jesus' and make it sound like its such a important principal...we understand that within 40 years after the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus that the whole world knew about the Christ, the Son of the Living God...but what we fail miserably at is understanding that even if we 'know' God...does He know us...'for on that day many will say unto me did we not cast out devils in your name and do many wonderful things in your name’. Then He will say unto them...'depart from Me you workers of unlawfulness and enter into the realm prepared for you and the devil and his demons (followers)'...so you see we must appreciate the co-existence of mutual love with the Father...its not just me or Him...its US...Love unbounded and eternal...just as He intended it to be before the begining of time.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

proudredneck wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting...the 'word' for 'light' in Genesis in the original Hebrew was the full spectrum of light from ultra-violet, x-ray to brilliant exposed and visible light...even the word we get for 'atom' was from the Greeks where it is written that 'things that are visible and made of things invisible'...but we mortals must limit Gods ability to create something from nothing only resonates in our mind if we believe that it 'must' have taken God Billions of years to engineer...foolish people we have become...trying to create God in OUR image...I will take the word of God at face value and do in fact God spoke creation into existence...the 'days' were to show that God had 'order' in all things even from the beginning....not that He was incapable to doing everything all at once...God has dealt with people according to our ability to understand...and there are something’s that God does not want us to know...and that’s His choice.
WOW. You know what God is "thinking". Is that some kind of Vulcan mindmeld?

Also, you are as clueless about etymology as you are about evolution.

“Jesus who?”

Since: Feb 08

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

Brownout wrote:
I believe He is alive and responds to us when we call on His name.
You're right, Jesus is alive. He came and cut some trees down for me. He responded when i called him, but only because i was paying him. Sounds kinda like your Jeebus too, doesn't it.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

john wrote:
Hell is the rejection of God. You can accept or reject. Forced belief isn't really belief. Why is it thousands of you spend so much time asking questions about something you don't believe?
When I show up in one of your "christian" threads, you can complain, until then this is a thread about "atheists". You can leave anytime you wish.
john wrote:
I am interested in your nothing so tell me what that is a position of. I am embarrassed for all of you. Doctors with God complexes, philosophers, all stumped.
No you are not. This tired act of yours has been answered far too many times. To continue to asked such a stupid question is the action of a troll. Is that really how you want to show up in this thread?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

john wrote:
Oh yes a recent convert to the nothing. Sure. I have never been here to make a case for anything but antitheists have no position to defend. Each wordsmith here has a different angle and different duck so pardon me if the puppets behaved exactly as predicted. Again asking my question is reasonable and if they can't or won't put it into their own words so be it. That nothing was too much to pass up huh?

<quoted text>
You are very dense. Belief denotes absense of substantiating facts. Why would anyone live their life that way? That is stupid.
proudredneck

El Mirage, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

...casting pearls before swine is such a waste of valuable time...all that is accomplished is the swine trample them into the mud...bye
HeavensToMergatr oid

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Charlie wrote:
I really don't think these current wars are wars of religion. If they are, it's a clash between Islam and secularism, not Christianity, because it has been secular values that are trying to be imposed.
Don't be stupid. Radical Islamists don't hate America because it's secular. They hate America because it's not fundamentalist Islam.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
"Odin told me there's no mercy for the slain. Die fighting, fight and ye shall rise again."
Praise Thor ! We will meet in Valhalla !

“Jesus who?”

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

proudredneck wrote:
<quoted text>
dinosaurs existed because God created them as He did all life...the dinosaurs dissappeared when God caused the Great Flood to occur killing most of all life on earth because humans had become so vile...God gave us 'free thought' so when we accept Christ we do so 'willingly' and not under threat of death like the way Muslims spead their faith...the reason the universe is so huge is that if we actually could see into the 3rd heaven where God is there would no longer need to be 'faith' because without 'faith' it is impossibe to be pleasing to God...so go ahead and pratice your atheistic ways...your time is short on earth and you will not be subjected to the 'Bible' or 'Christians' because they wont be where you will be when you receive your 'just reward'.
Your god doesn't ewxiist and therefore created nothing.

Dinosaurs were driven to extinction by the results of large meteor, or asteroid, colliding with the earth. We even know where it hit.(off the east coast of central america)

The "great flood" is impossible. Unless the climate warmed enough to melt the polar ice caps, then we might see worldwide flooding, but it would take millions of years, not forty days of rain.

