Atheists on the march in America

There are 20 comments on the Aug 26, 2009, TurkishPress.com story titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#72538 Jun 3, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 69,615 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#72539 Jun 3, 2013
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*4
there is not one single shred of evidence for any prime mover at all.

why can't you even give one single bit of this evidence you say you have?

every god invented by man has been proven false.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#72541 Jun 3, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Since atheism explains nothing and Theism explains pretty much everything then Theism wins by default.
This is why we can never have a serious debate. How can theism explain everything, when theists have totally different stories, explanations, morals, and deities?

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#72542 Jun 3, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Did some ask KK to show off her stupidity?
Wow. Nice job KK.[/QUOTE]
Those questions are valid ones. If anyone is showing off their stupidity, it is you.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#72543 Jun 3, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
So do you believe we are gods for doing these things?
Oh my we built a computer we must be gods.

[/QUOTE]
That is not the point a-hole!
Imhotep

Loudon, TN

#72545 Jun 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you sure he's off the streets? he seems like one of those "the end is nigh" sandwich board people....
he could be posting from his smart phone between being slushied by passing motorists.
Frankly I think he's a juvenile playing with his parents computer.

He doesn't have one original thought.
In fact, thinking is not one of his skills.

@john nothing more than the resident buffoon.
Worthy of humor and sarcasm

I'd rather talk about him... than to him...
much more fun. There isn't one single thing of value in any of his 80 million spams.

Unless you like to read the ravings of mental patients...

PSA

Imhotep's oracles , as usual, are correct. ;)

In less than three hours you will have the pleasure of skipping through another half dozen of @johns useless spam..
John

United States

#72546 Jun 3, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was and am simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitimate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You weren't saying?23
John

United States

#72547 Jun 3, 2013
Hate that God, fight, fight, stomp, yell, avoid,. Advance the nothing. Evidence be damned.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72548 Jun 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you accuse Santa of rape?
No.

But I bet YOU fantasize about raping Santa-- and repeatedly.

It's what you do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72549 Jun 3, 2013
John wrote:
Hate that God, fight, fight, stomp, yell, avoid,. Advance the nothing. Evidence be damned.
Yes-- that describes YOU EXACTLY!

Good one!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72550 Jun 3, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Stump a John: ask him for "evidence" of his "prime mover"....

... John will call you names.

... John will call you "coward".

... John will whine, John will rant & rave...

... but what John will NEVER-EVER do?

Is show you an ARGUMENT. Let alone... any FACTS.

Lying is what John does.
John

United States

#72551 Jun 3, 2013
^ John will simply point out you don't have one iota of evidence in this arena that meets your exposed standard. Now, rather than quibble I challenged your forum of nothing to submit any accountable position you want to debate vs a prime mover. The hilarity of your nothing continues.

Your simple unimpressive bigots without the intellectual chops to engage.

Obama still has zero net job gains since taking office according to the bureau of labor statistics. Dogmatists hate facts that don't fit their narrative.

Atheism. Simple disbelief. Repeated over and over and over.
John

United States

#72552 Jun 3, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*4

Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72553 Jun 3, 2013
John wrote:
^ John will s///

Lying is what John does.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72554 Jun 3, 2013
John wrote:
I contend the

Lying is what John does.
Lincoln

United States

#72555 Jun 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Malarky
Lincoln

United States

#72556 Jun 3, 2013
<quoted text>
No.
But I bet YOU fantasize about raping Santa-- and repeatedly.
It's what you do.
M o r o n i c

Loudon, TN

#72557 Jun 3, 2013
PSA

Ten steps

How to become a @john True Christian™

1. Confess to all your friends, associates and church leaders that you love Jesus and intend to become His slave and that you will devote your life to Him. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not, just saying it will put you in a Christian mode.

2. Join a church, get baptized and attribute your conversion to the priest or minister. Gaze reverently into his eyes as he pontificates about the nature of God. Sighing every once and a while, or wiping a tear will guarantee their devotion. If you join a revival church, fall to the floor, shake your body, put up both hands and yell: JAYsus-ah!

3. Every Sunday, make sure you put a large sum of MONEY into the church's MONEY basket. Make sure that everyone in the congregation sees you giving MONEY.

4. When talking with your priest and religious friends, occasionally confuse something that they said with something that Jesus said. This will impress them and they will think more highly of you.

5. Read the Bible, but ignore the atrocities and concentrate only on what seems "good" to you. For instance, discard the parts where God kills firstborns, pregnant women, etc., and only keep verses such as "God is love." Its like taking a sugar coated bitter pill, but it will appear good and that's what counts here.

6. Learn a few basic Hebrew words and whenever you're in a religious discussion, mention them in the context of their original meaning and comparing them to the English version. This will impress others of your Biblical knowledge, even if you don't know squat about theology.

7. Rely on faith and believe in the Bible superstitions, regardless of how silly they may seem. Yes, even the talking donkey, unicorns, and the strolling on water part. Even if you don't believe in them, just pretend that you do; no one will be able to tell the difference.

8. Abandon all reason and critical thinking. This is imperative. You cannot become a good Christian if you question the Bible with reason or skepticism.

9. Smile a lot to everyone you see. Say you love them even when you hate their guts. You must pretend, at all costs, to love your worst enemies even if it kills them in the end.

10 The most important of all: Give your possessions away (charity). The Bible says give all you have to anyone who asks (Luke 6:30).

May I suggest that for practice, give me all your money. I'm officially asking that you to please give me ALL your MONEY. Warning: If you do not do this, you are disobeying a direct Jesus request.

However, if you do obey this command, it will guarantee you a Christian position and you will garner my greatest esteem and respect for you.

If you follow the above examples (especially step 10), you will become an authentic .@john True Christian™.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#72559 Jun 4, 2013
John who?

:)
<quoted text>
Lying is what John does.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#72561 Jun 4, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Malarky
What's the matter forget to change screen name lame brain?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Denisova 18,697
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 2 hr prophecydotorg 7,408
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 4 hr FREEBIRD 9,332
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr ChristineM 238,168
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr ChristineM 2,062
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 6 hr Thinking 6,105
News Confessions of a black atheist 6 hr Thinking 410
More from around the web