Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,436)

Showing posts 68,701 - 68,720 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you mean well, but this mammal is the consummate narcissist.
I suggest you limit a reply, if one is necessary, to no more than one line, 2 is a real stretch.
His limited capacity to comprehend much more than a few syllables is obvious.
I am Imhotepİ and I approve this Public service announcement
Thanks for the valuable announcement, and I am going to endeavor to avoid any replies to him in the future. My goal to not be nasty with other posters kind of prohibits more replies to him anyway.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling an atheist he is going to hell?
Is the EXACT same as telling YOU that Caspir The Friendly Ghost will HAUNT you if you are naughty.
EXACTLY the same thing.
Now Bob just because God doesn't exist doesn't mean that Caspir the friendly ghost is non existing too. I think I read about him in comic books when I was a kid. That means he exists, doesn't it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Why am I the only person who has posted here in recent minutes, and why didn't I scroll ahead to see if the thread is empty before wasting all those really important posts I just made?
John

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Feel free to make posts avoiding your illogical nothing booots. I enjoy them. After four years it is clear you bigots have no intention of addressing your exposed standard or antitheism.

Prime mover wins again. No challengers!
John

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
%2
Thinking

Crewkerne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Bollocks.
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
%2
Alliances

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

hey pray for God to get me a girlfriend.. I believe in him.. with big boobs!! and great Ass!!
Alliances

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

no i'm serious.. i believe in him.. pray that.. he is mad at me and won't give me nothin cuz i sin too much so i gotta have someone else pray for me..
Alliances

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

and and pray for me to have like 30 kids with her.. I can already afford it..
Alliances

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

just can't find.. pray for me to have that stuff..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

John wrote:
You have nothing. You remind me of Gary Sinise in Forrest Gump. Scream at the God you don't believe in. He had stumps. You are stumped.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
I have proof your ugly little godling is not real.

No self-respecting god would permit such as YOU to represent it's good name.

None.

Proving to 100% that you are NOT representing ANY god.

At all.

Too Easy--- your god isn't real, because YOU are an ASS.

Simple.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Only very uneducated people are not able to see religions are just fakes!
So true.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I received a free pass to Purgatory don't you have yours?
By the way I have finished in the lake of fire
Bottom feeders only
When you try to toss them back
They float
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Would you like to debate the evidences of my something to your nothing?
This forum is a continuous laugh track. Go write atheism is simply disbelief one hundred times on the chalkboard. Your nothing will continue to get bitchslapped each time you engage in this absurd charade.

None.

At all.

Simple.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess everyone has their own way of dealing with not being happy. Some want to make others feel that way too, it seems.
There is logic in what you say, here-- misery loves company, and often seeks to spread the misery around to others.

That would explain why religion is so wide-spread...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, wouldn't it be a real drag if they all existed and we had to endure all of the various versions of hell? Now that would be Hell.:)
Personally, I kind of think living my life to see if I can be meaningful to someone, even if just myself, is more attractive than worrying about some hell that some ancient people drummed up to scare each other. I will however try to keep my nose clean so that others don't make my life on earth a hell.
Perhaps those who live with expectations of hell after death, if they don't follow a set course, have found their life on earth has been a hell of their own making.
Indeed-- live your life to the best of your abilities, as best as you are able.

If we all did this? The world wild be a happier place.

And if there does turn out to be a god? And the god is >>just<<? Then we'll all do just fine in the end, for having tried to do our best for the majority of time we spent on earth.

Only an evil god would fabricate a hell.

Since humans are still around, in 2013? That kinda says that evil gods either have no real power, or are not real at all.

Leaving just the good (and indifferent) gods. We really have nothing to fear from the indifferent ones-- they don't care, and may as well not exist. The good gods? Being, well, gods, would likely treat people on the basis of how they lived life overall, not which magical formulas people repeated and how often.

People want it NOW and EASY and with the optional french fries too.

Christianity is perfect for that attitude: "jesus, forgive me!" and *poof*, it's done-- like a drive-through life-- instant, no work, no responsibilities of any sort!

... meh. What a wasted life, to live by that lazy code.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the valuable announcement, and I am going to endeavor to avoid any replies to him in the future. My goal to not be nasty with other posters kind of prohibits more replies to him anyway.:)
You are too kind to Johnnie.

Really.

<snicker>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Bob just because God doesn't exist doesn't mean that Caspir the friendly ghost is non existing too. I think I read about him in comic books when I was a kid. That means he exists, doesn't it?
LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

John wrote:
Feel free to make posts avoiding your illogical nothing booots. I enjoy them. After four years it is clear you bigots have no intention of addressing your exposed standard or antitheism.
Prime mover wins again. No challengers!

None.

At all.

Simple.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Alliances wrote:
just can't find.. pray for me to have that stuff..
JANIS JOPLIN:

"Mercedes Benz"

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?
Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town ?
I'm counting on you, Lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round,
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town ?

Everybody!
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends,
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

That's it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,701 - 68,720 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 19 min Patrick 21,376
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 48 min Patrick 6
Our world came from nothing? 53 min Buck Crick 175
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Buck Crick 224,012
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 2 hr Buck Crick 356
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Thinking 831
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 6 hr Patrick 1,285
•••
•••