Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,659

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Read more
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#72206 May 24, 2013
Perhaps Topix should let John keep making an abject cu*t of himself?

John's backward posts are a great advertisement for non-belief.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You pose some excellent questions.
I would happily sign a petition to rid Topix of the John-Troll for good.
He's truly a hate-cultist; and I have no doubt, on many of the Federal Watch Lists too.
John

United States

#72207 May 24, 2013
You skipped the questions. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

March for your nothing!
Imhotep

Sweetwater, TN

#72208 May 24, 2013
~~~\\\\|||
~~(@@)
~oOo--O--oOo
SCALIA RESIGNS POST AS SCOUTMASTER

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who for the past forty-seven years has served as a weekend scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts of America, angrily resigned from that position yesterday, effective immediately.

Justice Scalia quit his post in a terse resignation letter that read, in part:

“Some of the happiest memories of my adult life have been as a scoutmaster. Huddling under blankets around the campfire, and so forth. But now, all of that has been ruined. Ruined.”

Shortly after sending the letter, Justice Scalia destroyed his scoutmaster uniform in the blazing fireplace of his Supreme Court office.

Later, he went across the hall to share his decision with his close confidant on the Court, Justice Clarence Thomas, telling him,“There’s nowhere I feel safe anymore, Clarence. The military? The N.B.A.? Nowhere. I guess the only place I still feel safe is the Supreme Court. This is still a safe place, isn’t it?”

Justice Thomas said nothing in reply.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72209 May 24, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry only God can make people.
Lie.

My parents had unprotected sex: approximately 9 months later? Me.

They **literally** made .. me.

We can only presume you were made from something scraped off of a rock or perhaps skimmed from pond scum...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72210 May 24, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
One word booby. "Mirror"
One of the best Original Star Trek episodes.

So?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72211 May 24, 2013
John wrote:
Zero net jobs under the Obozo administration according to the bureau of labor statistics. Guess the corrupt regime wasn't able to get their hooks in everyone.
Only a few rats left on this sinking ship.
Lie.

I've proven you are a liar time and time again... yet you persist?

Why?

Oh! You Live to Lie: it's what you Genuine Christholes™ do best.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72212 May 24, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Has anyone ever seen God John?"
Never read the Bible have you?
I've read it 100's of times.

How on EARTH do you think I became an atheist, from once being a Genuine Christian™?

I read the bible... the WHOLE bible... cover-to-cover...

... I highly recommend that-- it'll make an ATHEIST out of you.
Imhotep

Sweetwater, TN

#72213 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I've read it 100's of times.
How on EARTH do you think I became an atheist, from once being a Genuine Christian™?
I read the bible... the WHOLE bible... cover-to-cover...
... I highly recommend that-- it'll make an ATHEIST out of you.
Actually Bob, the irony meter 'goes boom' with KJ V.

It is obvious he or she has never read the Bible.
In fact I have yet to encounter a Theist poster in our forums that has read their Bible!

What say "know "is contained in a few carefully cherry picked versus provided by their clergy.

So great is the fear of hell fire they refuse to examine anything about the origin of the religion.

Since I never had religion, this is my observation.

And I might add...I have learned more about religious dementia by reading the content of these forums!

Some of these people are borderline!
One wonders what kind of life they actually have.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72214 May 24, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Bob, the irony meter 'goes boom' with KJ V.
It is obvious he or she has never read the Bible.
In fact I have yet to encounter a Theist poster in our forums that has read their Bible!
What say "know "is contained in a few carefully cherry picked versus provided by their clergy.
So great is the fear of hell fire they refuse to examine anything about the origin of the religion.
Since I never had religion, this is my observation.
And I might add...I have learned more about religious dementia by reading the content of these forums!
Some of these people are borderline!
One wonders what kind of life they actually have.
It's a life of roller-coaster emotional upheaval.

I know-- I used to live it.... meh.

It is enough to make them... crazy.

But you knew that already, right?

<heh>
Imhotep

Sweetwater, TN

#72215 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
It's a life of roller-coaster emotional upheaval.
I know-- I used to live it.... meh.
It is enough to make them... crazy.
But you knew that already, right?
<heh>
Well it was just an observation.
@john Continues to be ridiculous.
Why anyone's feeds his juvenile narcissistic personality is beyond me.

For me ... He is something to laugh about among other irreligious people but certainly not someone to respond to!

And I've noticed how much that it infuriates him.
He is truly the addict and we are the drug dealers!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72216 May 24, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it was just an observation.
@john Continues to be ridiculous.
Why anyone's feeds his juvenile narcissistic personality is beyond me.
For me ... He is something to laugh about among other irreligious people but certainly not someone to respond to!
And I've noticed how much that it infuriates him.
He is truly the addict and we are the drug dealers!
He is a slave to his own delusions and ego.

:)
John

United States

#72218 May 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Lie.
I've proven you are a liar time and time again... yet you persist?
Why?
Oh! You Live to Lie: it's what you Genuine Christholes™ do best.
No, Bob you have not proven me a liar. That's your liberal atheist way to marginalize. It's weak. Like your nothing. I have proven you a liar though twice. Zero net job gains since Obama took office according to the bureau of labor statistics.
