Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: May 13

Trenton, NJ

#72399 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to prove, your god is a monster that lacks any decency, which, since your god is really just your own ego, means you are a monster.
aww kitty, i was kinda hoping we would be friendly since you seem so cool. but, i understand if thats how you feel, seeing as that we dont know eachother. but thank you for being real with your answer.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#72400 May 30, 2013
YAY, I HAVE 200 POSTS!
felt like shouting...

Trenton, NJ

#72401 May 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>since your god has already been proven to be a myth this is a hypothetical question, but how do claim this god to be moral since he condones slavery?
(the answer is that your god was made up by humans, that is why he has so many human traits, like being a vindictive, jealous little prick
you claim that he has been proven to be a myth, which has yet to be seen. but i would like to know what kind of slavery your talking about? what slavery did God condone? and what are the traits of the slavery you say God condones? as a second point, if you claim tht God is immoral, id like to know what the moral framework is by which you judge God. does your moral framework allow you to judge the bible without borrowing from my world view?

at least answer me this before i answer you, what kind of slavery does God condone, and what are the traits of that slavery? second, do you thing having a contracted butler is wrong?

Trenton, NJ

#72402 May 30, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not evidence of God. We want evidence. Footprints, photographs, DNA, fossils, or even something we can notice with our senses. We are not interested in the delusional fantasies of criminals in prison.
lol! i never claimed that that was evidence. it was pointing out a weakpoint in bobs red herring. but more to the point, you want physical evidence of God. im assuming that you believe that only the things you can sense with your five senses or can be tested in a lab exist. am i correct?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72403 May 30, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
aww kitty, i was kinda hoping we would be friendly since you seem so cool. but, i understand if thats how you feel, seeing as that we dont know eachother. but thank you for being real with your answer.
I am cool, nothing ever upsets me into fits of rage, I remain cool all the time. However I am also brutally honest.
John

United States

#72404 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am cool, nothing ever upsets me into fits of rage, I remain cool all the time. However I am also brutally honest.
Do you have any evidence in this arena that meets the standards you hold others accountable to?

How do you determine which of the following is most or least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing. Show your work.

Is your belly button an innie or an outie?

Looking forward to your brutal honesty. No equivocations.
John

United States

#72405 May 30, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 69,490 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Trenton, NJ

#72406 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
i truly respect that. trust me,idont mind lol. we need more people like that in the world

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#72408 May 31, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! i never claimed that that was evidence. it was pointing out a weakpoint in bobs red herring. but more to the point, you want physical evidence of God. im assuming that you believe that only the things you can sense with your five senses or can be tested in a lab exist. am i correct?
If you believe god is possible, and real, you need to prove it. Talking about 5 sense is garbage and you know it.

Which of your five senses lets you detect microwaves? This is what happens when stupid and arrogant idiots try to "think" their way into religion. They end up making up lies one after another to explain away the garbage/
Thinking

Darlington, UK

#72409 May 31, 2013
Your "news" is old and tired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_of_thei...
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey
Talk to Dawkins and
out popped an agnostic!:-)
Agnostics may outnumber atheists and may be less strident?
Peace!
http://www.examiner.com/article/richard-dawki...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#72410 May 31, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
you claim that he has been proven to be a myth, which has yet to be seen. but i would like to know what kind of slavery your talking about? what slavery did God condone? and what are the traits of the slavery you say God condones? as a second point, if you claim tht God is immoral, id like to know what the moral framework is by which you judge God. does your moral framework allow you to judge the bible without borrowing from my world view?
at least answer me this before i answer you, what kind of slavery does God condone, and what are the traits of that slavery? second, do you thing having a contracted butler is wrong?
the kind of slavery where you own another human being. clear and undeniable in the bible...
no, your own bible proves that the god the humans that wrote it is a myth. even the savior later is a myth as every single aspect of his life is stolen from previous religious cults.
all you have to do is read your cult's bible and it shows how immoral the god they created is. slavery,killing people that don't believe in him just because they don't believe.... a god that would abondon his children just because they don't pray to him correctly or enough? that god would be in jail in the real world... and you worship that crap? what a cult member you are!