Oh and that crap about noah and his ark is bullshit too.
john

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

The same place as me is a typical nonanswer appearing to be an answer. My points bee made with this group of nonthinkers. Thanks for your nothing. I'll pop in time and again looking for that position you are willing to defend. Nothing bless. Stump an antitheist! Ask them for a position to defend. Science that's repeatable and observable..
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
But I have NEVER attacked you.
You asked about morality and I answered.(My morals come from the same place yours do.)
You asked about atheism and I answered.(The ONLY position that defines atheism is no belief in invisible supernatural agents.)
You don't like the answers. Not my problem.
I have NEVER said "there is no god". I have said, repeatedly, that I have yet to hear anybody describe a clear set of properties for a deity which could possibly exist. Just look back at the last couple of posts and you can see 2 theists arguing over what one means by "god".
You seem to want me to say that I deny something, but then you refuse to define what it is I am supposed to deny. Without a clear understanding of the properties of this concept "god", there is nothing for me to deny.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." –Diderot
"Civilization will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest." -- Emil Zola

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Top Ten signs that you're a christian:

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Trinity god.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" -- including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loop-holes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by pre-historic tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that the Earth is a couple of generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects -- will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving".

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to prove Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history -- but still call yourself a Christian

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Deezil Wood wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Jesus is alive. He came and cut some trees down for me. He responded when i called him, but only because i was paying him. Sounds kinda like your Jeebus too, doesn't it.
Yeah, isn't he a friend of Juan's?
john

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

There is literally nothing to be scared of. This has been covered and unfortunately the nothing mob does not allow for giving thorough answers that each post might deserve. Disbelief is not belief and I only glance at these posts for a position that they/you? Are willing to defend.
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
The title of this thread indicates it is about "Atheists". You won't find me in a 'christian' or 'catholic' or 'hindu' or "whatever" religious thread. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE.
So, why did you join this thread? Was it just to attack atheists?
Why do we scare you so much you feel you have to go out of your way to display how much you hate us?

“l'enfer, c'est les autres”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not all alone. I have a few friends and many acquaintances.
So, do y'all have a circle jerk?

“Jesus who?”

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

proudredneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan dwells in you richly...
Talk about a shallow response! You christians can never seem to provide a feasible argument. Just you fairy tale mumbo jumbo full of empty threats. Guess what, we're smart enough to know that imaginary people can't hurt us.
shadow

Elizabethtown, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

john wrote:
Antitheists do not want to be burdened by any rules of conduct and predictable have slaughtered by the millions. Antitheists wish to rationalize killing the most innocent as compassion and freeing for women. Antitheists fight constraints on their behavior and do not repect life. Their nothing gives them that right. Absolutely ridiculous statements. Your time would be better spent finding a position to defend. Why don't you, Kevorkian, and Nietzche, get over yourselves and jump into the water with the true freethinkers. Stump an antitheist! Ask him what he believes.
<quoted text>
you must think of stalin. he was a bad man good job! "thumbs up" you seem to forget the reasons WHY people kill. he wanted power. what does the 5th commandment say? thou shalt not kill...but when you think about it religion has never really had that big a problem with murder. its just the reasons they did it. which were INSANE. and then theres the fact more people have been killed in the name of god then any other reason. only thing is afterwards they say there "not one of us" they used the bible to justify slavery for example. and then the afterwords the best they could come up with was my bad or there not christians. all you have to do is look at northern ireland. the middle east. the inquisition. the crusades. 9/11 to see how serious they take thou shalt not kill. the more devout they are the more they see murder as being NEGOITIABLE. it depends on whos killing and whos being killed. some non religous folks have commited terrible things. only thing is they never did in the name of god. nor has it been as frequent. i got a cammandment for you: KEEP THY RELIGION TO THYSELF UNLESS OTHERS WILLING TO HEAR.

“"Progressive & Proud"”

Since: Aug 09

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

proudredneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan dwells in you richly...
Why would your god create an evil counterpart to himself? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Also how can an all-knowing god give you free choice since he would already know what choice would be made? "Wisdom" is be smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to know. Yet you think that you have all the answers - showing your lack of wisdom.
Bill Smith

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

nmweatherman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do y'all have a circle jerk?
Such a nice Christian response.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 3 min religionisillness 354
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 6 min religionisillness 78
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 13 min Patrick 286
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 17 min Electrical Engineer 16
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min ChristineM 225,528
If Christianity were true... 1 hr Amused 122
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 7 hr Thinking 98
•••
•••