Go investigate yourself Mr. Holder.
You skipped the questions by the way.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#72219 May 25, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Bob you have not proven me a liar. That's your liberal atheist way to marginalize. It's weak. Like your nothing. I have proven you a liar though twice. Zero net job gains since Obama took office according to the bureau of labor statistics.
Lying about god doesn't give us confidence in your supposed higher morals.
John

United States

#72220 May 25, 2013
It's comical this forum has continued since 2009 merely because I asked what you believed and don't debate nothing. Dozens of you are my puppets. Spending your days and nights waiting to submit yet one more irrelevant response. You certainly are a strange group. Not one I can't control though.

Even Nothingtep posts about not responding to me LOL. You have zero evidence. You have no courage to debate my something vs your nothing. This is a farce,
John

United States

#72221 May 25, 2013
Do you have any evidence that meets the evidentiary standard you hold others accountable to? Yes or no.
How does an atheist decide which is most or least likely? Always was, prime mover, something from nothing. Show your work. You have no problem making statements about probability that's ground in what?
Contrary to your assertation that atheism is simply disbelief I submit to you this forum LOL.
I'll repost something you may have missed.
Your loon friends are going to love Islam.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#72223 May 25, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct.

There are fewer Americans working than when Obamajab took office.

The cost?

He has borrowed at 2X the daily rate of Bush, who spent like a drunken sailor.
Lincoln

United States

#72224 May 25, 2013
If Richard Dawkins is an agnostic this seems news
no matter how many do not wish to hear this truth.

Known by many as the world's most famous atheist, Richard Dawkins - author of The God Delusion - explained during a public discussion at Oxford University, that

he does not think of himself as an atheist, but rather an agnostic. The Telegraph reported on Monday that Richard Dawkins - although regularly labeled as one - does not consider himself an atheist.

Amusing

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#72225 May 25, 2013
I'm not much of a copy and paste spammer... But you either miss or ignore the important parts of what I post... So I will repost some of my last few responses with some small edits:

How do I know if I agree or disagree with your position if I don't really know your position? I posted the definition for "prime mover" and Clarification is all i was asking for. You can mean different things. I may agree with you.

You are asking for a position from a group of people without a position. Individually we may believe different things. I may say prime mover... Another atheist might say something from nothing.... Another atheist might say always was..... They would all still be atheists. There is no atheist position.
I feel like you understand this but keep asking anyway... What are your intentions? This doesn't seem to make any sense. Do you understand that atheism in itself does not have and does not require a position?

You always mention that you "don't debate nothing" however you are debating nothing. That is why you aren't getting any answers you feel are sufficient. It's actually pretty interesting seeing someone ask for answers to a question he knows has no answer and then people answering a question they know is unanswerable. Myself included.

Also what is it that we are to understand by saying "this is your forum"?

It is not that we aren't answering your questions... You just don't like the answers or being shown the flaws in your questions.

"Atheism is simply disbelief. Good. End forum." Is this sarcasm? Sounds like you have your answer and we can move on. What are you trying to say?

I have an answer for you... more than what you are asking for. Not only our position on the beginning of the universe.....:
Here is what may be The Atheist Position for everything! "I don't know... But probably not a god."

Maybe I'm wrong... But if I am... It's only because "probably not a god" is too aggressive.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#72226 May 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if Topix has a way of removing John from this site entirely, as he is obviously only here to be an irritant? He seems not to have enough intelligence to discuss anything.
He has this anti-theist fixation, and a copy and paste addiction. Why would anyone, who is a non-believer, be an anti-theist? It would seem to me that to be anti theism, one would have to have a belief in a god which you are opposed to. Atheists do not have a belief in a god, so they could not possibly oppose a god.
My experience on this site, and in other places, that atheists, that do participate in discussions about a god, are opposed to the sometimes horrible behavior of allegedly good Christian believers, who appear to be going entirely against what their belief stands for. Some of that bad behavior affects everyone, so as fellow human beings we can object to such behavior, as being anti-society.
You can report his posts as abuse if he is breaking the rules. Being a stupid pew warming idiot does not seem to be against topix rules. This is why moderated sites that require you to join are the best bet as they weed out the trash. Unfortunately after being removed from these moderated groups, trolls have no place else to go to be irritating then sites like this one.

Clearly they are being guided by the holy spook.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#72227 May 25, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>... you have not proven me a liar..
That is the biggest lie of all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confessions of a black atheist 7 min Igor Trip 14
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min polymath257 236,860
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 34 min Thinking 6,416
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 36 min MikeF 17,973
News The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr Thinking 1,117
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 2 hr RiccardoFire 9,245
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 12 hr DebraE 14,498
More from around the web