Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
John

Kansas City, MO

#72930 Jun 12, 2013
Nonclaim forums anonymous 1-800-4nuts.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#72931 Jun 12, 2013
John wrote:
Do you whackos have hoods and secret handshakes?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
I'm not stumped!
:D

what's with the lie jonny?
pssst. your god is watching ..

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#72932 Jun 12, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
still not one teensy shred of evidence for you prime mover? why not, runaway johnny?

run away, johnny...

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#72933 Jun 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, where is the evidence that your god exists?
Up her ass, alongside with her brain. She is constipated right now so she can't shyt it out.

#72934 Jun 12, 2013
John wrote:
Atheism is simply disbelief.
For once you are right about something.

#72935 Jun 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why can't you show this evidence, runaway johnny? how many years now and you still won't show it?
why?
Another constipated person. He has all; the evidence stuck up his azz.
John

Kansas City, MO

#72936 Jun 13, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not stumped!
what's with the lie jonny?
pssst. your god is watching ..
Yes, yes you are. I notice ALL the nothings skipped the questions. In fact, I'll leave if you can produce one shred of evidence in this arena that meets the standards you hood others accountable to. I've only asked since 2009. Of course dozens of you have insisted this has been done, but never get around to providing it.

I've exposed your evidentiary standard and you (the nothing) want to be the arbiter of evidence. Sure.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#72937 Jun 13, 2013
John wrote:
No those 'wackos'are known as the pope et. al. and he has a funny hat all of his minions wear robes or cloaks. The nuns have hoods like the KKK.

God left specific instructions for every religion on the planet on what to wear and how to build their houses of worship to him. He likes to design special apparel.

I 'believe' you are clinically insane.
The evidence is in every post.
You are a complete narcissist.

Did you put tape on the mirrors in your trailer so you don't accidentally walk through into another dimension?
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#72938 Jun 13, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped the accountable position of belief (origin). Don't skip steps.
You skipped showing how you would quantify various evidences. Try the ones I listed.
You skipped answering whether you have any evidence in this arena you require of others.
I don't answer you because your just a bigot without anything substantive. I don't debate nothing. I will compare the reasons and evidences for a prime mover vs ????. Save your long winded nothing and just get back to fighting the God you don't believe in Stumpee.
Your forum. Your nothing. Self appointed intellectuals ducking questions or debate since 2009. March away puppets!
You need to sell your 'boys life' magazine collection.

You can keep your 'watchtower' and catechism.
JoanofArk

Manchester, KY

#72939 Jun 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution pretty much means your BuyBull is ... bull.
I'm so glad you agree.
That is progress.
<quoted text>
There is never any help from invisible Sky Fairies. There just isn't-- your god simply cannot be bothered, it appears...
<quoted text>
Then, perhaps you should stop with the illogical nonsense?
I agree with you on the "buybull" junk.

Especially when all the "buybull" type stuff is in reality- unaffordaBULL--even more especially for MANY many many in America- on limited incomes!!!

Stoopid, ignorant people....believe any ol' commercial they see on telebision (oh looky-there's Gawrd wit dolluhs flying off he back!!!)

But, you know how people can be.

On a more logical and rational note now (thank you), I don't perceive the Bible as being any sort of manual with explicit, scientific details on "how we evolved" per say-- on this Earth, cannot imagine even remotely considering it as such. I don't think that's what it's intention was ever for either, or it would have shown to have been written quite differently, in even just the first page of. Non?

I tend to view it MUCH more for what it is, a book of antiquity, that tells of some of the perceptions, cultures, beliefs and possible quips and quotes, as recorded by some in civilizations existing centuries and centuries ago.

So, moving along with THAT in mind-
Did I mention the improper use of personal pronouns when addressing subject matter, rather than leveling yourself down to the level of DUHM--(as in mere accostings, or IE: personal attacks against others?)

Just checking.:-)
are you stupid or joking

Coffeyville, KS

#72940 Jun 13, 2013
Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>It is harming me when you christian fanatics try to shove your beliefs down other people's throats by constantly trying to put the 10 "commandment" in schools and government buildings. If that is allowed to happen I think the atheists should be allowed to put a statue of Darwin and the theory of evolution facts next to it.
I'm not trying to "shove" my beliefs down anyone's throat, but for some reason atheist tend to still argue that point, even when it is proven otherwise. Who is trying to shove a belief down someone's throat here? I have had atheist try to "convince" me that what I believe is wrong, fiction, etc etc etc. and yet I have told at least one and I will tell you....I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU BELIEVE....but I do care if you keep shoving it down my throat which appears to be what is happening. Atheist behaving the way they hate it when Christian's behave....I on the other hand don't like it when either of you behave that way because I think you should allow someone to believe what makes them feel content, happy, safe, whatever as long as it doesn't hurt you. There is a huge difference in being "hurt" and just being annoyed or offended. Only children should still be childish enough to stomp their feet and throw a fit when they feel the later two. And yet we have adults running around the country wanting religious symbols removed from their very sight because it "offends" them.
If you want a statue of Darwin go for it, it threatens me and my beliefs NONE, it would not annoy me nor offend me, and certainly not hurt me in any way. I happen to believe in what I believe what I believe strong enough to not be threatened by a statue or any other monument you might choose. If you want you could even get together with the Wicca's and dance around in outfits with incense burning and chanting spells.....hell I might just pay for a ticket and take the family for a day out to watch it, the fact is if you believe what you believe strong enough and know in your heart you are right for your own life then what the hell do you care what others do or have to their beliefs? It is just stuff, it's not belief or anything else, it's just crap people put up to show how strongly they feel about their beliefs and usually all it means is they want to even if in a little way try to make you believe what they do. I don't need to make you believe what I do, I am only going to answer for my life, not yours, so I don't really care what you believe....my only question here is WHY DO YOU CARE what others believe, why do you feel threatened by the very sight of anything that displays their beliefs, why must you have a tit for tat with someone over a monument for something you don't even think is real.
I just don't see why both sides of the issue, the Christian and the Atheist can't just leave others alone in their beliefs. Why do you have to go around trying to convert everyone and try to get everyone to live like you do and believe like you do? IF, and only IF what you believe is not hurting other people then what difference does it make? And the funny part is that both Christian's and Atheist act exactly the same especially on Topix always trying to make the other feel wrong and make a point about how their belief is the only one there is and only one that should be. You both act the same then piss and moan because the other acts like you. The world would be better off without any religion and make no mistake, Atheism IS a religion!
JoanofArk

