Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#73661 Jul 12, 2013
EdSed wrote:
I think sometimes we try to debate with poes and people who obviously aren't 'the full shilling'.
There isn't much to discuss with religion/atheism really. There are no such things as gods and pixies. One song says it all..
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...
One reason I come here is that I'm interested in what non-believers think on certain issues and there are no Humanist or Ethical Topix forums.
Another reason I come here is offer support; or help show non-believers that they don't need religion, religious language (beliefs, atheism, agnosticism) or religious thinking at all.(Search humanism, skeptics, rationalist, Brights, etc). I sometimes challenge religionists on areas where I feel religion/superstition are harmful, such as creationism; religious courts; prejudices against gays, non-believers or bastards; sectarianism; child abuse and mutilation; etc.
I think Poe fishing can be fun sometimes... But annoying that they exist... Or rather dont exist.... Hmmm lol
John

United States

#73662 Jul 12, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 102

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#73663 Jul 13, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 102
I believe you're a d*ck. Actually I don't because I have proof.

Not stumped any more...
What

Faribault, MN

#73664 Jul 13, 2013
I like the USA..We can be any religion we want or none at all..
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#73665 Jul 13, 2013
What wrote:
I like the USA..We can be any religion we want or none at all..
I agree, but the I'd like to see the USA lead the world, trail it...
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...
Only 54% of US voters said (2012) they would vote for a non-believer..
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155285/atheists-mu...

Having overcome most prejudice against women, blacks and gays, it's time to abandon bias against non-believers too.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#73666 Jul 13, 2013
Oops - I meant 'not trail it'!
John

United States

#73667 Jul 13, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*41
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#73668 Jul 13, 2013
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*41
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a
yet you have never given any evidence of this prime ...there is no evidence of such. not even the teensiest, weensiest shred. ever. in the entire history of humanity not even one shred...

yet you still post this lie...
John

United States

#73669 Jul 13, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 103

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73670 Jul 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you're a d*ck. Actually I don't because I have proof.
Not stumped any more...
Hey!

I have some very strong circumstantial evidence that Stumpy has no actual d*ck of any kind...

...!!

... if he did? He'd show a wee bit of backbone.

And it's quite evident he has no spine of any sort-- with the possible exception of the poisonous kind.

;)
John

United States

#73671 Jul 13, 2013
]You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 104

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73672 Jul 13, 2013
John wrote:
]You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 104
See?
John

United States

#73673 Jul 13, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 105

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#73674 Jul 13, 2013
John wrote:
BLAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Your silence exposes you to realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a mythical god that doesn't exist.
Come on back when today's march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....the Topix atheists? Leave them alone, please. They are hurting.
Stump a theist! Ask them what they believe. Odds are they'll come up with some ridiculous excuse as to why they don't know what they believe. Lord knows what thing the crazy theists'll come up with next! 105
That's much better.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#73675 Jul 13, 2013
Bob, I believe I've edited his post to make it more coherent. ;)
John

United States

#73676 Jul 13, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 106

Location hidden

#73677 Jul 14, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's much better.
John knows he's wrong. This is his form of retaliation when he know's he's wrong and has nothing new to say or contribute to the discussion he lost.

Location hidden

#73678 Jul 14, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 105
Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting the same result John.

Sort of like praying really.
John

United States

#73679 Jul 14, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 107
Imhotep

Silver Springs, FL

#73680 Jul 14, 2013
Yawn, Zzzz - Category

@john 'You skipped'
Once again @John speaks the truth. All of his posts are skipped.

@john 'Another day of ineptitude'
Once again @John speaks the truth about his daily ineptitude.

@john 'makes the presupposition' his feeble mind works or anyone cares!

@john 'Absolutely. Right back at ya'
Indicates a total detachment from rational thought. Devoid of reason, commonsense, facts, logic and truth.

@john 'I contend the preponderance of evidence'
Translated = I never research anything because I know everything. Ask me and my Narcissistic persona will tell you!

@john 'Atheism is simply disbelief'
This is the ONLY "truth" he's posted.

@john psychobabble to begin soon !

See below or above ;)
I
|
\/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 11 min IB DaMann 94
bigger fish to fry (Jul '11) 2 hr Suspicious Packag... 2
What are the best arguments against religion? 2 hr Richardfs 8
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 5 hr Richardfs 5,721
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Brian_G 23,592
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 hr scientia potentia... 48,864
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 13 hr Mintz4004 21,889
More from around the web