Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#73493 Jul 4, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*33
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a

Since: Nov 12

Presto, PA

#73494 Jul 4, 2013
True Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
True Atheist,
Did you believe in god ever? What did you believe as a child? Just curious. This is something you can talk about so you don't feel you are proselytizing .

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#73495 Jul 5, 2013
True Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta love the in-depth analysis of the forum trolls!
They give a nice 'bump' if nothing else.
Who gives a sh*t you dishonest creationist troll.

You can't get your cult message across by proving your god, so you need to lie about being atheist / agnostic.

That's how weak and deceptive your sh*tty cult is.
John

United States

#73496 Jul 5, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 55
Imhotep

United States

#73498 Jul 5, 2013
PSA
Yawns, Zzzz - Category

@john 'makes the presupposition' his feeble mind works or anyone cares!

@john 'Absolutely. Right back at ya'
Indicates a total detachment from rational thought. Devoid of reason, commonsense, facts, logic and truth.

@john 'Atheism is simply disbelief'
This is the ONLY "truth" he's posted.

@john 'I contend the preponderance of evidence'
Translated = I never research anything because I know everything. Ask me and my Narcissistic persona will tell you!

Irony meter explodes again...

@john 'Another day of ineptitude'
Once again @John speaks the truth about his daily ineptitude.

@john 'You skipped'
Once again @John speaks the truth. All of his posts are skipped.

@john psychobabble to begin soon !

see below ;) or any previous garbage prior
|
|
\/
John

United States

#73499 Jul 5, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 56
Imhotep

United States

#73502 Jul 5, 2013
PSA
Yawns, Zzzz - Category

Indicates a total detachment from rational thought. Devoid of reason, commonsense, facts, logic and truth.

Translated = I never research anything because I know everything. Ask me and my Narcissistic persona will tell you!

@john 'You skipped'

see below ;) and above!
I
|
\/
John

United States

#73503 Jul 5, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 57
Imhotep

United States

#73505 Jul 5, 2013
PSA
Yawn, Zzzz - Category

@john 'You skipped'

See below or above ;)
I
|
\/
John

United States

#73506 Jul 5, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 58
True Atheist

Long Beach, CA

#73507 Jul 5, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a sh*t you dishonest creationist troll.
You can't get your cult message across by proving your god, so you need to lie about being atheist / agnostic.
That's how weak and deceptive your sh*tty cult is.
My my my, sooo angry. This guy is not an Athesist...too much 'religious' fervor. The true Atheist is much more relaxed...that's one of the great things about being an Atheist.

I think he is a plant by the religious to discredit Atheism.

Forum Troll: One who makes inflammatory remarks ONLY, with no in-depth analysis, no points of debate, and crude language intending to incite, rather than inform. See: Skeptic
True Atheist

Long Beach, CA

#73508 Jul 5, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
True Atheist,
Did you believe in god ever? What did you believe as a child? Just curious. This is something you can talk about so you don't feel you are proselytizing .
Was raised in the typical non-practicing general Protestant household. Dad thinks it funny that I turned Atheist, and during especially boring moments when I'm over for various holiday lunch/dinner, we'll debate for abit.

It was never a big deal, and I would actually classify my parents as agnostics, as they never seemed to worry either way. Dad's theory is it doesn't matter anyway, as God won't mind that I'm an Atheist, as long as I'm good person (seems to think it would be petty of God to make that - belief - part of the criteria, lol)

We've come to stalemate - neither he nor I can prove our point without involving faith, so eventually we just have another slice of ham or see who can finish off a turkey leg.

Since: Nov 12

Pittsburgh, PA

#73509 Jul 5, 2013
True Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Was raised in the typical non-practicing general Protestant household. Dad thinks it funny that I turned Atheist, and during especially boring moments when I'm over for various holiday lunch/dinner, we'll debate for abit.
Yeah. My mom accepts it pretty well but wishes i was a Christian. My dad on the other hand has mini outbursts. We might be talking about how his garden is doing then he will just randomly say something to my step mom like "he thinks he came from monkeys!..... S why are there still monkeys". You and I know the answer... But I just take a deep breath and talk about the garden again.
True Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
It was never a big deal, and I would actually classify my parents as agnostics, as they never seemed to worry either way. Dad's theory is it doesn't matter anyway, as God won't mind that I'm an Atheist, as long as I'm good person (seems to think it would be petty of God to make that - belief - part of the criteria, lol)
My parents are most definitely Christians... But my mother knows I'm being honest with myself and since it doesn't bother her much... Se must think I'm going to heaven too... I don't know. My dad is very upset though about it. Was very upset that I was in a gay pride parade even though I'm not gay.
True Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
We've come to stalemate - neither he nor I can prove our point without involving faith, so eventually we just have another slice of ham or see who can finish off a turkey leg.
What do you mean by involving faith? Of course you can't. Lol. That's what it takes to be a Christian. The subject has to be faith... And why faith is not a good tool for finding truth. That being said... If it can hurt your relationship... You should not bring it up anyway. It's not worth losing family over. It's sad how many atheists are in the closet for that exact reason.
John

United States

#73510 Jul 5, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 59

Location hidden

#73511 Jul 6, 2013
True Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
My my my, sooo angry. This guy is not an Athesist...too much 'religious' fervor. The true Atheist is much more relaxed...that's one of the great things about being an Atheist.
I think he is a plant by the religious to discredit Atheism.
Forum Troll: One who makes inflammatory remarks ONLY, with no in-depth analysis, no points of debate, and crude language intending to incite, rather than inform. See: Skeptic
Nice try troll, but your opinions will matter after you're proved the god you're here to lie to us about.

Location hidden

#73512 Jul 6, 2013
True Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Dad's theory is it doesn't matter anyway, as God won't mind that I'm an Atheist, as long as I'm good person (seems to think it would be petty of God to make that - belief - part of the criteria, lol)
Creationist troll who simply cannot spread his cult through honest means.

Are you going to be another Lincoln who posts passive agressive cr*p when you're exposed for being a Creationist?

Go on try another tactic, we've seen them all before. If anything you just help create more honest atheists...

Location hidden

#73513 Jul 6, 2013
John wrote:
When you're all grown up and can write proper sentences, please write us a sentence with proof of god in it.
Imhotep

United States

#73514 Jul 6, 2013
PSA
Yawn, Zzzz - Category

@john 'You skipped'

See below or above ;)
I
|
\/

Location hidden

#73515 Jul 6, 2013
True Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of sh*t. Try again creationist troll.

Location hidden

#73516 Jul 6, 2013
John wrote:
If your god was real you wouldn't be getting angry at atheists here, because you'd have proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr Science 2,572
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Science 83,147
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Nov 14 Eagle 12 - 3,988
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct 24 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web