Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#73361 Jun 29, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to understand. I look at their actions, not their titles. He acted as an atheist, not a priest (and I'm not even Catholic).
Atheism is a lack of belief in god.

Please underline the part where it says we have to abuse kids or harm people?

Try and be just a little honest for once in your life.

He was a priest - he was one of yours. Accept him and forgive him according to your cult?

Location hidden

#73362 Jun 29, 2013
Cleary your cults forgiveness does not apply and you simply paint your christian priest as atheist to hide the failings of your cult.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#73363 Jun 29, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
The bible says it, and you want to teach the bible, thus by proxy you choose to teach children it's okay to stone children.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73364 Jun 29, 2013
Brilliant point. Do you think that fuckwit has actually read the bible, though?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching them that stoning their children is okay is a bad thing, yet, that's precisely what you want to teach them.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73365 Jun 29, 2013
Pickfords.
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*24
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#73366 Jun 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Brilliant point. Do you think that fuckwit has actually read the bible, though?
<quoted text>
I know they have not, that is what makes heir assertions on the matter so dishonest.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73367 Jun 29, 2013
Maybe they got crayon all over their copy.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I know they have not, that is what makes heir assertions on the matter so dishonest.
Imhotep

United States

#73368 Jun 29, 2013
~~~~\\\|||
~~~~(@@)
~~oOo--O--oOo
SUPREME COURT FREES AMERICANS FROM BURDEN OF VOTING

(The Borowitz Report)— By a five-to-four vote, the Supreme Court today acted, in the words of Justice Antonin Scalia,“to relieve millions of Americans from the onerous burden of having to vote.”

Writing for the majority, Justice Scalia stated,“Since 1965, citizens across the nation have lived under the tyranny of being forced to elect people to represent them. This is an important step to free them from that unfair and heinous obligation.”

Justice Scalia added that the Voting Rights Act had “thrust upon the shoulders of millions of Americans the terrible and unwanted burden of exercising their rights in a democracy.”

“Many of them have been forced to drive to polling places, wait in line, and then cast their vote because of the oppressive requirements of this Act,” he wrote.“It is our honor and duty to free them from those hardships.”

In conclusion, Justice Scalia wrote,“Our message today to the American people is simple: we are voting so you won’t have to.”

BONUS PSA
yawn Zzzz

@john 'makes the presupposition' his feeble mind works or anyone cares!

@john 'Absolutely. Right back at ya'
Indicates a total detachment from rational thought.
Devoid of reason, commonsense, facts, logic and truth.

@john 'Atheism is simply disbelief'
This is the ONLY "truth" he's posted.

@john 'I contend the preponderance of evidence'
Translated = I never research anything because I know everything. Ask me and my Narcissistic persona will tell you!

Irony meter explodes again...

@john 'Another day of ineptitude'
Once again @John speaks the truth about his daily ineptitude.

@john 'You skipped'
Once again @John speaks the truth. All of his posts are skipped.

@john psychobabble to begin soon !
see below ;)
|
I
V
Imhotep

United States

#73369 Jun 29, 2013
~~~~\\\|||
~~~~(@@)
~~oOo--O--oOo
SCALIA ARRESTED TRYING TO BURN DOWN SUPREME COURT

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a shocking end to an illustrious legal career, police arrested Justice Antonin Scalia today as he attempted to set the Supreme Court building ablaze.

Justice Scalia, who had seemed calm and composed during the announcement of two major rulings this morning, was spotted by police minutes later outside the building, carrying a book of matches and a gallon of kerosene.

After police nabbed Justice Scalia and placed him in handcuffs, the Juror appeared “at peace and resigned to his fate,” a police spokesman said.

“He went quietly,” the spokesman said.“He just muttered something like,‘I don’t want to live in a world like this.’”

Back at the Supreme Court, Justice Scalia’s colleagues said they hoped he would get the help he needed, except for Justice Clarence Thomas, who said nothing.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#73370 Jun 29, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been reported for destroying government property . Get out your wallet, you stupid ass atheist.
According to Title 18, Chapter 17 of the U.S. Code, which sets out crimes related to coins and currency, anyone who “alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens” coins can face fines or prison time. The same goes for debasing – that is, decreasing the proportion of precious metals – in gold or silver coins struck or coined at an American mint.
Similarly, anyone who “mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued,” can be fined or imprisoned as well.
Would you like the phone number of the person I reported you to?
Go ahead, it is unconstitutional for it to be there, I would love to see that case go to the supreme court..

no-one has ever refused my cash....

i have also noted other bills with the same and using a different sharpie color than I do...it seems to be a movement.
John

United States

#73371 Jun 29, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*25
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#73372 Jun 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Maybe they got crayon all over their copy.
<quoted text>
Or Sharpies, the adult crayon.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#73373 Jun 29, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your $20 has "In God we Trust" on it. I'll take it.
How about "God on our side"?

Ohhh...those are Nazi belt buckles.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#73374 Jun 29, 2013
Yes. I have both received money with god scratched out.. and I do it myself.

And I scribbpe it out as happily as I would if it said "in Allah we serve" or "the white race is the right race". Because of shouldnt be there.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73375 Jun 29, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
Yes. I have both received money with god scratched out.. and I do it myself.
And I scribbpe it out as happily as I would if it said "in Allah we serve" or "the white race is the right race". Because of shouldnt be there.
I'm too lazy, but I applaud your humble efforts.

:D

I have spotted the occasional quarter that had been machined to remove the silly curse. I was always amused.

Changing a dollar bill or even a $20 is easy enough.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#73376 Jun 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm too lazy, but I applaud your humble efforts.
:D
I have spotted the occasional quarter that had been machined to remove the silly curse. I was always amused.
Changing a dollar bill or even a $20 is easy enough.
Oh I only do it on paper.
John

United States

#73377 Jun 29, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 28

Location hidden

#73378 Jun 29, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 28
If god is supposed to be smart, why didn't he give his followers any evidence to convince the atheists with?
John

United States

#73379 Jun 29, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 29
John

United States

#73380 Jun 29, 2013
??!!

I missed #28.

Blah blah blah, blah blah. Bo blah boblah, blah blah. Blah blahhh, blsah, blah blah blah herkefurdle, blah?.... Ble blah blah ble?
Blah bo boom blah! Blah blah blah blah, blah. 28

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min IB DaMann 57,982
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 min Tom Brady 1,822
News Uyboco: An atheist who believes In God (Aug '16) 17 min Hedonist Heretic 9
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 22 min Hedonist Heretic 1,929
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 24 min Hedonist Heretic 136
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr waaasssuuup 258,484
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr Eagle 12 5,958
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Eagle 12 27,254
More from around the web