Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“Hello homo sapiens sapiens.”

Since: Mar 07

A galaxy near you.

#1214 Sep 4, 2009
john wrote:
What is the answer Deb? Show me the self reported intellect, substance, evidence based logic. You insist to have as an atheist despite evidence to the contrary. Will you lurk on the sidelines as well refusing to defend a position for others to refute, debate, agree with or mock. Stump Deb hold her to her own standards.
<quoted text>
First of all, I am an atheist not an antitheist. I know many religious people and we have no problems with each other.

Secondly there is no evidence to the contrary, there is no evidence at all.

Which is precisely why I am an atheist, I have never seen, touched, heard, tasted or smelled anything pertaining to a god (there are about 38,000 different religions worldwide so I should add gods and goddesses I suppose), until I do I am without belief in a god, gods or goddesses by whatever name these thousands of religions call their supernatural entity/s.

If you wish to believe in a god, that is your perogative. Please don't burden me with it.

As this is a public forum and a free country I am allowed to profess my lack of belief in your invisible deity.

You have faith without proof, I require proof. That's about as simple as I can state it.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#1215 Sep 4, 2009
john wrote:
You know what it takes to find out big talker. Chase your tail Karl your nothing and your bark don't impress me.
<quoted text>
how is the project going John

your god send you any victims yet?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#1216 Sep 4, 2009
Charlie wrote:
Heck, I was making atheist arguments myself at one time.
And then I saw the light!
Hallelujah! I once was blind, but now I see! Where do I tithe?
john

United States

#1217 Sep 4, 2009
I saw nothing and named it atheissland. Did you get that ball out of your yard gramps?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Stumpy! You're back from the northern hinterland. Tell us! Did you see strange creatures there, like moose and invisible pink unicorns?
That's right, Stump (we call him that because as cute as he is, he's as dumb as a tree stump)- and Santa's not influenced by those statistics either.
Stump, the theist. Axe him anytime.
http://snipurl.com/rjkun

“Hello homo sapiens sapiens.”

Since: Mar 07

A galaxy near you.

#1218 Sep 4, 2009
john wrote:
There is no room in their with all the butchered children you so willingly rationalize. When one doesn't believe in a soul or a purposeful life no wonder killing is so unemotional for you nothings.
<quoted text>
I am a mother and grandmother, how did you extract butchering children from my post. Are you replying to the wrong person. Perhaps you have too many names and ISP addresses to keep up with;0)

Location hidden

#1219 Sep 4, 2009
john wrote:
Great duck Karl. Sooooo convincing. That your position to defend then chlamydia?
<quoted text>
thanks

i did think the chlamydia was a good fit for you and your faith

saying that i believe would be a bit strong probably

but I don't know because you have never defined "beleif"

What is you position John

would it have been appropriate to use the word believe?

as in:

i did "believe" that chlamydia was a good fit for you and your faith

Location hidden

#1220 Sep 4, 2009
john wrote:
What is the answer Deb? Show me the self reported intellect, substance, evidence based logic. You insist to have as an atheist despite evidence to the contrary. Will you lurk on the sidelines as well refusing to defend a position for others to refute, debate, agree with or mock. Stump Deb hold her to her own standards.
<quoted text>
how is the project going John

has your god sent any victims yet?
john

United States

#1221 Sep 4, 2009
One-dimensional but fruitful. Quantify any nothing today?
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for thinking of me jonny
how's your god, good i hope
good gods are best good god
john
how's your project
found anyone who believes something?
or anyone who even understand the concept of belief?
no-- you're the only one
and
its lonely because you have been the only one for such a long time,
all you have is your sockpuppets,
you used to have god, but than he became you and now you don't even have god because he is you and you are him
anyway; how is the project

Fennario

#1222 Sep 4, 2009
DebJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hush Roberto. Drop the religion and come out of the closet. Sniffing stale mothballs isn't living.
Put on that rhinestone studded black velvet bustier and purple satin harem pants and dance your way down to the local watering hole!
Man, Puxico was never this cool when I was living near there! Must have been that at that annual festival they had there.
john

United States

#1223 Sep 4, 2009
0h boy a two for one special; duck and duckee. Keep wowing us with the nothing L0L
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Stumpy, now don't be so mean and ornery! Please, please, please tell us what you believe! How am I going to know what to think if nobody tells me?

