Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#72153 May 22, 2013
Give me the observable and repeatable example that will explain origin. I have yet to say what I believe, purposefully until there is some sort of position antitheists want to defend. You believe in science, logic, ok you don't have a monopoly on that. I'm not being glib when I point out without a dragon to chase you are left with nothing. It's starting already and I guarrantee you the responses that attack God will continue and will not mask the deflection of the nothing. Stump an antitheist! Ask him what he believes.

The above is from August 2009. Since then? The same nothing. You loons are as transparent as the Obama administration claims to be.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#72154 May 22, 2013
And that's because you're a morally bankrupt dishonest sad cu*t.
John wrote:
...I have yet to say what I believe...
John

United States

#72155 May 22, 2013
Well you posted it, but left out the evidence. A true atheist. Thanks for nothing. Insert invective of choice here LOL.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#72157 May 22, 2013
Have you noticed how that moronic lying cu*t John doesn't even know how to use "reply" properly?

I don't think his incompetence will fill many pews.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie.
Proof:(nonpartisan)
" http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/04/17/job-c... ;
Why do you lie? Oh! Because you MUST LIE!
John

Springfield, MO

#72158 May 22, 2013
Thinking? Oh, the irony.

Get your nothing out of here!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#72159 May 22, 2013
First, this was my post a few pages back:
EmpAtheist wrote:
How do I know if I agree or disagree with your position if I don't really know your position? Clarification is all i was asking for. You said your position is prime mover. Maybe I agree.

You are the Christian in the forum asking for a position from a group of people without a position. I may say prime mover... Another atheist might say something from nothing.... Another atheist might say always was..... They would all still be atheists. There is no atheist position.

I feel like you understand this but keep asking anyway... What are your intentions? This doesn't seem to make any sense.
Ok that is just for reference...
John wrote:
I think you are missing my questions. If you aren't an antitheist you are of no concern to me.
I know you have repeatedly expressed I am not your target and I can understand why you may wonder why it seems it is not getting through my head. I want to point out that you are addressing all atheists in your posts. Atheism does not have a position.... Which you have also posted but you post with a seemingly sarcastic intent. Do you understand that atheism in itself does not have and does not require a position?
John wrote:
Did you want to tell me atheism is simply disbelief again? I've heard that a few times since 2009.
Yeah like that! Lol
John wrote:
I don't debate nothing so save yourself some time. If you want to challenge it bring an accountable position of your own. I'm done with fishing expeditions. This is your forum.
But you are debating nothing. That is why you aren't getting any answers you feel are sufficient. It's actually pretty interesting seeing someone ask for answers to a question he knows has no answer and then people answering a question they know is unanswerable. Myself included.

Also what is it that I am to understand by saying "this is your forum"?
John wrote:
Prime mover vs ??. I'll save the specificity when your forum either steps up or shows some intellectual honesty.
Go back. Read the posts again. Answer the questions. I'm guessing you'll go with option B, no evidence or accountable position. Nothing that meets the criteria for evidence you hold others accountable to.
Atheism is simply disbelief. Good. End forum.
You still may not get an answer.... However.... Knowing that atheism has no position... You should ask a specific person what THEY personally believe happened. Again, atheism has no answer but separate from being an atheist... They may have a position.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#72160 May 22, 2013
I seriously feel like asking atheists about their position is like asking a white person what is the Caucasian position on homosexuality or do people with hazel eyes believe in evolution or creation.

I feel the atheist position on most things including where we came from is.... I don't know... But probably not a god.

Maybe I'm wrong... But if I am... It's only because "probably not a god" is too aggressive . Lol.
John

Springfield, MO

#72161 May 22, 2013
Do you have any evidence that meets the evidentiary standard you hold others accountable to? Yes or no.

How does an atheist decide which is most or least likely? Always was, prime mover, something from nothing. Show your work. You have no problem making statements about probability that's ground in what?

Contrary to your assertation that atheism is simply disbelief I submit to you this forum LOL.

I'll repost something you may have missed.

Your loon friends are going to love Islam.
John

Springfield, MO

#72162 May 22, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was and am simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitimate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You weren't saying?15
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#72163 May 22, 2013
Make me, christard.
John wrote:
Get your nothing out of here!
John

Springfield, MO

#72164 May 23, 2013
You skipped the questions nobot stumppuppet. I don't know how you type in a straitjacket.

