Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,979

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
LCNLin

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#74153 Nov 28, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving to all

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#74154 Nov 28, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving to all
Well color me pumpkin orange.

You actually said something that wasn't either SPAM or a personal insult to someone else.

And a Happy Turkey-Day to you.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John

United States

#74155 Nov 28, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 168
LCNLin

United States

#74158 Nov 28, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 167
Many intelligent atheist exist...the troll who has to respond to every post seems a bit insecure

Seems so secure in his beliefs he wants people banned, LOL

Nothing like a weak advocate to damage a cause.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John

Florissant, MO

#74160 Nov 29, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*57
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a
John

Florissant, MO

#74162 Nov 29, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 169

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#74165 Mar 8, 2014
buh bye john wrote:
John, one of the great bores of topix, has passed on to his final reward. Let's have a moment of silence. In fact, let's have an eternity of silence ...
Really? He's dead?

I would not wish that on anyone; too bad he never learned anything before his passing.

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#74167 Mar 8, 2014
Queenie wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shucks, I don't know if he's actually dead, but he's such an obnoxious mofo, that I couldn't resist. Hope all is well with you, Bob. I have been missing from topix for quite a while, and I have always enjoyed reading you. You are as sharp and funny as ever..
Hi, Queenie!

I mostly use FaceBroke these days, and only occasionally drop in on Toxic--erm--Topix.

:)

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John

United States

#74169 Mar 10, 2014
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*58
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a

Judged:

20

20

19

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#74170 Mar 10, 2014
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*58
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a
Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/
Proof of evolution: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/
Proof of evolution: http://ideonexus.com/2012/02/12/101-reasons-w...
Proof of evolution: http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence
Proof of evolution: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/sear...
Proof of evolution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_comm...
Proof of evolution: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/...

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John

United States

#74171 Mar 10, 2014
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 170

Judged:

12

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John

United States

#74172 Mar 10, 2014
Are those the missing links Bob? You purposefully skipped steps trying to mask your irrelevance.
Get your nothing out of here!

Judged:

13

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#74175 May 27, 2014
I remember that your questions didnt make sense or something. ... but I have been away and forget what they are John. Refresh my memory.
John

United States

#74176 Jun 4, 2014
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 171
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#74177 Jun 4, 2014
christians are sad pathetic people. I don't hate them, I feel sorry for them. Fully grown adults who still believe the fairy tale of god break my heart.

I am an atheist and this headline amuses me. I have not seen any atheists marching. The last time I marched was in the Marine Corp outside Da Nang in1970. My boots were wet and muddy and my feet hurt.

I have made a few mistakes in my life but the one mistake I never made was wasting my Sunday's in church and providing the charlatans and televangelists with a life of luxury by giving them my hard-earned money.
John

United States

#74178 Jun 4, 2014
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*59
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a
Carl Sagan

Tulsa, OK

#74179 Jun 4, 2014
"A fire-breathing dragon lives in my garage"

Suppose I seriously make such an assertion to you. Surely you'd want to check it out, see for yourself. There have been innumerable stories of dragons over the centuries, but no real evidence.

"Show me," you say. I lead you to my garage. You look inside and see a ladder, empty paint cans, an old tricycle -- but no dragon.

"Where's the dragon?" you ask.

"Oh, she's right here," I reply, waving vaguely. "I neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon."

You propose spreading flour on the floor of the garage to capture the dragon's footprints.

"Good idea," I say, "but this dragon floats in the air."

Then you'll use an infrared sensor to detect the invisible fire.

"Good idea, but the invisible fire is also heatless."

You'll spray-paint the dragon and make her visible.

"Good idea, but she's an incorporeal dragon and the paint won't stick." And so on. I counter every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it won't work.

If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists? Your inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true. Claims that cannot be tested, assertions immune to disproof are veridically worthless, whatever value they may have in inspiring us or in exciting our sense of wonder.
John

United States

#74180 Jun 5, 2014
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 172
Carl Sagan

Tulsa, OK

#74181 Jun 5, 2014
John wrote:
You skipped the questions.
This question? " Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?"

Are you really that ignorant? Atheists DO NOT attempt to hold anybody accountable for anything. It is the christians that try to hold the world accountable. Usually through threats of burning for eternity or some other such nonsense. By the way, I didn't see where you tried to prove my invisible Dragon didn't really exist. Like disproving your worthless god, it is impossible to disprove my Dragon, but that doesn't prove god exists, either.

Your line about stumping an atheist blah, blah, blah is nothing more than a childish attempt at deflection in order to avoid facing the truth. You're pathetically ignorant and refuse to abandon fairy tales.

I won't argue with a grown man who just stepped off of the short bus, so carry on, I'm through schooling you. Btw, next time you talk to your god ask him for a working brain.
Carl Sagan

Tulsa, OK

#74182 Jun 5, 2014
Before I leave I have a question for a christian. It will more than likely stump him, but... "If there truly is a god, why does he let hundreds of thousands of purely innocent children suffer agonizing pain year after year?"

I've heard the old stand by about, "god works in mysterious ways" and "god has a plan" and "we aren't suppose to question the big guy", but if you have a definitive answer to my question please enlighten me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 234,635
Christianity Created Hitler 31 min Gillette 200
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 55 min ChristineM 14,630
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 59 min Mikko 1,496
why? 2 hr Thinking 47
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 3 hr thetruth 31
The Consequences of Atheism 5 hr thetruth 70
More from around the web