St. Croix valley

#72411 May 31, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey
Talk to Dawkins and
out popped an agnostic!:-)
Agnostics may outnumber atheists and may be less strident?
Peace!
http://www.examiner.com/article/richard-dawki...
i already proved you wrong on that track..why do you have to keep repeating what you know to be lies?

you're slipping , lincoln...time to get a new schtick...o, that's right your cult is all you have...

St. Croix valley

#72412 May 31, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
how else would you know they exist? is there anything that does exist for sure that doesn't fit that criteria?
John

United States

#72413 May 31, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 69,499 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Lincoln

United States

#72414 May 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i already proved you wrong on that track..why do you have to keep repeating what you know to be lies?
you're slipping , lincoln...time to get a new schtick...o, that's right your cult is all you have...
No attack
Dawkins said he is an agnostic.
To you agnostic is a cult?
You are now calling Dawkins names?
are you in denial?
Peace

St. Croix valley

#72415 May 31, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
No attack
Dawkins said he is an agnostic.
To you agnostic is a cult?
You are now calling Dawkins names?
are you in denial?
Peace
no, your proven wrong beliefs are the cult. who gives a crap what Dawkins said? you seem to believe he is a leader of some group. you seem to believe many false things for absolutely no reason...why is that?
Imhotep

United States

#72416 May 31, 2013
~~~\\\\|||
~~(@@)
~oOo--O--oOo
OBAMA UNDER FIRE FOR USING FREE GOVERNMENT HOUSING

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In the latest scandal to rock the Obama administration, a leading Republican congressman accused the President today of using his position to obtain free government housing for himself and his family.

According to Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin), Mr. Obama “has arrogantly exploited the office of President to gain access to a fifty-five-thousand-square-foo t residence that could double as a museum.”

“While the average American is struggling to pay his bills, President Obama is living in a luxury home, adorned with priceless paintings and antiques as far as the eye can see,” Rep. Ryan alleged.

Additionally, the Wisconsin congressman said, the President has availed himself of “sumptuous free meals—breakfast, lunch, and dinner—all on the taxpayer’s nickel.”

“Day after day, he selfishly sucks on Uncle Sam’s teat,” he said.

In keeping with Mr. Obama’s bloated lifestyle as “Superstar-in-Chief,” the congressman added,“The President travels with an entourage of highly trained bodyguards who would put Jay-Z’s posse to shame.”

Drawing a line in the sand, the Republican warned Mr. Obama to cut back on his lavish living arrangements “or face possible impeachment.”“Across America, people are tightening their belts,” Rep. Ryan said.“The President should not be living like a head of state.”

Trenton, NJ

#72417 May 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe god is possible, and real, you need to prove it. Talking about 5 sense is garbage and you know it.
Which of your five senses lets you detect microwaves? This is what happens when stupid and arrogant idiots try to "think" their way into religion. They end up making up lies one after another to explain away the garbage/
ok sceps, lets do this. do you even know what point i wass trying to get at? because my you comment about microwaves it seems like you missed it.
Lincoln

United States

#72418 May 31, 2013
Can You vote in Canadian elections?
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, your proven wrong beliefs are the cult. who gives a crap what Dawkins said? you seem to believe he is a leader of some group. you seem to believe many false things for absolutely no reason...why is that?
Lincoln

United States

#72420 May 31, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
ok sceps, lets do this. do you even know what point i wass trying to get at? because my you comment about microwaves it seems like you missed it.
Post in French- his native language!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 11 min Eagle 12 22,122
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 22 min Eagle 12 200
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 56 min Dogen 51,669
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr u196533dm 5,797
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Joe Momma 24,686
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 12 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,654
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 15 hr Eagle 12 11,407
More from around the web