Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

JoanofArk

Brodhead, KY

#72691 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There nothing free about reading words written by a random person who existed before somebody slapped god up the face and he introduced women's and civil rights to humanity...
Oh wait that wasn't god...it was oppressed minorities....the real gods of society...
I don't think ANY one has a right to slap,(or knowingly abuse) others myself-male or female, oppressed minorities, God believer or not.

Unless it's in self defense of similar bad actions.
JoanofArk

Brodhead, KY

#72692 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion calls all atheists fools. So you can stop with the lies please.
<quoted text>
Yet here you are, trying to defend a god that you have no evidence for and continue to lie about being real.
I think you are a bit distorted...as I claim no specific dogma. But I have no problem sitting among those that harmlessly might.

And there's PLENTY of scientific evidence on particle Physics.
JoanofArk

Brodhead, KY

#72693 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
So is that a yes to the scientology passage being read out?
Personally, I enjoy learning about the MANY different perspectives that people hold in this world.

Except for hate. I Don't have much tolerance for that type of negative ugliness.
JoanofArk

Brodhead, KY

#72694 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you hallucinated god seems to evade physics on a regular basis.
Do you always assume that you have any inkling of what others believe, or don't believe in?

Why would any rational person even do so?
JoanofArk

Brodhead, KY

#72695 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
So people opposed to cults are commies? Now ive heard everything...
I doubt that. There's always someone with some new load of bs to sling around in the world.
JoanofArk

Brodhead, KY

#72697 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Its clear you are another person that suffers from the mental illness of faith and doesn't want help.
Not sure how you think you can convert atheists, but have a go.
Usually you just make more people doubt you
"Atheisism" in general doesn't bother me.
Hatefulness, inhumanity and ignorance in people does.
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#72698 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda of like partisan poli-tics...actually-no kind of to it-same damn type of stuff, just in differently packaged, little narrow boxed categories.
POLITICS? barf!

The USA is a Oligarchy.

The best example is in congress at this moment on gun legislation.
The people overwhelmingly favor new gun laws.

These 'puppets' are supposed to represent the people that ELECTED them in their state.

Do they? NO!

They vote the line of their masters that paid for their election ads etc. and now 'own a piece' of them.

Is voting relevant anymore?
Did your vote ever really count?
Do think it still does?

FYI

Definition of oligarchy

A small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution: the ruling oligarchy of military men around the president

A country governed by an oligarchy: the English aristocratic oligarchy of the 19th century

Government by oligarchy.

John

United States

#72699 Jun 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If god is all powerful, why can't he make me a theist?
Are you presupposing the God you don't believe in can't? Perhaps you are questioning the intelligence of a being who gave you yours. You don't believe though. What do you believe origin wise? Don't skip steps. I get to laugh every day at a forum whose existence depends on something they don't believe in. Priceless.

Would you like to compare my something to your nothing? If I can make you loons dance like puppets I think God could do quite a bit more. You don't believe though LOL. Your bigoted obsession is bizzare. Would you like free will or not? Hypothetically of course.

Once again folks no evidence or accountable position from the most intolerant amongst us. Welcome to Stumpville!

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#72700 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
MY faith absolutely can't be bought...and never has been on the tables for such, such tawdriness.
My faith is based on Much more than vain and shallow materialism.
Always has been.
Your blind faith is vain and shallow.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#72701 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any atheists that don't lie about not being able to prove the NON-existance of possible higher elements?
Our argument does not require us to prove anything. We are subjecting your faith to the same test that your bible says that the priests of Baal had to go through before they were killed.
Lincoln

United States

#72702 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheisism" in general doesn't bother me.
Hatefulness, inhumanity and ignorance in people does.
The Louisiana State Legislature has given its final approval to a bill that affirms the right of students to hold prayer meetings in the state's public schools. On June 1 the state Senate voted unanimously in favor of House Bill 724, which was previously approved by the state Assembly. Introduced in the Senate by Democrat Katrina Jackson, the bill confirms that students of any faith background can receive permission from school officials to use classrooms, assembly halls, or other available space for prayer or reflection. Additionally, noted the Shreveport Times,“a teacher or school administrator, parent or someone from the community may be invited to participate or supervise.”

Another of the bill's sponsors, Democratic Senator Sharon Broome, conceded that students can already do what the bill specifies, but she said that many are not aware of their rights, or have been intimidated into silence by secular groups attempting stop religious expression. Broome told the Times that she believes more prayer in schools is needed “with all the challenges young people face today.” Republican Senator Mike Walsworth, another of the bill's supporters, said that when students become aware of the law,“I think more will gather together at a more peaceful time, holding hands.”

