Atheists on the march in America

There are 20 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71728 Apr 30, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,858 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Another copied and pasted block of text from John confirming he still has no proof of god and is angry at atheists at his own stupidity of following a failed fraudulent cult for most of his life.
John

United States

#71729 Apr 30, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 68,860 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
Lincoln

United States

#71730 Apr 30, 2013
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

Francis Bacon

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#71731 Apr 30, 2013
You were responding to me going to church
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry.
Did it hurt? Or did you refuse to play along, and did not let them take your brains away, when you walked in the doors?
;)
I have to admit... I was impressed. The topic was violence in the bible. I remember thinking "oh boy here we go". Assuming i would hear the same stuff I read on pages like this and YouTube and such... But no... He started by asking who thought the Quran was a violent book.... After the response he asked them if they have read their bibles because if it was not more violent it was just as violent of a holy book.... Wow... Then continued to read the most horrible bible verses.... And talked about how they make him feel sick knowing they are in the book.... He eventually said briefly that good was good and we had to trust him... But he was very very focused on how much they confuse and disappoint him... I was glad i went!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#71732 Apr 30, 2013
Logic wrote:
Atheism is the result of darkness of mind. A true "dark" age.
The irony made me choke on my Pepsi .... Lol
Sorry... I don't mean to be mean... It was just funny.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#71733 Apr 30, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
Francis Bacon
“The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.”~Matthew Arnold

"My mission is to see things as they are. Exactly contrary of a mission." ~Emile Mihai Cioran

"The inspiration of the Bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it." ~Robert G. Ingersol

"Hands that help are far better then lips that pray." ~Robert G. Ingersol

“Human love is generous and noble. The love of God is selfish, because man does not love God for God's sake, but for his own.”~Robert G. Ingersoll

“If all the historic books of the Bible were blotted from the memory of mankind, nothing of value would be lost.”~Robert Ingersoll

“Every fact is an enemy of the church. Every fact is a heretic. Every demonstration is an infidel. Everything that ever really happened testifies against the supernatural.”~Robert G. Ingersoll

“A believer is a bird in a cage. A freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wing.”~Robert Ingersoll

“No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude.”~Karl Popper

“You do not reason a man out of something he was not reasoned into.”~Jonathan Swift

“He who will not reason, is a bigot; He who cannot, is a fool;
And he who dares not, is a slave.”~William Drummond

“Every man, who reasons, soon becomes and unbeliever.”~Paul Henri Thiry, Baron D'Holbach

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71734 Apr 30, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
I'm sure you wondered where I went. My old email changed, so Topix no longer recognized me.....originally, I just made this account as a backup because I went somewhere else on vacation and set this one up....ironically, I found out that it would only let me log in under Kinu88 on....of all places, Internet Explorer.
So now, I'm stuck under this dull account, with no more 1,000 plus posts. TT I'm just trying to make it to 100 posts. What's with the points awarding system? It seems like things changed during the two or so years I was away.
Some of the threads (not Athiesm) have a point system--it's just for bragging rights as far as I can tell. I ignore it.

Obviously, your password on IE is cached-- if you wanted to, you could hack that password cache and recover it-- there are tools out there which do that. The encryption is not very strong, for IE.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71735 Apr 30, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
yup, still the same. Still annoying trolls, still debaters. Why not just get along? I'll bet you anything those two people I knew are still arguing....they were arguing for two+ years over religion.....
Sounds a little silly to me.
I find it amusing to poke a virtual stick and the Copy-n-paste-King, ole stump-jonnie.

But he is completely, and totally incapable of rational replies.

I offered to debate him-- I posted a list of what I believe-- he ignored all of that.

He's just here to make people turn away from Genuine Christianity™ out of sheer disgust, that he represents it.

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71736 Apr 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wonder if the religi-trolls even have lives outside their basements. It does not keep me up at night, but it is a curious puzzle, no?
I suspect that they do not. The likely attend a "church" which consists of one (1) broken-down "pastor" who cannot find employment in the real world (apart from a part-time janitor position), and between 10 and 50 "parishioners", who are so hateful and bigoted, that they are not welcome in any of the nearby mainline (and larger) churches.

It's likely they meet in a school, or the public meeting room of a library, or even in their own garages in rotation.

I've seen this-- too often, I've seen this. It's pathetic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71737 Apr 30, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
This is old news by oracles predicted this days ago, With each spam, he validates my oracles.
Obama's comedy writers did a great job with his recent press conference funny stuff.
See the video
http://news.yahoo.com/video/obamas-top-moment...
Michele Bachmann line cracked me up
LOL! That was good enough--but too brief. Makes me want to see the whole thing, which I think I'll look up.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71738 Apr 30, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
You were responding to me going to church
<quoted text>
I have to admit... I was impressed. The topic was violence in the bible. I remember thinking "oh boy here we go". Assuming i would hear the same stuff I read on pages like this and YouTube and such... But no... He started by asking who thought the Quran was a violent book.... After the response he asked them if they have read their bibles because if it was not more violent it was just as violent of a holy book.... Wow... Then continued to read the most horrible bible verses.... And talked about how they make him feel sick knowing they are in the book.... He eventually said briefly that good was good and we had to trust him... But he was very very focused on how much they confuse and disappoint him... I was glad i went!
Ha! That's interesting-- how did he resolve the bible-evil in the end, or did he even bother?
John

United States

#71739 Apr 30, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly is not the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.%8

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71740 Apr 30, 2013
And the hamster gets another carrot!

Poor stumpy...
John

United States

#71741 Apr 30, 2013
Dance for me nothing puppet. My accountable position is a prime mover. Yours?

No matter what these loons post or claim to have done you will never see any evidence in this arena that meets their own criteria.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71742 Apr 30, 2013
And another... carrot!

That hamster is >so< going to get fat.
John

United States

#71743 Apr 30, 2013
.Another victory for the prime mover! March, march, hate, nothing, march,,

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#71744 Apr 30, 2013
John wrote:
.Another victory for the prime mover! March, march, hate, nothing, march,,
and John still has not figured out his prime mover has been proven to be a myth..

still doesn't know free thinkers are just promulgating that fact.

have fun with your cult, runaway johnny...
John

United States

#71746 Apr 30, 2013
Oh, I'll just take your word for it and disregard you brought the usual nothing. The same nothing since 2009. You loons make freethinkers cringe.

I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief in this arena. Claims, claims, everywhere. Evidence nowhere.

Sane, rational people would be embarrased to have a forum so exposed. You keep coming back though ok.

St. Croix valley

#71747 Apr 30, 2013
John wrote:
Oh, I'll just take your word for it and disregard you brought the usual nothing. The same nothing since 2009. You loons make freethinkers cringe.
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief in this arena. Claims, claims, everywhere. Evidence nowhere.
Sane, rational people would be embarrased to have a forum so exposed. You keep coming back though ok.
actually, not one shred of evidence for you prime mover.

why is it you never show one teensy bit of this evidence you keep lying about/

why do you have to lie for your cult? i never have to lie about my world views...never...

St. Croix valley

#71748 Apr 30, 2013
John wrote:
i have given you the factual, verifiable evidence that proves you cult god is a myth...

you have not given one shred o f evidence for your prime mover. not one shred.

run away johnny...run away...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 238,363
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Denisova 18,852
News Confessions of a black atheist 7 hr Mikko 475
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Sun Amused 25
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) Sun thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Sun thetruth 2,094
News The Consequences of Atheism Sat Koala_Gums 1,340
More from around the web