Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#72133 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you quoting?
myself ;)

Its true, if you ask an atheist, they are honest to the point of knowing something even if it makes them unhappy!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72134 May 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
myself ;)
Its true, if you ask an atheist, they are honest to the point of knowing something even if it makes them unhappy!
True, but I think you did not understand my point. the person you are attempting to have a conversation with does not exist, it's just some random spambot. ;)
John

United States

#72135 May 21, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.;8

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#72136 May 21, 2013
John, are you confused about your own intentions? Or are you just missing my posts as you copy and paste?
John

United States

#72137 May 21, 2013
I think you are missing my questions. If you aren't an antitheist you are of no concern to me. Did you want to tell me atheism is simply disbelief again? I've heard that a few times since 2009.

I don't debate nothing so save yourself some time. If you want to challenge it bring an accountable position of your own. I'm done with fishing expeditions. This is your forum.

Prime mover vs ??. I'll save the specificity when your forum either steps up or shows some intellectual honesty.

Go back. Read the posts again. Answer the questions. I'm guessing you'll go with option B, no evidence or accountable position. Nothing that meets the criteria for evidence you hold others accountable to.

Atheism is simply disbelief. Good. End forum.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#72138 May 21, 2013
Bollocks.

You're the one ruling out possibilities.

I only discount proven impossibilities.
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was and am simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitimate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You weren't saying?14
John

United States

#72139 May 21, 2013
I notice your words amounted to nothing. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#72140 May 21, 2013
Only because you're a clueless cult.
John wrote:
I notice your words amounted to nothing.
John

United States

#72141 May 21, 2013
Dance for me puppet boy. The forum about nothing! Repulsing true freethinkers since 2009.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#72142 May 21, 2013
So you accept you're a clueless cult.
Maybe there is hope for you.
People need kidneys.
John wrote:
Dance for me puppet boy. The forum about nothing! Repulsing true freethinkers since 2009.
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#72143 May 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So you accept you're a clueless cult.
Maybe there is hope for you.
People need kidneys.
<quoted text>
This poor mammal has the personality and social life of a barn owl.

I must say she is seriously determined and must have nothing better to do than haunt a single forum 24 seven. I'm surprised she doesn't have enough courage to do all the forums, I don't think she has the stamina.

This is a person who likes to sit in front of a mirror and listen to themselves talk. Classic clinical narcissism.

She feeds on attention the more responses to the pabulum the more she loves it.

Does she actually have any purpose to what she posts? A lonely person, Who's only family is an atheist forum how sad.

Early onset of religious dimentia !

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72144 May 21, 2013
John wrote:
Another substance free bigot post. Welcome to Stumpville. Home of anti-American radicals and nothing promoters.
Thor.

He promised to rid the world of Ice Giants.

Looking around? There are NO MORE ICE GIANTS.

Thor for the WIN!

Your pansy god? He was nailed to a stick... and died.

Thor has a hammer.....

... hmmmm...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72145 May 21, 2013
John wrote:
Zero net jobs since Obama took office.
Lie.

Proof:(nonpartisan)

" http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/04/17/job-c... ;

Why do you lie? Oh! Because you MUST LIE!
Thinking

Poole, UK

#72146 May 21, 2013
John's big issue is that scientifically documented observations of the universe do not agree with his belief system.

John's solution is not to accept peer reviewed evidence.
John's solution is to lie.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
This poor mammal has the personality and social life of a barn owl.
I must say she is seriously determined and must have nothing better to do than haunt a single forum 24 seven. I'm surprised she doesn't have enough courage to do all the forums, I don't think she has the stamina.
This is a person who likes to sit in front of a mirror and listen to themselves talk. Classic clinical narcissism.
She feeds on attention the more responses to the pabulum the more she loves it.
Does she actually have any purpose to what she posts? A lonely person, Who's only family is an atheist forum how sad.
Early onset of religious dimentia !
John

United States

#72147 May 22, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 69,260 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
John

United States

#72148 May 22, 2013
Zero net job gains for this corrupt administration according to the bureau of labor statistics. Instead of apologies from these loons for helping send the country to its demise the rats intend to go down with the ship. So be it.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#72149 May 22, 2013
John's solution is to lie.
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 69,260 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
John

United States

#72150 May 22, 2013
You neglected to provide the post showing otherwise. Should be easy, unless you loons do indeed have a forum about nothing.

Get your nothing out of here! March, march, march through Stumpville.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#72151 May 22, 2013
Guess what I'm obliged to do at your behest?

F**k all.
John wrote:
You neglected to provide the post showing otherwise. Should be easy, unless you loons do indeed have a forum about nothing.
Get your nothing out of here! March, march, march through Stumpville.
John

United States

#72153 May 22, 2013
Give me the observable and repeatable example that will explain origin. I have yet to say what I believe, purposefully until there is some sort of position antitheists want to defend. You believe in science, logic, ok you don't have a monopoly on that. I'm not being glib when I point out without a dragon to chase you are left with nothing. It's starting already and I guarrantee you the responses that attack God will continue and will not mask the deflection of the nothing. Stump an antitheist! Ask him what he believes.

The above is from August 2009. Since then? The same nothing. You loons are as transparent as the Obama administration claims to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min The Northener 51,456
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 22 min scientia potentia... 24,647
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 59 min Eagle 12 189
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 1 hr Eagle 12 1,653
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Eagle 12 11,403
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Eagle 12 22,105
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr Eagle 12 5,792
More from around the web