Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,979

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72019 May 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you angry at? Obama or the atheists that keep showing you up in this forum?
People who lie about god and continue to lie after evidence has been presented, are suffering from a mental illness of faith and need to see a doctor for their disease.
He's afraid of Thor, I'd bet.

<laughing my azz off>
Lincoln

United States

#72020 May 11, 2013
Malcolm Boyd brought Christianity into the streets to promote civil rights
Episcopal priest Malcolm Boyd has taken the message of Christianity outside the walls of church to champion minority rights and show that God is everywhere.
it would be natural to assume that, at almost 90 years old, the Rev. Malcolm Boyd has run out of steam. Yet here he is, still running. Running to fire up demonstrators demanding economic and social justice. Running to put together his latest column for national distribution. Running to deliver a major sermon at a packed church near downtown Los Angeles.
Running to inspire.
An Episcopal priest, writer, and activist, Mr. Boyd is also running these days as the subject of a full-length documentary film, due out later this year, by the award-winning filmmaker Andrew Thomas.
"He's a whirling dervish of activity," says Mr. Thomas, who met him several years ago while producing and filming a live performance at The Jazz Bakery in Culver City, Calif., featuring Boyd reading from his bestselling book of prayers "Are You Running With Me, Jesus?," which was published in 1965.
Boyd is often called on to serve as a "living symbol of righteous social struggle," providing "gravitas" to progressive causes, Thomas says.
Today, Boyd admits to being "not as sprightly" as he used to be as he briskly climbs the stairs to his "writer-in-residence " office at the Cathedral Center of St. Paul, the headquarters of the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles. "It has not been an ordinary life," he says, adding that he looks forward to his 90th birthday on June 8 with a sense of satisfaction. "I've been very fortunate with the way things have worked out."

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#72021 May 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Malcolm Boyd brought Christianity into the streets to promote civil rights
Episcopal priest Malcolm Boyd has taken the message of Christianity outside the walls of church to champion minority rights and show that God is everywhere.
it would be natural to assume that, at almost 90 years old, the Rev. Malcolm Boyd has run out of steam. Yet here he is, still running. Running to fire up demonstrators demanding economic and social justice. Running to put together his latest column for national distribution. Running to deliver a major sermon at a packed church near downtown Los Angeles.
Running to inspire.
An Episcopal priest, writer, and activist, Mr. Boyd is also running these days as the subject of a full-length documentary film, due out later this year, by the award-winning filmmaker Andrew Thomas.
"He's a whirling dervish of activity," says Mr. Thomas, who met him several years ago while producing and filming a live performance at The Jazz Bakery in Culver City, Calif., featuring Boyd reading from his bestselling book of prayers "Are You Running With Me, Jesus?," which was published in 1965.
Boyd is often called on to serve as a "living symbol of righteous social struggle," providing "gravitas" to progressive causes, Thomas says.
Today, Boyd admits to being "not as sprightly" as he used to be as he briskly climbs the stairs to his "writer-in-residence " office at the Cathedral Center of St. Paul, the headquarters of the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles. "It has not been an ordinary life," he says, adding that he looks forward to his 90th birthday on June 8 with a sense of satisfaction. "I've been very fortunate with the way things have worked out."
Not sure why you are spamming this foru, with your religious nonsense.

When you become brave enough to stop lying aboug god and prove it instead, we are all ears.

Until then, your trollish ways are an admission of your lies about god.
John

North Branch, MN

#72022 May 11, 2013
Oh please all you loons have is a God/religion you don't believe in. Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing at all.
John

North Branch, MN

#72023 May 11, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was and am simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitimate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You weren't saying?9

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72024 May 11, 2013
John wrote:
Oh please all you loons have is a God/religion you don't believe in. Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing at all.
I'm liking Thor.

I mean-- if you are going to have a god? Why not pick one you can RESPECT!

Thor! Now THERE is a god you can RESPECT, he carries a hammer, he slings lightning, he wears chainmail.

Unlike your pansy-ass dead-jew-on-a-stick, who was such a wimp, he let plain old Romans drag his candy-ass to a torture-death.

And that was the end of that sad, sorry story too.

But Thor! There's a god you can RESPECT.
John

North Branch, MN

#72025 May 11, 2013
There was this crazy guy who kept posting gibberish directed at something he didn't believe in....LOL.

Good night stumppuppet.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72026 May 11, 2013
John wrote:
There was this crazy guy who kept posting gibberish directed at something he didn't believe in....LOL.
Good night stumppuppet.
I'm liking Thor.

I mean-- if you are going to have a god? Why not pick one you can RESPECT!

Thor! Now THERE is a god you can RESPECT, he carries a hammer, he slings lightning, he wears chainmail.

