Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
Richard

Erie, PA

#788 Sep 3, 2009
Why don't they march over toe Russia and join their comrades there?
Truth Czar

Tinley Park, IL

#789 Sep 3, 2009
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. I've seen dozens of Christians with hair that looks like dreads but isn't, wearing about six sweaters on a hot day, and pushing a shopping cart full of twigs and string while shouting and shaking a fist B'jeezus.
That's what you have left when all the productive members of your society move to a neighboring country.

Since: Aug 08

Chitown

#790 Sep 3, 2009
Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
In order for government to exist it has to steal wealth. I don't know about you but theft is evil.
So... you advocate anarchy?

“STOP HUSSEIN!!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Kenya

#791 Sep 3, 2009
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many atheist organizations get a total tax exemption on all money and realestate?

None, because there are no charitable atheist organizations.

You don't have to have a religion to declare a not-for-profit.

So I rephrase the question, how many not-for-profit atheist organizations out there that feed, shelter, and help the homeless?

How many Atheist "Salvation Army" type organizations are there?

“STOP HUSSEIN!!!!”

Kenya

#792 Sep 3, 2009
liberal weenie wrote:
<quoted text>The ACLU stands up for EVERYONE'S civil liberties regardless of faith or lack thereof.

That's what they claim.

The ACLU is a liberal biased organization. They only stand up for liberal causes and against conservative ones.

Chitown

#793 Sep 3, 2009
Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACLU is a fraud. The care nothing for private property rights or the right of self defense.
Ok, do you realize that without government there would be no private property? More than that, to live on the land that you want, you would have to wage war to protect it from others, or you can pay someone else do it for you - like government.
Truth Czar

Tinley Park, IL

#794 Sep 3, 2009
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
http://snipurl.com/rjw3c
The picture of faith
you Atheists sound like a broken record, I already got this picture, the pope travels in an armored car because of people just like you.

Chitown

#795 Sep 3, 2009
Truth Czar wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one trying to change the status quo is you dirty antitheists. go crawl back under the rock you came from. This country was founded on religious freedom and you will not change that. And were keeping the Stanley Cup, your kids will have to get a passport to see it.
Country was founded on freedom from any particular religion to be a status quo, freedom to practice any or no religion in private. Taking religion out of public domain assures this right.
Alex

Philadelphia, PA

#796 Sep 3, 2009
The Heathen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly... During the civil rights movement of the 60's the position was that blacks were equal to rights.... PERIOD. The actions taken were taken in order to PROVE that and make sure their rights were observed.
It is similar with what atheists are experiencing now. Atheists are tired of having the religious shove their faerie-tales down our throats. It doesn't change our position. We do not believe in your or any other juju/sky-daddy. Do not propose to enact or enforce laws upon us that are based in your superstitions.
Keep your myths to yourself, live by whatever silly rules you feel you need to live by, but don't try to force others to do so.
So the atheist handbook say "Thou shalt protest or thou shalt be thrown to the theist mob"?

I must have a page missing.

Implicit in the freedom of speech is the freedom to remain silent.

BTW, I was there in the 1960's. Peace.

Some atheists seem to think that
Don't presume to know what I think.
Saint Paul Sam

Minneapolis, MN

#797 Sep 3, 2009
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that would be conservative republican politicians. You know the ones that get caught cruising mens restrooms,but talk anti-gay, man plus woman only marriage.
Poor example. It fades to black when you consider the boogie President that gaythiests elected.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Alex

Philadelphia, PA

#798 Sep 3, 2009
oops.

Last line should have read:

Some atheists seem to think that the non-establishment clause is a de-facto repudiation of religion. It isn't.

You can't open your council meeting with a prayer or with a statement denying the existence of God.

Don't presume to know what I think.

