Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Imhotep

Murfreesboro, TN

#72567 Jun 4, 2013
PSA

Imhotep's sages have suggested 10 additional Motivational steps for NRP fans. < Sarcasm>

How to become a @john True Christian™

11. Attempt to convert your unbelieving friends. Make an ass out of yourself to the point of getting them angry. Make sure you always keep smiling and tell them how much you love them. This will escalate their anger and leave you fully satisfied. If they persist, claim that they are in league with the Devil and only faith in Jesus can release them (make sure you keep smiling).

12. If anyone presents reasonable arguments against Christianity, simply go into denial. Say that their tempting only makes your faith grow stronger. Never submit to them.

13. If your antagonists quote a verse from the Bible that contradicts your position, simply say that they're taking that verse out of context. The out-of-context ploy will get you out of many difficult situations and will make it seem that you actually understand the correct context when in fact you don't. Pray!
Make sure you pray, not just in church, but in public parks, schools, libraries, and when visiting friends and relatives. Praying out loud is a sure way to convince others of your Christianity.

14. Advertise your Christianity. Examples: wear religious symbols such as a cross; always have a Bible handy; put fish symbols on your car; put a baby Jesus on the front lawn; put a plastic Jesus in your car. Cross yourself a lot.

15. Wear conservative clothes. For the best effect: Men should wear white shirts and dark pants. Suits should be baby blue. Women should wear long dresses and veils.

16. Get married and raise a family. The bigger the better. If you cannot conceive, adopt. Profess family values. If you cheat on your spouse, never make it known to them. Never get a divorce, regardless of how miserable you both feel.

17. When making love to your spouse, make it known that it's for Christ (and I don't mean yelling out Jesus' name). Think of Jesus when you come. After sex, instead of a smoking a cigarette, discuss the works of the virgin Jesus.

18. If any power threatens your Christianity, make sure your political stance aims to destroy that threat (always through love, of course.) If the threat comes from a foreign country, support the military to crush the enemy (always through love, of course). If the threat comes from within your country, support legislation to change the constitution so that your Christian position will prevail.

19. If you're fortunate to achieve political power, use your religious beliefs to direct your actions. It doesn't matter how many enemies you slaughter or what freedoms are lost, as long as your justification is based on the Bible, you will become a Christian of history.

20 The most important of all: Give your possessions away (charity). The Bible says give all you have to anyone who asks (Luke 6:30).

May I suggest that for practice, give me all your money. I'm officially asking that you to please give me ALL your MONEY. Warning: If you do not do this, you are disobeying a direct Jesus request.

However, if you do obey this command, it will guarantee you a Christian position and you will garner my greatest esteem and respect for you.

If you follow the above examples (especially step 20), you will become an authentic @john True Christian™.

@John's psychobabble will begin soon - prepare to auto ignore and check.

Warning this link for the irreligious only!

PS: NRP You would never understand it.
And I wouldn't want our resident 'lab rat' confused anymore than necessary.

http://www.jesusandmo.net/
John

United States

#72568 Jun 4, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was and am simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitimate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You weren't saying?24
KJV

United States

#72569 Jun 4, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Did some ask KK to show off her stupidity?
Wow. Nice job KK. "

Those questions are valid ones. If anyone is showing off their stupidity, it is you.
Oh I see, we'll how am I doing?

LMAO
KJV

United States

#72570 Jun 4, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
So do you believe we are gods for doing these things?
Oh my we built a computer we must be gods.

"

That is not the point a-hole!
Go on... Don't stop now explain your claim.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#72571 Jun 4, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why we can never have a serious debate. How can theism explain everything, when theists have totally different stories, explanations, morals, and deities?
How can there be a serious debate when folks like you ignore the fact your atheism explains nothing and is infantile in that it makes a lot of noise at one end and has no responsibility at the other?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72572 Jun 4, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> How can there be a serious debate when folks like you ignore the fact your atheism explains nothing and is infantile in that it makes a lot of noise at one end and has no responsibility at the other?
Pure projection, still waiting for you to demonstrate one thing that your religious tests have helped us with.

