Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#73639 Jul 11, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 95
CrimeaRiver

UK

#73640 Jul 11, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 95
Wow dude - you managed to turn an interesting subject into a frustratingly unhelpful farce.

Kinda like what mankind did with abrahamic faiths.
John

United States

#73641 Jul 11, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 96

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73642 Jul 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I believe you cover for religious child abuse. 8
<quoted text>
I believe you are correct.

Even still.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73643 Jul 11, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow dude - you managed to turn an interesting subject into a frustratingly unhelpful farce.

Kinda like what mankind did with abrahamic faiths.
I see you've met the autogodbot, Stumpy.
John

United States

#73644 Jul 11, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*40
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73647 Jul 12, 2013
Why?
John wrote:
I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#73648 Jul 12, 2013
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*40
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a
All your stupid sh*t will matter, when you provide proof of the god you're lying about.
CrimeaRiver

UK

#73649 Jul 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All your stupid sh*t will matter, when you provide proof of the god you're lying about.
John can't help it, believers are programmed to simply regurgitate dogma without questioning or even understanding it.

Better to ignore him than give him any sense of importance. He has lost the argument at the most basic level.

I have met many Christian priests here in the UK who are extremely interesting to listen to, they understand the pitfalls of blindly believing versus objectivity. They tend to be Cathiolic or Church of England priests that I've met.

The ones I can't deal with are the Born Agains and Evangelists. I gather John belongs to one of these sects. They tend to behave like him and simply ignore any voice of reason.

They seem to think that we are anti-God and therefore pro-Satan. They can't grasp the fact that I have no belief in either a creator God nor Satan.

I'm open to belief, but not blind belief. I need evidence. Show me evidence of God and i will bow to His magnificence. But until then I'll be the best me I can be without needing a God to justify my existence.
John

United States

#73650 Jul 12, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 97

Location hidden

#73651 Jul 12, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 97
*yawn* f*ck your lies.
John

United States

#73652 Jul 12, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 98

Location hidden

#73653 Jul 12, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 98
Creationist liars with no proof of god keep talking out of their a$$e$ for eternity
John

United States

#73654 Jul 12, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 99
CrimeaRiver

UK

#73655 Jul 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist liars with no proof of god keep talking out of their a$$e$ for eternity
Dude - I wouldn't bother directing posts at him. He is obviously jusy going to keep repeating the same paragraph over and over again.

Thats the mindset of nutjobs like him.
John

United States

#73656 Jul 12, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 100
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#73657 Jul 12, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude - I wouldn't bother directing posts at him. He is obviously just going to keep repeating the same paragraph over and over again.
Thats the mindset of nutjobs like him.
I agree. He is a
complete wackcase.
John

United States

#73658 Jul 12, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 101

Since: Nov 12

Pittsburgh, PA

#73659 Jul 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's astonishing how dishonest you folk are - no shame whatsoever. You will play victim at any and every opportunity.
I don't understand

Since: Nov 12

Pittsburgh, PA

#73660 Jul 12, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a discussion forum. I'm new to this particular thread but can see that in the absence of any real argument John has decided to simply repeat the same phrase ad nauseum.
Its a shame because he should be able to counter every argument with his own research and understanding of faith.
But thats where being so pious without being objective becomes destructive. He is no different to some of those fundamentalists who wish to impose a strict dogma on people simply because thats the way it is.
I do not disagree with anything you said.... I don't think he should receive personal insults. Also I am not a fan of bigotry toward atheists and I don't want to be hypocritical. Your judgement of him is accurate, but my comment wasn't telling people to forgive him... It was to point out that many atheist are doing the same crap that we don't like done to us.

John has had discussions before... But he has given up again. I have personally responded to him repeatedly in detail in various ways pointing out the error in his questions, intentions, and thinking.... And he just doesn't get it. I do not then resort to childish insults.

Please don't read this as an aggressive response ... I liked your reply... I am only explaining myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Endofdays 81,921
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 5 hr Science 2,206
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Sat Science 33,086
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 18 Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web