Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
69,981 - 70,000 of 70,959 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 7
JoanofArk

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
it's rational to fail to read half the book that details the fabric of your religion, then complain when someone points out the nastiness of the parts you missed?
heh - there's lots of words for that - "rational" is certainly not one of them.
I personally found the post to show some concerted effort in at least having the decency of respecting others---rather than viciously attacking them --for what ever anyone might (or might not) beleive.

That in and of itself--- equates out to some actual Rationality and decency, rather than just projecting hate and spew upon others.
AtheistcanoPrune s

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Up her ass, alongside with her brain. She is constipated right now so she can't shyt it out.
If you have your face stuck THAT close-I think you need something that offers a little more uh..actual progressiveness, that requires some actual thought, to focus on.

YOu really do not want to be sent shopping for prune juice, do you?

(ah didn't think so)
AtheistcanoPrune s

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Another constipated person. He has all; the evidence stuck up his azz.
and pickup some lye soup to scrub that green film of algea off your skin while you're at it.
JoanofArk

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

believes in Common Sense.

When applied and maintained daily, it usually fares far better for people.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes you are. I notice ALL the nothings skipped the questions. In fact, I'll leave if you can produce one shred of evidence in this arena that meets the standards you hood others accountable to.
poor jonny..
Jonny - take your time. slow down, sound out the big words.
you are making a claim - you are required to provide evidence.
Now, jonny, you know what evidence is. We have told you. We have used small words, and typed slowly for you. Your inability to understand the very, very basic requirements, usually met by anyone else trying who thinks they're making an intelligent claim is that you produce something falsifiable.
This is not hard jonny. not in the slightest.
I've been telling christians this since about 1990, and still - nothing. not a single one of you has anything other than wounded petulant words - typically you fall back on "duur, its jus' faif" or some other articulate permutation.
I've exposed your evidentiary standard and you (the nothing) want to be the arbiter of evidence. Sure.
Yeah, imagine that. We require you to be intelligent about what you say. fancy! I see why you balk.:D
Stump a theist!, Ask them to intelligently validate their claim!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally found the post to show some concerted effort in at least having the decency of respecting others---rather than viciously attacking them --for what ever anyone might (or might not) beleive.
That in and of itself--- equates out to some actual Rationality and decency, rather than just projecting hate and spew upon others.
So?

I find your whoreship of a god that butchers children an affront to basic humanity and morality.

You're sitting there moping about what a few people write here, yet you read an entire book about a god that lets perfectly good people be tormented for eternity, without batting an eyelid?

Please tell me you see the double standard.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 70,013 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

are you stupid or joking wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to "shove" my beliefs down anyone's throat....
Yes you are.
ProvenScience

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
I find your whoreship of a god that butchers children an affront to basic humanity and morality.
You're sitting there moping about what a few people write here, yet you read an entire book about a god that lets perfectly good people be tormented for eternity, without batting an eyelid?
Please tell me you see the double standard.
I'm sure I blinked my eyes a million times...and few thousand more since then.
If you're referncing the OT, I've always stated, it's is not on my top favorite lists of reading materials to "pour over"- and what people write here, is certainly nothing I'd sit and mope over either, as I personally do Not believe in good people being tormented, at all.
Quite the contrary, as that actually sounds like it would be very uninspiring, and definitely NOT anything my style.

As far as double standards, I see them everywhere, every day. Probably because in my opinion, we certainly don't live in any sort of "perfect" world.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Something you may like...
Fire Congress
Restore constitutional government.
1. No Bill to exceed 10 pages.
2. All bills are to be accompanied by the Constitution article authorizing said bill.
3. No content in the bill that does not pertain to the title of the bill.
4. All bills must be written in layman's terms and posted online for seven days prior to introduction on the floor.
5. All bills requiring expenditures must disclose total cost.
Including the following:
a) How the bill will be funded?
b) Who the beneficiaries are?
c) Who will pay and the sunset date.?
Congress does not need experienced politicians.
Congress needs people that have suffered the hardships created by these experience politicians.
I'm all for it-- but you'd lose all those special interest pork-barrel richman's purchasing of congress...