Atheism at its finest.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#72165 May 23, 2013
What questions?
John wrote:
You skipped the questions nobot stumppuppet. I don't know how you type in a straitjacket.
Atheism at its finest.
Imhotep

Reddick, FL

#72166 May 23, 2013
~~~\\\\|||
~~(@@)
~oOo--O--oOo
OBAMA ASKS STAFF TO START CC’ING HIM ON STUFF

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—President Obama’s handling of controversies about the I.R.S., the Justice Department, and Benghazi has raised “grave doubts” about his ability to cope if he ever became involved in an actual scandal, prominent Republicans said today.

“If this is how he handles this stuff, Lord have mercy on him if he ever has to deal with a real scandal,” said newly elected Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S. Carolina).“Quite frankly, I don’t think he has what it takes.”

“The true test of a leader is this,” Rep. Sanford added.“When he gets in a fix, does he have the presence of mind to lie about his whereabouts? Sadly, I don’t think President Obama passes that test.”

Mr. Sanford’s concerns mirror those of another leading Republican lawmaker, Sen. David Vitter (R-Louisiana).

“If President Obama honestly thinks he’s dealing with scandals right now, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t know what a scandal is,” Sen. Vitter said.“And that’s very worrisome.”

“When you get that three A.M. phone call, and it’s a reporter claiming that a prostitute said you like to dress up in a diaper, are you prepared for that call?” Sen. Vitter said.“In the case of President Obama, I am afraid that the answer is no.”
John

Springfield, MO

#72167 May 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
What questions?
<quoted text>
The audacity of dope. Just invoke the 5th. Unbelievable. Just like your nothing.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#72168 May 23, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
So am I an atheist because I disbelief in the Big Bang?
I also believe the Big Bang didn't happen. I at least realize my positive assertion of believing that the Big Bang is false.[/QUOTE]

We are born Atheists and remain so until we start believing all the lies the adults tell us.

Santa Claus has a message to all the children of the world:

Dear Children, Some day you will know everything there is to know about Santa Claus, and on that day I want you to remember everything the adults told you about Jesus.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#72169 May 23, 2013
John wrote:
I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
We are all born Atheists. Most of those of us who went from Atheism to Anti-Theism did so because of Bible-reading pew warming "simle minded" bigots who insist on telling us about your invisible friends.

I will be happy to prove to you that your God does not exist and I will do so just as soon as you are finished providing some evidence for its existence.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#72170 May 23, 2013
John wrote:
Your loon friends are going to love Islam.
Just like you love Jesus?

JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

GOD: "...evil came down from the Lord ...." (Micah 1:12).

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#72171 May 23, 2013
John wrote:
Dance for me puppet boy. The forum about nothing! Repulsing true freethinkers since 2009.
Has anyone ever seen God John?

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

Gee John, if the Bible is this inconsistent and contradictory about this question, what other subjects can we not trust the Bible to answer?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#72172 May 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Thor.
He promised to rid the world of Ice Giants.
Looking around? There are NO MORE ICE GIANTS.
Thor for the WIN!
Your pansy god? He was nailed to a stick... and died.
Thor has a hammer.....
... hmmmm...
I wonder if Topix has a way of removing John from this site entirely, as he is obviously only here to be an irritant? He seems not to have enough intelligence to discuss anything.

He has this anti-theist fixation, and a copy and paste addiction. Why would anyone, who is a non-believer, be an anti-theist? It would seem to me that to be anti theism, one would have to have a belief in a god which you are opposed to. Atheists do not have a belief in a god, so they could not possibly oppose a god.

My experience on this site, and in other places, that atheists, that do participate in discussions about a god, are opposed to the sometimes horrible behavior of allegedly good Christian believers, who appear to be going entirely against what their belief stands for. Some of that bad behavior affects everyone, so as fellow human beings we can object to such behavior, as being anti-society.
John

Springfield, MO

#72173 May 23, 2013
How typical of a liberal atheist. Silence contrarian voices. No wonder Communist regimes embrace atheism as a way to kill and control the masses.

Fight that God you don't believe in puppets. March and fight!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 min Knowledge- 10,798
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Uncle Sam 244,904
John 3:16 18 min Shizle 75
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 59 min Thinking 20,599
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 4 hr NightSerf 18
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 8 hr thetruth 42
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 10 hr ChristineW 14,659
More from around the web