Unlike your pansy-ass dead-jew-on-a-stick, who was such a wimp, he let plain old Romans drag his candy-ass to a torture-death.

And that was the end of that sad, sorry story too.

But Thor! There's a god you can RESPECT.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#72027 May 12, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually?
Under Obama? Economy is up. Jobs are UP. Deficit is DOWN. Wall-Street has hit an all-time HIGH.
I don't know where you get your ... "figures" but they are not based on reality.
They are based on Faux news. The same place he gets his info on the fake Benghazi conspiracy.
Imhotep

Riverview, FL

#72028 May 12, 2013
~~~\\\\|||
~~(@@)
~oOo--O--oOo
FOX: NEW EVIDENCE HILLARY KILLED LINCOLN

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In what may be the most serious allegation ever made against the former Secretary of State, Fox News Channel reported today that Hillary Clinton was involved in the conspiracy to murder President Abraham Lincoln.

The latest charge against Mrs. Clinton was reported by Fox host Sean Hannity, who said that the evidence of her role in the Lincoln assassination came mainly in the form of e-mails.

According to Mr. Hannity,“If it’s true that Hillary Clinton killed Lincoln, this could have a major impact on her chances in 2016.”

The accusation against Mrs. Clinton drew a strong response from Sen. Lindsey Graham (R.—S. Carolina):“There’s been a concerted effort by Hillary Clinton to cover up her role in President Lincoln’s murder. She has said nothing about it. This is bigger than Watergate, the Cuban missile crisis, and the Second World War put together.”

Responding to the allegation, Mrs. Clinton issued a terse statement indicating that she could not have participated in Lincoln’s assassination because she was born in 1947.

“That’s what she wants us to believe,” Sen. Graham said.
Lincoln

United States

#72029 May 12, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
~~~\\\\|||
~~(@@)
~oOo--O--oOo
FOX: NEW EVIDENCE HILLARY KILLED LINCOLN
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In what may be the most serious allegation ever made against the former Secretary of State, Fox News Channel reported today that Hillary Clinton was involved in the conspiracy to murder President Abraham Lincoln.
The latest charge against Mrs. Clinton was reported by Fox host Sean Hannity, who said that the evidence of her role in the Lincoln assassination came mainly in the form of e-mails.
According to Mr. Hannity,“If it’s true that Hillary Clinton killed Lincoln, this could have a major impact on her chances in 2016.”
The accusation against Mrs. Clinton drew a strong response from Sen. Lindsey Graham (R.—S. Carolina):“There’s been a concerted effort by Hillary Clinton to cover up her role in President Lincoln’s murder. She has said nothing about it. This is bigger than Watergate, the Cuban missile crisis, and the Second World War put together.”
Responding to the allegation, Mrs. Clinton issued a terse statement indicating that she could not have participated in Lincoln’s assassination because she was born in 1947.
“That’s what she wants us to believe,” Sen. Graham said.
Previous indication in Mrs Clinton participation in the death of Julius Ceasar

"et tu Hillary" .... last twitter by Ceasar
John

North Branch, MN

#72030 May 12, 2013
I wonder if the liar slept as he left those under his charge to die. Not you Bob. Your God and liar Obama.
John

North Branch, MN

#72031 May 12, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 69,150 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Location hidden

#72032 May 12, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 69,150 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
There you go again, lying about a god you have no proof of.

Lucky we stopped you before you went ahead and built another church...

Too cowardly to even prove the reason for making the building and wasting human resources on it.

Location hidden

#72033 May 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Previous indication in Mrs Clinton participation in the death of Julius Ceasar
"et tu Hillary" .... last twitter by Ceasar
Defeated theist with no proof of god.

Location hidden

#72034 May 12, 2013
John wrote:
What's the matter creationist piece of sh*t? Can't freestyle?

have to copy and paste like a weasel each time?

Prove your god or f*ck off it's been that simple since the dawn of time itself.
Lincoln

United States

#72035 May 12, 2013
John wrote:
I wonder if the liar slept as he left those under his charge to die. Not you Bob. Your God and liar Obama.
caffein may be the problem, you and Skeptic may wish to switch to decaf?

Location hidden

#72036 May 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll.
John

North Branch, MN

#72037 May 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. I just don't like incompetent, statist, liars in charge of the United States of America. Maybe you could use a cup.
John

North Branch, MN

#72038 May 12, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.5

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 min positronium 4,917
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Pahu 1,671
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Aura Mytha 17,014
The Consequences of Atheism 2 hr Thinking 843
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr ChristineM 235,844
Religiosity 7 hr Thinking 3
Turkey blocks website of its first atheist asso... 20 hr thetruth 3
More from around the web