Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73614 Jul 10, 2013
I was thinking of real abuse, not just his story book.

But you raise a good point. Why didn't god just lay a big jesus egg instead of impregnating a girl?
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like when God knocked up a 12 year old virgin?
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73615 Jul 10, 2013
I believe you cover for religious child abuse. 3
John wrote:
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 86

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#73616 Jul 10, 2013
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*38
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a
1 Sam. 2:8, "For the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, And He set the world on them."

I have seen a picture of the earth taken from the moon and I didn't see any pillars.
John

United States

#73617 Jul 10, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 87

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#73618 Jul 10, 2013
John may say some crazy things and ignore answers.....

But....

I'm gonna be "that guy". And say I don't think the constant name calling and assertions that he is a horrible human being are called for.

The copy and paste is annoying and his ignorance is frustrating..... But that's all...

Say what you want but I think some atheists are just participating in a gauntlet of angry words that john is willingly running though with ears plugged and eyes closed.

It just seems like a waste of time and emotion for everyone until the occasional real conversations are had.
John

United States

#73619 Jul 10, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 88
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73620 Jul 10, 2013
I believe you cover for religious child abuse. 4
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 87
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73621 Jul 10, 2013
I believe you cover for religious child abuse. 5
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 88
John

United States

#73622 Jul 10, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*39
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73623 Jul 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I believe you cover for religious child abuse. 5
<quoted text>
I believe you are correct.
John

United States

#73624 Jul 10, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 89

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#73625 Jul 10, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
But....
I'm gonna be "that guy". And say I don't think the constant name calling and assertions that he is a horrible human being are called for.
The copy and paste is annoying and his ignorance is frustrating..... But that's all...
Say what you want but I think some atheists are just participating in a gauntlet of angry words that john is willingly running though with ears plugged and eyes closed.
It just seems like a waste of time and emotion for everyone until the occasional real conversations are had.

It's astonishing how dishonest you folk are - no shame whatsoever. You will play victim at any and every opportunity.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73626 Jul 11, 2013
I believe you cover for religious child abuse. 6
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 89
CrimeaRiver

UK

#73627 Jul 11, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
But....
This is a discussion forum. I'm new to this particular thread but can see that in the absence of any real argument John has decided to simply repeat the same phrase ad nauseum.

Its a shame because he should be able to counter every argument with his own research and understanding of faith.

But thats where being so pious without being objective becomes destructive. He is no different to some of those fundamentalists who wish to impose a strict dogma on people simply because thats the way it is.
John

United States

#73628 Jul 11, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 90
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#73629 Jul 11, 2013
I think sometimes we try to debate with poes and people who obviously aren't 'the full shilling'.

There isn't much to discuss with religion/atheism really. There are no such things as gods and pixies. One song says it all..
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

One reason I come here is that I'm interested in what non-believers think on certain issues and there are no Humanist or Ethical Topix forums.

Another reason I come here is offer support; or help show non-believers that they don't need religion, religious language (beliefs, atheism, agnosticism) or religious thinking at all.(Search humanism, skeptics, rationalist, Brights, etc). I sometimes challenge religionists on areas where I feel religion/superstition are harmful, such as creationism; religious courts; prejudices against gays, non-believers or bastards; sectarianism; child abuse and mutilation; etc.
John

United States

#73630 Jul 11, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 91
CrimeaRiver

UK

#73631 Jul 11, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 91
You skipped the point. Your repetition exposes that you realize you have no evidence stronger than that of your primitive mediaeval forefathers who unwittingly accepted faith over rationalism.
Come on back when you have a clue. What's the object of your venom today?....Evolution, science, homosexuality?
Stump an theist! Ask them why they believe without evidence. 3
John

United States

#73632 Jul 11, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 92
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73633 Jul 11, 2013
I believe you cover for religious child abuse. 7
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 90

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min One way or another 34,618
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 47 min Uncle Sam 14,891
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 2 hr ATHEOI 110
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 4 hr Lawrence Wolf 396
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr ChristineM 255,503
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 hr ChristineM 20,053
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 12 hr emperorjohn 4,468
More from around the web