Atheists on the march in America

There are 70657 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#72668 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why we have a Constitution...even if the political hacks and quacks that be, have been using it as toilet paper the past couple of years.
Has anyone ever enlightened you about the misuse of personal pronouns when addressing issues in general, as in; using them in ways to personally attack others, rather than better addressing issues as just issues in general?
Just wondering....
yes, we have a constitution to keep your cult from bleeding into public life.

keep your cult in your tax subsidized church where it belongs...BTW, why does your faith need to be subsidized at all?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#72669 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why we have a Constitution...even if the political hacks and quacks that be, have been using it as toilet paper the past couple of years.
Has anyone ever enlightened you about the misuse of personal pronouns when addressing issues in general, as in; using them in ways to personally attack others, rather than better addressing issues as just issues in general?
Just wondering....
Are there any theists that DONT lie about god being real?
JoanofArk

Lily, KY

#72670 Jun 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic persecution of all NON-CHRISTIANS IN ATTENDANCE.
And you praise this display of persecution and bigotry.
As I noted earlier?
You are just another hate-cultist.
I have no idea about the people in attendance of the graduation ceremony. The video just showed the young mans speech of humbleness.

So, all that persecutive type glue your trying to ooze over onto others, really is baseless.

I will mention though, I have heard similar accolade speeches, partially presented in foreign languages...and figured...not their problem for my not understanding what was being said. Sure didn't see any justification to hate a kid with bilingual abilities for it though, not at all.
JoanofArk

Lily, KY

#72671 Jun 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Sure, sure-- politics always plays a role in these too-- the teachers pass on their favorites, and are hard on anyone who isn't a club member.
<quoted text>
But they DID-- all NON-CHRISTIANS in attendance were persecuted by his breaking of the LAW.
But you hate-cultists DESPISE the law, don't you?
You think your evil bible is somehow .. above all that, right?
Right.
No wonder you are called "hate cult" by outsiders...
I think it takes a little more effort by individual students, than just relying on teachers that just "pass" on their favorites to achieve merit worthy honors like that.

The kid didn't break any "law".

He exercised his Constitutional right to "free speech".

And "my" Bible wasn't at the graduation either, so the rest of that nonsense, is just that.

Do ya always post around hating on innocent kids like that, Bob of grouchy no faith? Do ya need a nice candy bar, or a thorn pulled out of your paw or something? Gaw.
JoanofArk

Lily, KY

#72672 Jun 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course!
Anything that feeds into your culture of hate...
Really? Do you accept lists of irrational demands too?:-)

Location hidden

#72673 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it takes a little more effort by individual students, than just relying on teachers that just "pass" on their favorites to achieve merit worthy honors like that.
And "my" Bible wasn't at the graduation either, so the rest of that nonsense, is just that.
Do ya always post around hating on innocent kids like that, Bob of grouchy no faith? Do ya need a nice candy bar, or a thorn pulled out of your paw or something? Gaw.
There nothing free about reading words written by a random person who existed before somebody slapped god up the face and he introduced women's and civil rights to humanity...

Oh wait that wasn't god...it was oppressed minorities....the real gods of society...
JoanofArk

Lily, KY

#72674 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you've learned that lying about god being real is immoral, let us know.
Until then, you're just a simple ignorant liar with no proof of god.
Sorry-not into judging the non-civil law breaking actions of others, demanding they perceive the universe exactly as I do, or playing the hypocrite game of spewing hate and childish name calling when they don't.

I find that type of stuff to be of the ignorant.

Location hidden

#72675 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be equally ok if he read a passage from scientology?

Location hidden

#72676 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry-not into judging the non-civil law breaking actions of others,
Your religion calls all atheists fools. So you can stop with the lies please.
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
demanding they perceive the universe exactly as I do, or playing the hypocrite game of spewing hate and childish name calling when they don't.
Yet here you are, trying to defend a god that you have no evidence for and continue to lie about being real.