Read it in my recent posts.
Truth Czar

Tinley Park, IL

#799 Sep 3, 2009
mayo420 wrote:
Tough call, who do you have more respect for? The atheists who admit they don't believe in God or christians who pretend to believe?
like your respect means anything, go scratch.
Richard

Erie, PA

#800 Sep 3, 2009
With just 2% church attendence Russia is as close as it comes on this planet to an atheistic nirvana.

“STOP HUSSEIN!!!!”

Kenya

#801 Sep 3, 2009
Saint Paul Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor example. It fades to black when you consider the boogie President that gaythiests elected.
So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Yeah the atheists voted for Obama and it turns out that he is Muslim.

Why else would Obama praise Islam every single chance he gets?
Bill Smith

Mount Pleasant, SC

#802 Sep 3, 2009
Anikitos wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, do you realize that without government there would be no private property? More than that, to live on the land that you want, you would have to wage war to protect it from others, or you can pay someone else do it for you - like government.
Wrong. I have heard this myth ad nausium.
Truth Czar

Tinley Park, IL

#803 Sep 3, 2009
oneear69 wrote:
In the Bullshit Department, a businessman can't hold a candle to a clergyman.'Cause I gotta tell you the truth, folks. When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims: religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told.
Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you.
He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!
-- George Carlin
I saw Carlin in vegas just before he died, he sounded hatefilled and bitter, most of the people didn't even find him funny.
US Government

Toledo, OH

#804 Sep 3, 2009
We NEED religion. We NEED religion because it's the ONLY WAY to promote fear, hate social order, and dependency. We also NEED religion to be a first tool for BRAINWASHING (which you get from the media THANKS to the training of religion).

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#805 Sep 3, 2009
Alex wrote:
Wow. How do you get that from my posts? You and Karl44 are getting a bit paranoid. Hell, He thinks I'm John now.
None of you have the slightest clue what I believe or don't believe. You simply make assumptions based on questions I ask that you perceive as threats. This thread had potential, but I don't see it going anywhere at this point, so I'm going to spin the lid down on this jar of scorpions and move on.
<waves goodbye>
Alex wrote:
Banding together to fling feces at another group of people who hold different beliefs is primitive and cowardly.
Yet they do, and deny evolving from lower primates at the same time.
Alex wrote:
I believe that the question of God's (or god's) existence is irrelevant.
Really? Well I don't.
Alex wrote:
I believe that no one ever changed anyone else's mind by calling them rude names.
I'm not trying to change the minds of the people that I refer to unflatteringly. That dog don't hunt.

I'm trying to make a case for emphatic and judgmental rejection of liars and hypocrites in no uncertain terms, because that it is an effective and valuable way to deal with you people. One does not play patty-cake with the demons during an exorcism.

"The power of Jeebus compels you! The power of Jeebus compels you! <several hours or days later> "This house is clean!"
Alex wrote:
I believe that none of you can be certain regarding the existence of god (or God)
Duh. Straw man.
Alex wrote:
I believe that each of you had the right to your own opinion and the right to express that opinion. But you don't have the right to impose it on anyone else.
And if we have any say in the matter, it will stay that way.

You'd better go find some lower lying fruit to work your shtick on. Your cover was blown by your second post. You smacked Stumpy in the face with a
plunger for nothing. Next time, bring a bottle of seltzer and spray it down his pants.

Hey, you forgot the part where you confess to be borin' again!

“STOP HUSSEIN!!!!”

Kenya

#806 Sep 3, 2009
Hitler, Mao, Stalin, all atheists.

Killed millions, they did, they sure did.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#807 Sep 3, 2009
MRLOUIS wrote:
What’s their motto, Stand up for Nothing!
That's our motto! Better to stand for nothing than to sit for religion.

Now tell me how I worship science.

(Is there no end to the Borg?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min KiMare 233,158
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr _Bad Company 23,267
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Morse 5,951
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr RayOne 2,621
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 4 hr SnuffAGlobalisst 23
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 8 hr Dee 41
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr _Bad Company 1,458
More from around the web