Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,979

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#72122 May 20, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
~~~\\\\|||
~~(@@)
~oOo--O--oOo
OBAMA DENIES ROLE IN GOVERNMENT
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—President Obama used his weekly radio address on Saturday to reassure the American people that he has “played no role whatsoever” in the U.S. government over the past four years.
“Right now, many of you are angry at the government, and no one is angrier than I am,” he said.“Quite frankly, I am glad that I have had no involvement in such an organization.”
The President’s outrage only increased, he said, when he “recently became aware of a part of that government called the Department of Justice.”
“The more I learn about the activities of these individuals, the more certain I am that I would not want to be associated with them,” he said.“They sound like bad news.”
Mr. Obama closed his address by indicating that beginning next week he would enforce what he called a “zero tolerance policy on governing.”
“If I find that any members of my Administration have had any intimate knowledge of, or involvement in, the workings of the United States government, they will be dealt with accordingly,” he said.
ZeroBama wants more shield laws to stop him from doing shit to people.

Sara Palin can see Michelle Obama's ass from her front porch.
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#72123 May 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Will Topix still be around in 20 years when John sobers up?
<quoted text>
John who?
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#72124 May 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah Palin is certifiable

SANFORD’S COMEBACK GIVES HOPE TO LIARS

CHARLESTON, S.C.(The Borowitz Report)—Former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford’s stunning upset in a special congressional election on Tuesday served as an inspiration to liars across the state and beyond, prominent members of the lying community said tonight.

“In America, liars are always made to feel bad about ourselves, as if what we’re doing is wrong,” said Harland Dorrinson, fifty-seven, a liar from suburban Charleston.“Mark Sanford’s victory tonight is a victory for the lying lifestyle.”

Carol Foyler, thirty-six, a liar from Myrtle Beach, echoed those sentiments:“For the millions of dishonest children across America, tonight Mark Sanford has given them hope that someday, they can be somebody.”

At his victory rally in Charleston, the former governor acknowledged the liars in the audience and said that his victory sent an important message:“Every lie, no matter how big or small, has value.”

“As your Governor, I abused your trust. And as God is my witness, as your congressman, I will abuse it again,” he said, to thunderous applause.

Mr. Sanford, who had been behind in the polls in the waning weeks of the race, owed much of his last-minute surge to the support of the lying community, exit polls showed.

According to those exit polls, Mr. Sanford held a three-to-one lead among voters who described themselves as liars, cheaters, or sleazebags.

Furthermore, the polls showed, those same voters felt that Mr. Sanford’s opponent, Elizabeth Colbert Busch, did not have the lying experience necessary to serve in Congress.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#72125 May 21, 2013
Good point.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
John who?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#72126 May 21, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
More worthless creationist opinion.

Location hidden

#72127 May 21, 2013
John wrote:
Will science find the gene that compels you to fight for your nothing year after year after year?
Will lying theist pricks like you ever finally shut the f*ck up and run back to your own forums?
John

United States

#72128 May 21, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 69,240 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Location hidden

#72129 May 21, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 69,240 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
When you finally grow up and learn to realise that you have no proof of god and are liars, come to us and we will teach you "higher morality"

Starting with honesty.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72131 May 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you finally grow up and learn to realise that you have no proof of god and are liars, come to us and we will teach you "higher morality"
Starting with honesty.
Who are you quoting?
John

United States

#72132 May 21, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was and am simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitimate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You weren't saying?14

Location hidden

#72133 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you quoting?
myself ;)

Its true, if you ask an atheist, they are honest to the point of knowing something even if it makes them unhappy!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72134 May 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
myself ;)
Its true, if you ask an atheist, they are honest to the point of knowing something even if it makes them unhappy!
True, but I think you did not understand my point. the person you are attempting to have a conversation with does not exist, it's just some random spambot. ;)
John

United States

#72135 May 21, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.;8

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#72136 May 21, 2013
John, are you confused about your own intentions? Or are you just missing my posts as you copy and paste?
John

United States

#72137 May 21, 2013
I think you are missing my questions. If you aren't an antitheist you are of no concern to me. Did you want to tell me atheism is simply disbelief again? I've heard that a few times since 2009.

I don't debate nothing so save yourself some time. If you want to challenge it bring an accountable position of your own. I'm done with fishing expeditions. This is your forum.

Prime mover vs ??. I'll save the specificity when your forum either steps up or shows some intellectual honesty.

Go back. Read the posts again. Answer the questions. I'm guessing you'll go with option B, no evidence or accountable position. Nothing that meets the criteria for evidence you hold others accountable to.

Atheism is simply disbelief. Good. End forum.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#72138 May 21, 2013
Bollocks.

You're the one ruling out possibilities.

I only discount proven impossibilities.
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was and am simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitimate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You weren't saying?14
John

United States

#72139 May 21, 2013
I notice your words amounted to nothing. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#72140 May 21, 2013
Only because you're a clueless cult.
John wrote:
I notice your words amounted to nothing.
John

United States

#72141 May 21, 2013
Dance for me puppet boy. The forum about nothing! Repulsing true freethinkers since 2009.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#72142 May 21, 2013
So you accept you're a clueless cult.
Maybe there is hope for you.
People need kidneys.
John wrote:
Dance for me puppet boy. The forum about nothing! Repulsing true freethinkers since 2009.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Joe fortuna 235,541
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 33 min Eagle 12 4,716
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Thinking 6,030
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Mugwump 16,523
The Consequences of Atheism 3 hr polymath257 686
Is Religion Childish? 4 hr Thinking 125
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response 11 hr QUITTNER Feb 26 2015 2
More from around the web