Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
John

United States

#71702 Apr 29, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,830 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71703 Apr 29, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
<quoted text>
Been a while since I've seen you, Bob. I lost my password to my old account, so I had to make a new one. It's me, kinu88.^^
Hi!

Welcome back!

Business as usual, with the spam-god-bots.

:D

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71704 Apr 29, 2013
Oh look!

John gave his hamster another carrot!

Right on schedule.

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#71705 Apr 29, 2013
I'm sure you wondered where I went. My old email changed, so Topix no longer recognized me.....originally, I just made this account as a backup because I went somewhere else on vacation and set this one up....ironically, I found out that it would only let me log in under Kinu88 on....of all places, Internet Explorer.

So now, I'm stuck under this dull account, with no more 1,000 plus posts. TT I'm just trying to make it to 100 posts. What's with the points awarding system? It seems like things changed during the two or so years I was away.
John

United States

#71706 Apr 29, 2013
No changes. You loons wail against the God you don't believe in and I challenge you to debate any accountable position of belief vs a prime mover. My evidence grows daily and I couldn't be more pleased exposing you bigots.

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#71707 Apr 29, 2013
yup, still the same. Still annoying trolls, still debaters. Why not just get along? I'll bet you anything those two people I knew are still arguing....they were arguing for two+ years over religion.....

Sounds a little silly to me.
Thinking

London, UK

#71708 Apr 29, 2013
Are you still swearing at the pigeons, sat in a puddle of your own piss?
John wrote:
No changes. You loons wail against the God you don't believe in and I challenge you to debate any accountable position of belief vs a prime mover. My evidence grows daily and I couldn't be more pleased exposing you bigots.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#71709 Apr 29, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
yup, still the same. Still annoying trolls, still debaters. Why not just get along? I'll bet you anything those two people I knew are still arguing....they were arguing for two+ years over religion.....
Sounds a little silly to me.
I often wonder if the religi-trolls even have lives outside their basements. It does not keep me up at night, but it is a curious puzzle, no?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71710 Apr 29, 2013
John wrote:
No changes. You loons wail against the God you don't believe in and I challenge you to debate any accountable position of belief vs a prime mover. My evidence grows daily and I couldn't be more pleased exposing you bigots.
Did you just think you delivered a post that would suddenly make us atheists all forget that you have no proof of god and are a failed troll who has so far converted 0 atheists?

Your idiocy knows no bounds.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71711 Apr 29, 2013
John wrote:
No changes. You loons wail against the God you don't believe in and I challenge you to debate any accountable position of belief vs a prime mover. My evidence grows daily and I couldn't be more pleased exposing you bigots.
You say your evidence grows daily. I bet when you go to sleep your nose touches the ceiling.
John

United States

#71712 Apr 30, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 68,840 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71713 Apr 30, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 68,840 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
Buy NOW!

Religion! It's the Mental Illness - in a Book! Get Infected Now! Its FREE (until we ask for donations!) Join the greatest cult of all time. Available in the form of paperback, hardback and even lunatics on street corners!

Warning: Religion requires suspension of all free will and thinking capabilities.

Available in 6 popular flavours and several other variations. Attention: Mixing flavours will and has caused genocide and mass murders.
Some forms are also found in hotel room drawers covered with funny quotes and pages ripped out.
Lincoln

United States

#71714 Apr 30, 2013
Skepticism seems an honored philosophy.
It does not have all the answers.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#71715 Apr 30, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Skepticism seems an honored philosophy.
It does not have all the answers.
There is a difference between skepticism and absolutism. Some here do not seem to know that.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71716 Apr 30, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Skepticism seems an honored philosophy.
It does not have all the answers.
Religion has no answers at all, just 100% fraud.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71717 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>There is a difference between skepticism and absolutism. Some here do not seem to know that.
defeated theist troll returns for her fortnightly visit of shame.
John

United States

#71718 Apr 30, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly is not the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.%7
Thinking

London, UK

#71719 Apr 30, 2013
The poor conduct of believers like you keeps this forum going.
John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly is not the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.%7
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#71720 Apr 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Oh look!
John gave his hamster another carrot!
Right on schedule.
This is old news by oracles predicted this days ago, With each spam, he validates my oracles.

Obama's comedy writers did a great job with his recent press conference funny stuff.

See the video

http://news.yahoo.com/video/obamas-top-moment...

Michele Bachmann line cracked me up
John

United States

#71721 Apr 30, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was and am simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitimate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You weren't saying?1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence for God! 2 min thetruth 378
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 3 min Morse 217
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 min thetruth 2,637
God' existence 7 min Morse 99
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 10 min thetruth 183
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 12 min thetruth 5,965
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 14 min thetruth 23,284
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 57 min polymath257 233,233
More from around the web