Location hidden

#72677 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry-not into judging the non-civil law breaking actions of others, demanding they perceive the universe exactly as I do, or playing the hypocrite game of spewing hate and childish name calling when they don't.
when you have enough morals to stop lying about god, and being dishonest, your cult will look a little more appealing.
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#72678 Jun 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>same god if he was a jew or muslim, so why would Lincoln care? they are his cult brethren.
That's what they all say... same one.
What a "steaming pile" of dogma.

They seem to favor killing one another rather than joining forces under this 'same' god.

Then again, all of their clergy and wizards and such would have to agree on something!

They cannot even agree among their own respective dogmas!

Christian = Catholic and Non- Catholics
Jew = Hasidic and some that keep kosher homes, others do not.
Muslims = Sunni vs Shite
JoanofArk

Lily, KY

#72679 Jun 7, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
PICKENS COUNTY, SC (WYFF)- A school district under pressure to keep prayer out of meetings and gatherings got an unexpected delivery from one high school valedictorian.
Saturday, at Clemson's Littlejohn Coliseum, Liberty High Valedictorian Roy Costner IV took his speech to the podium, and in front of the crowd, tore it up.
MOREAdditional Links
John Eby, Pickens County School District spokesman, said, "They write their speeches. They send them to someone on staff to have them approved."
But Costner clearly had something else in mind.
After speaking for a few minutes, he thanked his parents for leading him to the Lord at a young age, and then he said, "I think most of you will understand when I say,'Our Father, who art in heavenů" as he began to recite the Lord's Prayer.
Much of the crowd broke into tentative applause that then grew into cheers that nearly drown out Costner's voice as he continued the Lord Prayer
And REAL free thinkers and NON-haters any where, wouldn't have such major issues, with a kid, having enough sense to encompass acknowledging ALL the blessings bestowed along the way, in his achievement of valedictorian, bless his heart.
JoanofArk

Lily, KY

#72680 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
when you have enough morals to stop lying about god, and being dishonest, your cult will look a little more appealing.
Not everyone can handle Physics. That's just life.
JoanofArk

Lily, KY

#72681 Jun 7, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they all say... same one.
What a "steaming pile" of dogma.
They seem to favor killing one another rather than joining forces under this 'same' god.
Then again, all of their clergy and wizards and such would have to agree on something!
They cannot even agree among their own respective dogmas!
Christian = Catholic and Non- Catholics
Jew = Hasidic and some that keep kosher homes, others do not.
Muslims = Sunni vs Shite
Kinda of like partisan poli-tics...actually-no kind of to it-same damn type of stuff, just in differently packaged, little narrow boxed categories.

Location hidden

#72682 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
And REAL free thinkers and NON-haters any where, wouldn't have such major issues, with a kid, having enough sense to encompass acknowledging ALL the blessings bestowed along the way, in his achievement of valedictorian, bless his heart.
So is that a yes to the scientology passage being read out?
JoanofArk

Lily, KY

#72683 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be equally ok if he read a passage from scientology?
Why not? Only people that would bother would be literary and US Constitutional haters in a commie-gestapo freak cult regime.
JoanofArk

Lily, KY

#72684 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If god is all powerful, why can't he make me a theist?
Because that's not how it, or reality works, that's why.

Location hidden

#72685 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone can handle Physics. That's just life.
Yes, you hallucinated god seems to evade physics on a regular basis.

Location hidden

#72686 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? Only people that would bother would be literary and US Constitutional haters in a commie-gestapo freak cult regime.
So people opposed to cults are commies? Now ive heard everything...
JoanofArk

Lily, KY

#72687 Jun 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, we have a constitution to keep your cult from bleeding into public life.
keep your cult in your tax subsidized church where it belongs...BTW, why does your faith need to be subsidized at all?
MY faith absolutely can't be bought...and never has been on the tables for such, such tawdriness.

My faith is based on Much more than vain and shallow materialism.
Always has been.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min I Am No One_ 239,135
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 1 hr Thinking 31
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr MikeF 19,040
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Thinking 2,179
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr Thinking 7,396
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 12 hr NoahLovesU 7,468
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 12 hr thetruth 115
More from around the web