How about taking us to Mars? Is there a method in your texts on how to do that?
John

United States

#72573 Jun 4, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*5
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72574 Jun 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
John who?
:)
<quoted text>
John of the Stump-Spam Posts.

The one who claims "prime mover" but never--EVER puts even so much as an argument in support of it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72575 Jun 4, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> How can there be a serious debate when folks like you ignore the fact your atheism explains nothing and is infantile
Correct: atheism is simply asking for PROOF of your monster/terrorist-god.

And yes-- infants are atheists-- they are born without your ugly faith-- that has to be hammered into their soft heads, until the brain-damage is severe (as in your case).

SCIENCE on the other hand? EXPLAINS A LOT.

In contrast to your FAITH-- which is simply lies and made up shit.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72576 Jun 4, 2013
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover ...
Do you have... ONE (1) argument in support of this insanity of yours?

No?

We thought not-- you lose, by default.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#72577 Jun 5, 2013
Straw man.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> How can there be a serious debate when folks like you ignore the fact your atheism explains nothing and is infantile in that it makes a lot of noise at one end and has no responsibility at the other?
John

United States

#72578 Jun 5, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 69,650 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Thinking

Poole, UK

#72579 Jun 5, 2013
John certainly posts a lot of straw man sh!t.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
John of the Stump-Spam Posts.
The one who claims "prime mover" but never--EVER puts even so much as an argument in support of it.
Imhotep

Murfreesboro, TN

#72580 Jun 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
John who?
Imhotep

Murfreesboro, TN

#72581 Jun 5, 2013
~~~\\\\|||
~~(@@)
~oOo--O--oOo
ISSA DEMANDS HEARINGS INTO WHY NO ONE LISTENS TO HIM

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa (R-California) today called for hearings to investigate why no one has paid any attention to him in the weeks of hearings he has called for thus far.

“There is mounting evidence that no one listens to me, not even one little bit,” he told reporters on Capitol Hill.“The goal of these hearings is to find out why.”

He said that he first became aware that people might not be listening to him when he read a recent poll indicating that Americans’ primary concerns are jobs and the economy.

“Anyone in his right mind would know that this nation’s No. 1 problem right now is Benghazi talking points,” he said.

The California congressman said that he also intended “to investigate the chain of events that have led to people changing the channel the moment they see my face.”

“There is a consensus out there that I am an odious, self-serving tool who uses congressional hearings to advance my own petty political agenda,” he said.“I think it’s important to know who created that impression.”

Finally, Mr. Issa said, he hoped that the new hearings would “determine, once and for all, to what extent my moral authority has been undermined by allegations that I have been involved in car theft and arson.”

“The question is, what do the American people know about me and when did they know it?” he said.
Imhotep

Murfreesboro, TN

#72582 Jun 5, 2013
PSA

My scribes advise me to avoid posts beginning with these words... ;)

I
You
Absolutely

As usual my oracles are correct!

NRP's daily Obsessive Psychobabble to begin soon.

See below. ;)

Zzzz
John

United States

#72583 Jun 5, 2013
Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing more. I also believe the Obama administrations talking points on Benghazi, IRS, and Fox/AP.
You're dismissed offhandedly because I've been here four years and you don't have one example of evidence in this arena you hold others accountable to. Show me it.
This is a collection of bigots with zero intellectual honesty. It's why you can't answer my questions relevantly.
God doesn't meet your criteria. Nothing else does either. Yet you attack God with specificity.
I contend the evidences and reasons for a prime mover trump any other possibility. I am willing to debate that. What's your accountable position?
If you don't have one and can't show the methodology where a prime mover is somehow less likely than others you are just loons. It's obvious that's the case.
Your turn to repeat nothing.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.4

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72584 Jun 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#72585 Jun 5, 2013
Deserved!

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
John who?
John

United States

#72586 Jun 5, 2013
You skipped the questions in this bizarre fight for nothing you have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why I quit atheism 4 min Eagle 12 703
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 min Eagle 12 18,512
A Universe from Nothing? 22 min u196533dm 510
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 46 min scientia potentia... 43,188
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr emperorjohn 200
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 2 hr emperorjohn 750
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Ronnie Pickering 256,552
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 10 hr Thinking 5,688
More from around the web