... we can't have THAT, now can we?

<heh>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

JoanofArk wrote:
So, moving along with THAT in mind-
Did I mention the improper use of personal pronouns when addressing subject matter, rather than leveling yourself down to the level of DUHM--(as in mere accostings, or IE: personal attacks against others?)
Just checking.:-)
This. And then?
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon Sir?
Are you in the throws of a seizure of the idioTic type? Or just ConFuzed-and projecting thine own internal malfunctions out onto others?
Do you two-step stomp dance while balancing egg on your face while spewing these inane rants at the same time?
Do you have trouble blowing fuses often? Some physics updates might just help ya duduh. lol.
Another fuze blown in the old Irony Meter.

You are **such** a hypocrite...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Do that include the ten second rule? Is that with or with LED screen lighting?
Those things are NOT (not not) immune to multitudes of viri either ya know. Flippin' physics altering plagues that that they can be .
WTF?

Google the YouTube for George Carlin on the 10 commandments.

It is one of his most-watched vids.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
And another fuze blown in the Iron Meter...
UdiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 70,013 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
dID U KNOW THE corrupted ChristIAns Fundies are mASS MURDERER killed more THAN cOMMIES/ATHIEST . eVIL THAT U HAVE CLUE about history.
UdiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

hey BobofQ long time , rarely see you posting, great seeing u. don't if find you postings again

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Derwood the botonist and bird watcher, was NO where near the first original explorer of evolution.
That would be unjust accolades.
Might make for some good spray painting canvas though.
If you cannot understand / accept the fact of evolution, you should not be in this forum.

You should be in the Liar's forum.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure I blinked my eyes a million times...and few thousand more since then.
If you're referncing the OT, I've always stated, it's is not on my top favorite lists of reading materials to "pour over"- and what people write here, is certainly nothing I'd sit and mope over either, as I personally do Not believe in good people being tormented, at all.
Quite the contrary, as that actually sounds like it would be very uninspiring, and definitely NOT anything my style.
As far as double standards, I see them everywhere, every day. Probably because in my opinion, we certainly don't live in any sort of "perfect" world.
The ten commandments are in the old testament.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing.
what a total failure to understand the point.

I invite you to show me the evidence. I make no presupposition, I know there is no evidence NOW - you may, however, have found some. AFter 5000 years of failing miserably to produce anything intelligent - basic inductive logic leads me to conclude you still have none.

See what I did there? I used logic. Try it.

My position of nothing.. oops, another laughable failure.
If there are no inputs, there can be no outputs.
THIS is known as logic too - what I'm not doing is making a blind assertion - you are.

What I am not doing is being illogical - you are.

hey guy, if you don't want to be logical, fine, the conversation is over, but your ignorance and outright stupidity in highschool level logic hasn't merited you with anything other than highschool level bleating.

get yourself some substance, for the love of your fabricated god - is it really too much to ask?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

^ you skipped the questions bigot. There is no evidence that meets your criteria. Im finally getting through. Go sell your nobclaim elsewhere or spin your wheels trying to prove there is no evidence. You have as much logic as evidence.

Prime mover>?????
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing more. I also believe the Obama administrations talking points on Benghazi, IRS, and Fox/AP, drones, spying on law abiding citizens, jobs,,,,,
You're dismissed offhandedly because I've been here four years and you don't have one example of evidence in this arena you hold others accountable to. Show me it.
This is a collection of bigots with zero intellectual honesty. It's why you can't answer my questions relevantly.
God doesn't meet your criteria. Nothing else does either. Yet you attack God with specificity.
I contend the evidences and reasons for a prime mover trump any other possibility. I am willing to debate that. What's your accountable position?
If you don't have one and can't show the methodology where a prime mover is somehow less likely than others you are just loons. It's obvious that's the case.
Your turn to repeat nothing.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.9

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min number four 224,018
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 1 hr Liam R 12
Of Interest InTheNews 1 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Patrick 181
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr Patrick 21,376
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 7 hr Buck Crick 356
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr Thinking 831
•••
•••