Location hidden

#1224 Sep 4, 2009
john wrote:
There is no room in their with all the butchered children you so willingly rationalize. When one doesn't believe in a soul or a purposeful life no wonder killing is so unemotional for you nothings.
<quoted text>
how are you paul

how is your god doing

good i hope

it is always a relief when he is good because then you are good

how is the project coming

has he sent a victim?
john

United States

#1225 Sep 4, 2009
Enjoy the wait and remember the repeatable and observable standard lord science has set.
DebJ wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I am an atheist not an antitheist. I know many religious people and we have no problems with each other.
Secondly there is no evidence to the contrary, there is no evidence at all.
Which is precisely why I am an atheist, I have never seen, touched, heard, tasted or smelled anything pertaining to a god (there are about 38,000 different religions worldwide so I should add gods and goddesses I suppose), until I do I am without belief in a god, gods or goddesses by whatever name these thousands of religions call their supernatural entity/s.
If you wish to believe in a god, that is your perogative. Please don't burden me with it.
As this is a public forum and a free country I am allowed to profess my lack of belief in your invisible deity.
You have faith without proof, I require proof. That's about as simple as I can state it.

Location hidden

#1226 Sep 4, 2009
john wrote:
One-dimensional but fruitful. Quantify any nothing today?
<quoted text>
thanks John

how are you and how is god today John

oops i asked the same question twice

Fennario

#1227 Sep 4, 2009
melevy wrote:
<quoted text>1 in 5 catholics attend mass regularly
Merry Missmas!

I see online worship coming soon. Just give it your credit card number and then go back to sleep. Somebody with the demeanor of Sam Kennison is streaming by while you're dreaming of that hot little redhead down at the convenience store. You know, the one with the eyepatch and the clubfoot?(GC: may he RIP).

Win-win.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#1228 Sep 4, 2009
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you guys cloned by Science drools or what!? Sheesh, you are a bitter bunch completely lacking anything but disbelief. What a narrow and limited worldview.
This is NOT an answer to the question. Let me ask again, where do your morals come from?

Fennario

#1229 Sep 4, 2009
john wrote:
I disagree sorrow, bitterness, and pain cannot be measured by science. Therefore, I will refuse to believe it.
This is why the people who love him call him the Stump! That's right, Stump, and Jesus loves you too! Did you fetch that material or just give up? http://snipurl.com/rlifc

Fennario

#1230 Sep 4, 2009
melevy wrote:
<quoted text>Anecdotal evidence is worthless. You could easily be making all of that up. I can tell you that this is one atheist that won't be making any such conversion.
It's so tempting, though, isn't it melevy? Throw your brains into a suitcase and then jettison them into space, and end up having the story on the Internet as the subject of discussion.

It's a miracle!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#1231 Sep 4, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hateful way to think.

Without god(s), Life is everything.

It is religion that cheapens life, specially of children. How many babies and young children were killed in the supposed flood? How many in Sodom & Gomorrah? Why did god harden the pharaoh's heart if it wasn't just an excuse to kill more children? How about Joshua & the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, etc.? Don't forget to stone all children who sass their parents.
john

United States

#1232 Sep 4, 2009
Nope, you believe killing the most innocent of your kind should be a legal right.
DebJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a mother and grandmother, how did you extract butchering children from my post. Are you replying to the wrong person. Perhaps you have too many names and ISP addresses to keep up with;0)

Fennario

#1233 Sep 4, 2009
Path wrote:
In scientific terms I'm sure there was something before the big bang. Something that enabled it to happen.
I'm going to call that something god.
In scientific terms, time began with the Big Bang, and there is no meaning to the phrase "before the Big Bang" just as there is no meaning to the phrase "outside the Universe" or "under the Universe"
Path wrote:
I don't believe in a sentient creator god, but I'm going to call that something that existed before the bang god.
Now if we could all just agree on my god, and move on...
That's pretty good.

But I want a neutral name. This god word brings too much baggage.

Besides, it already has several names. I call it Jockomo:

"Nothing can be said or known about the creative source of FEENO (the physical Universe), an entity termed JOCKOMO. All that can be ascertained about the reality of JOCKOMO is that which is faintly intuited by the faculty of the brain that intuitively produces the experience of mystery or divinity in us, and whatever little bit that the reasoning faculty can add to that.

"JOCKOMO may be or might no longer be existent, may have been formerly existent, or something else altogether. It may be substantial (material) or transcendent. It may be plural or singular, finite or immortal, conscious or insentient; we cannot know and don't say.

"We do not know if JOCKOMO knows us or can know us. It is not necessary."

Really, any name but god, jesus, allah, jehovah - you get the picture. Too much baggage!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 min Richardfs 2,183
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 58 min Joe fortuna 232,690
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr _Bad Company 1,437
God' existence 6 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 6 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 7 hr Geezerjock 1
Australia: black magic pervert retard 8 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 9 hr ChristineM 366