While the bill does not change the present climate for religious expression in Louisiana's public schools, the atheist group Americans United for Separation of Church and State (AU) nonetheless took the opportunity to criticize the state legislature for publicly affirming the right of students to pray.“Let’s get something straight,” simpered the AU atheists in a statement.“Truly voluntary student prayer has always been legal in public schools. Neither the Constitution, nor the Supreme Court has ever said otherwise. But this divisive bill goes far beyond that fact and pushes school districts into problematic territor

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#72703 Jun 7, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
The Louisiana State Legislature has given its final approval to a bill that affirms the right of students to hold prayer meetings in the state's public schools. On June 1 the state Senate voted unanimously in favor of House Bill 724, which was previously approved by the state Assembly. Introduced in the Senate by Democrat Katrina Jackson, the bill confirms that students of any faith background can receive permission from school officials to use classrooms, assembly halls, or other available space for prayer or reflection. Additionally, noted the Shreveport Times,“a teacher or school administrator, parent or someone from the community may be invited to participate or supervise.”
Another of the bill's sponsors, Democratic Senator Sharon Broome, conceded that students can already do what the bill specifies, but she said that many are not aware of their rights, or have been intimidated into silence by secular groups attempting stop religious expression. Broome told the Times that she believes more prayer in schools is needed “with all the challenges young people face today.” Republican Senator Mike Walsworth, another of the bill's supporters, said that when students become aware of the law,“I think more will gather together at a more peaceful time, holding hands.”
While the bill does not change the present climate for religious expression in Louisiana's public schools, the atheist group Americans United for Separation of Church and State (AU) nonetheless took the opportunity to criticize the state legislature for publicly affirming the right of students to pray.“Let’s get something straight,” simpered the AU atheists in a statement.“Truly voluntary student prayer has always been legal in public schools. Neither the Constitution, nor the Supreme Court has ever said otherwise. But this divisive bill goes far beyond that fact and pushes school districts into problematic territor
why would that prayer to nothing help those students in todays challenging world? theists have trouble with logic, it seems...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#72704 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any atheists that don't lie about not being able to prove the NON-existance of possible higher elements?
yes, there are. I stated that very clearly many times on these pages.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#72705 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's not how it, or reality works, that's why.
That doesn't explain why at all - are you really this ignorant?

Does mere wordplay satisfy your intellectual curiosity so easily?

If you want to be honest you need to admit at their you+ your god cannot make me a theist and so your god is not all powerful and your lying about it.

Location hidden

#72706 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe in Physics?
Is there some reason you feel a need to personally attack people that do?
The fact that you hallucinate a god is not an attack - it's a fact.

The whole world can seem against you when you choose to lie about god being real.

Location hidden

#72707 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists did not hallucinate and lie about god to their fellow humans and so have to prove nothing.

atheism is a lack of belief and makes no claims. Everything can be verified by evidence and honesty.

Location hidden

#72708 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think ANY one has a right to slap,(or knowingly abuse) others myself-male or female, oppressed minorities, God believer or not.
Unless it's in self defense of similar bad actions.
For all your godly morals, it took Gil 1970 before human beings decided that women's and civil rights were important.

The bible talks about keeping slaves and beating women so I'm glad we moved on from your godly ways.

Location hidden

#72709 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are a bit distorted...as I claim no specific dogma. But I have no problem sitting among those that harmlessly might.
And there's PLENTY of scientific evidence on particle Physics.
You have no evidence of god and continue to lie about it - it is you who is distorted. fact.

Scientific evidence is based on evidence - there's no evidence for god. This is another fact that ignorant theists cant understand.

Location hidden

#72710 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I enjoy learning about the MANY different perspectives that people hold in this world.
Except for hate. I Don't have much tolerance for that type of negative ugliness.
Your bible hates gays and atheists so please save us your lies - your religion is by its very nature judgemental and flawed.

You can't dress up your cult anymore that people have tried and failed to in the past.

Location hidden

#72711 Jun 7, 2013
JoanofArk wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always assume that you have any inkling of what others believe, or don't believe in?
Why would any rational person even do so?
Your opinions matter after you've proven the god your lying about.

You can try to change e subject, but I will keep reminding you that you have no proof of god and are lying each time you claim it is real.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min Into The Night 16,570
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min Chimney1 40,893
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 54 min ChristineM 256,140
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr ChristineM 284
News Atheism Destroyed with One Scientific Question 1 hr Richardfs 19
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr thetruth 133
A Universe from Nothing? 3 hr thetruth 107
More from around the web