Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#71801 May 2, 2013
The only problem is you're identified with the forum of nothing. Your evidentiary standard has been exposed. You reject any attempt at debate if it requires an accountable position. Basically, you throw pebbles at God and run away.

After four years I am here to see how long you will continue your nothing fight. Unless you would like to debate my something vs your ??????

Nothing Bless

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#71802 May 2, 2013
John, we have had a civil conversation.... But what your asking for doesnt make sense and I can't tell if you know this or if you genuinely think atheists have a position and they are pretending they don't.

Either way... You have expressed that the only conversation that you want to have is a debate with a position that doesn't exist. So you just copy and paste everything i have already responded to... Actually I think at least 2 or your responses were originally directed toward me several weeks ago. Maybe not.... Who knows. I am seeing through that you only want to preach anyway... Not debate.

You are the reason I stuck around here because I wanted to... And even still would like to have a conversation... But you are focused on wanting to debate between a prime mover and a non existent other position.

I would still live to know if you think there really is a position and we are keeping it secret or what... I don't know what you think we are up to.

Location hidden

#71803 May 2, 2013
Ahhhh... I used the wrong "you're". I feel stupid

Location hidden

#71804 May 2, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why take all the fun out of this?
Some of these replies beg for humor
Many of the theist posters have so many screws loose their replies are hilarious
Ask yourself why are they here?
one thing certain it is not to learn anything!
To insult to demean seems to be their agenda
With my rapier wit... <rolls eyes> I find this like taking candy from a child
Sometimes I think some of it is funny... But I have seen people and been able to poke fun and stay civil. I like when whatever side of a disagreement I am on is the example of the bigger person. I like you and Bob... But sometimes I sigh... I see them being angry bigots.... Then we stoop to their level.. Or the other way around...

Again... I am not innocent.... I just hate when people let their emotions get out of control and take over the conversation.
John

United States

#71805 May 2, 2013
@ empatheist. That's inaccurate. Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing more. End forum.
John

United States

#71806 May 2, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly is not the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe..1
Thinking

Covent Garden, UK

#71807 May 2, 2013
So Atheism can not be held responsible for any historical atrocity.

Lincoln says the same.

You're getting there.
John wrote:
@ empatheist. That's inaccurate. Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing more. End forum.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#71808 May 2, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I think some of it is funny... But I have seen people and been able to poke fun and stay civil. I like when whatever side of a disagreement I am on is the example of the bigger person. I like you and Bob... But sometimes I sigh... I see them being angry bigots.... Then we stoop to their level.. Or the other way around...
Again... I am not innocent.... I just hate when people let their emotions get out of control and take over the conversation.
I refrain from vulgarity
I don't reply directly to people I find offensive or unworthy of any response whatever.
I play with topix purely for the enjoyment ;)
I have nothing to sell and really don't care what other people think.

I do insist on accuracy however ;)
And when it comes to religions... All are a bad joke

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#71809 May 2, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why take all the fun out of this?
Some of these replies beg for humor
Many of the theist posters have so many screws loose their replies are hilarious
Ask yourself why are they here?
one thing certain it is not to learn anything!
To insult to demean seems to be their agenda
With my rapier wit... <rolls eyes> I find this like taking candy from a child
Yes, you are correct in posting here versus the Christians is rather an easy process. Can we assume we do not see any of their best thinkers or debaters?
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#71810 May 2, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are correct in posting here versus the Christians is rather an easy process. Can we assume we do not see any of their best thinkers or debaters?
I am relatively new to topix
I am a secular humanist, Or for better word... irreligious
Never joined or participated in any of the organized religions/Superstitions

But Occasionally I see someone that used to be faithful and lost their faith

These are always interesting exchanges
I have always been on the outside looking in on religion I like to hear from someone who's been in it and got out

;)
John

United States

#71811 May 2, 2013
Regurgitated nothing.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#71812 May 2, 2013
Correct for change
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#71813 May 2, 2013
NRP - Chop chop idle hands again

Seven lines behind now... Awe
John

United States

#71814 May 2, 2013
....I'd steer the narrative from the nothing as well. Come again Stumpee.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#71815 May 2, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always been on the outside looking in on religion I like to hear from someone who's been in it and got out
;)
Well I was born into it, and it was an understood expectation from an early age that we participated in the Christian religion, and all that entails. I took it seriously enough to carry it over into my adult life and brought up my kids in much the same way, though some of my formerly very conservative opinions had changed or continued to change in that process.

I didn't actually "get out of it" per se, but rather just did not continue to be involved basically when a major move, both geographically and career-wise, which came at about the same time as both children were away at university, kind of took over my life, and I gradually became less interested in getting back into it, as I became more knowledgeable about all the known things that point very strongly to Christianity having been created on myths.

I have since had no reason to doubt that God and the Bible are mythical only, and therefore have come to the final conclusion (final at least for now) that not only was I not interested in returning to that life, but I had no logical reason to, nor did I desire to.

My general impression of being in the Christian mode, though, seemed relatively positive at the time, and I can still understand that many people are still into it, and have no desire to change that.

Perhaps I have had an education more recently on sites such as this to the very dark side of belief, and some of the very dark-sided believers.

Location hidden

#71816 May 2, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
I was a Christian till I was 23 or 24? Not sure. I know it took about 2 years of questioning before I considered myself an atheist... Or rather until I wasn't ashamed to call myself one.

Location hidden

#71817 May 2, 2013
My .... Deconversion? Was more involved than boooots I guess... I didn't lose interest.. I gained a very deep interest... Almost obsession with Christian and atheist debates... Starting on the other side of course.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71818 May 2, 2013
John wrote:
Regurgitated nothing.
All of your posts.

Not a single proof of god to be found in your failed theist rumblings.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71819 May 2, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a complete Obama video from the White House correspondents dinner good jokes
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
2 million hits on YouTube
Thanks--you saved me the need to look it up.

I am watching (listening) even now-- the jokes were hilarious.
John

United States

#71820 May 2, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was and am simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitimate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You weren't saying?4

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 20 min par five 10
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr karl44 10,733
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr thetruth 244,817
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr DanFromSmithville 20,565
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 8 hr Shizle 15
Santa vs. God: logic? Wed Shizle 2
Is the Christian god good? Wed Shizle 4
More from around the web