Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
70,421 - 70,440 of 70,983 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5
Thinking

York, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Whilst the vast majority of believers are not religitards, I reserve the right to apply the word to those that are.
EmpAtheist wrote:
"Religitard" may sound clever and funny to us.... But it is still bigotry. I'm not a fan.
I hate pointing this out when the 2 biggest commenting Christians on here are both experts in the art of bigotry.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 42
Thinking

York, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I believe you're a religitard.
John wrote:
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 42
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 43

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, technically it's not. Retardation is the hindering of growth, and that is pretty much what they are demonstrating. Religitard is a contraction of religious and retard, thus it could be understood are "retardation caused by religious superstition."
But meh, there's a fine line between stereotypes and bigotry, I do confess.
Lol... Ok... But I work with individuals with mental retardation... And there is a difference in a type of developmental disability and calling someone a retard. The intention is to insult... Not to honestly classify.

I would be fired if I told my client, "you are a retard".

On that note... I guess religitard is the insult... And saying they are all dishonest is the bigotry...

So it depends... If religitards are supposed to be all religious people... It's bigotry that I dislike... However if religitards are just the ones who are religious and ignorant.... It would be like insulting Islamic terrorists instead of Muslims ... And I have no problem...
Lol

Ok but really now I am trying to make it ok to rationalize innocence just like everyone else is... I don't like it. I'm just saying... That's all.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 44
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

PSA

yawn Zzzz department

@john 'makes the presupposition' his feeble mind works or anyone cares!

@john 'Absolutely. Right back at ya'
Indicates a total detachment from rational thought. Devoid of reason, commonsense, facts, logic and truth.

@john 'Atheism is simply disbelief'
This is the ONLY "truth" he's posted.

@john 'I contend the preponderance of evidence'
Translated = I never research anything because I know everything. Ask me and my Narcissistic persona will tell you!

Irony meter explodes again...

@john 'Another day of ineptitude'
Once again @John speaks the truth about his daily ineptitude.

@john 'You skipped'
Once again @John speaks the truth. All of his posts are skipped.

@john psychobabble to begin soon !

see below ;)
I
|
\/
Kelly

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Another incidence of a minority group wanting to squash the rights of the majority. Politically Correct once again gone amok.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Ok... But I work with individuals with mental retardation... And there is a difference in a type of developmental disability and calling someone a retard. The intention is to insult... Not to honestly classify.
I would be fired if I told my client, "you are a retard".
On that note... I guess religitard is the insult... And saying they are all dishonest is the bigotry...
So it depends... If religitards are supposed to be all religious people... It's bigotry that I dislike... However if religitards are just the ones who are religious and ignorant.... It would be like insulting Islamic terrorists instead of Muslims ... And I have no problem...
Lol
Ok but really now I am trying to make it ok to rationalize innocence just like everyone else is... I don't like it. I'm just saying... That's all.
Yes, I have worked with such children as a class in high school. Thought it would be an easy class, but it was fun, learned a lot about people by taking that elective.

You are correct that the word has been sullied, like so many others, which is a shame as it is an apt description for many things. Luckily the scientific community puts no weight on how sullied a word is, or perhaps that is the disdain people hold for it, the fact that their attempts to make certain words "bad" has all but failed on scientists.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 45
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I've skipped the answers. My spam exposes that I realize the futility of my faith based belief in a prime mover.
I come back to make myself feel better about my delusion. What's the object of my spam today?....Evidence based thinking and skepticism?
Stump John! Ask me for something other than delusional and repetitive spam.46
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 46
Thinking

York, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Can I have a nice cup of tea, please?
John wrote:
I've skipped the answers. My spam exposes that I realize the futility of my faith based belief in a prime mover.
I come back to make myself feel better about my delusion. What's the object of my spam today?....Evidence based thinking and skepticism?
Stump John! Ask me for something other than delusional and repetitive spam.46
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 47
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

I like it when my grunty hole is tickled with a feather duster. 1

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Everywhere I travel in USA I see closed vacant churches...YEA FOR FREEDOM.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*32
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

I mean, you could claim that anything's real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody's proved it doesn't exist!
&#8213; J.K. Rowling

Religion = superstition
C. Sense
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 48

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 48
Stump a cult member....Ask them to prove there god is real.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Lord stuart XXX 226,145
100% Faith Free 39 min religionislies 7
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 40 min religionislies 6
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 41 min religionislies 21,490
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr NightSerf 395
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 8 hr NightSerf 6
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 11 hr Patrick 24
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••