Manchester, KY

#72941 Jun 13, 2013
<quoted text>
And another fuze blown, in the irony meter--
-- you, who literally WORSHIP a comic-book character (god/jewsus/bible)
-- you, who literally DENIES physics.
It's a good thing I keep a large stock of them (fuzes)
Pardon Sir?

Are you in the throws of a seizure of the idioTic type? Or just ConFuzed-and projecting thine own internal malfunctions out onto others?

Do you two-step stomp dance while balancing egg on your face while spewing these inane rants at the same time?

Do you have trouble blowing fuses often? Some physics updates might just help ya duduh. lol.
JoanofArk

Manchester, KY

#72942 Jun 13, 2013
Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>It is harming me when you christian fanatics try to shove your beliefs down other people's throats by constantly trying to put the 10 "commandment" in schools and government buildings. If that is allowed to happen I think the atheists should be allowed to put a statue of Darwin and the theory of evolution facts next to it.
Derwood the botonist and bird watcher, was NO where near the first original explorer of evolution.

That would be unjust accolades.

Might make for some good spray painting canvas though.
JoanofArk

Manchester, KY

#72943 Jun 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Or better still?
The video of George Carlin, where he rips into the 10, and shows them for what they are 8 out of 10 are bullshit ...
... the rest? Easily covered by:
"Do try to be nice to one another"
and
"Be honorable and loyal to the provider of thy nookie"
Do that include the ten second rule? Is that with or with LED screen lighting?

Those things are NOT (not not) immune to multitudes of viri either ya know. Flippin' physics altering plagues that that they can be .
JoanofArk

Manchester, KY

#72944 Jun 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, where is the evidence that your god exists?
Go look in a mirror-and ask yourself that same old repetitive, non-productive question, because I'm not the one requesting any-YOU are.
JoanofArk

Manchester, KY

#72945 Jun 13, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
it's rational to fail to read half the book that details the fabric of your religion, then complain when someone points out the nastiness of the parts you missed?
heh - there's lots of words for that - "rational" is certainly not one of them.
I personally found the post to show some concerted effort in at least having the decency of respecting others---rather than viciously attacking them --for what ever anyone might (or might not) beleive.

That in and of itself--- equates out to some actual Rationality and decency, rather than just projecting hate and spew upon others.
AtheistcanoPrune s

Manchester, KY

#72947 Jun 13, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Up her ass, alongside with her brain. She is constipated right now so she can't shyt it out.
If you have your face stuck THAT close-I think you need something that offers a little more uh..actual progressiveness, that requires some actual thought, to focus on.

YOu really do not want to be sent shopping for prune juice, do you?

(ah didn't think so)
AtheistcanoPrune s

Manchester, KY

#72948 Jun 13, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Another constipated person. He has all; the evidence stuck up his azz.
and pickup some lye soup to scrub that green film of algea off your skin while you're at it.
JoanofArk

Manchester, KY

#72949 Jun 13, 2013
believes in Common Sense.

When applied and maintained daily, it usually fares far better for people.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#72950 Jun 13, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes you are. I notice ALL the nothings skipped the questions. In fact, I'll leave if you can produce one shred of evidence in this arena that meets the standards you hood others accountable to.
poor jonny..
Jonny - take your time. slow down, sound out the big words.
you are making a claim - you are required to provide evidence.
Now, jonny, you know what evidence is. We have told you. We have used small words, and typed slowly for you. Your inability to understand the very, very basic requirements, usually met by anyone else trying who thinks they're making an intelligent claim is that you produce something falsifiable.
This is not hard jonny. not in the slightest.
I've been telling christians this since about 1990, and still - nothing. not a single one of you has anything other than wounded petulant words - typically you fall back on "duur, its jus' faif" or some other articulate permutation.
I've exposed your evidentiary standard and you (the nothing) want to be the arbiter of evidence. Sure.
Yeah, imagine that. We require you to be intelligent about what you say. fancy! I see why you balk.:D
Stump a theist!, Ask them to intelligently validate their claim!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 51 min serfs up 2,617
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 233,133
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 1 hr thetruth 10
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 1 hr thetruth 21
Evidence for God! 1 hr thetruth 371
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr thetruth 1,456
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr thetruth 23,261
More from around the web