Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Logic

Minneapolis, MN

#71552 Apr 21, 2013
Meet the Law and Meet God.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#71553 Apr 21, 2013
Logic wrote:
Meet the Law and Meet God.
not one shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses ever. not one. nada. zilch. none.

all the religious cult gods have been proven to be myths.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71554 Apr 21, 2013
Logic wrote:
Whatever entity set the laws of physics, that is God. How dumb does someone have to be to not see the obvious. A rock falls to the ground. It follows a law. That law was set in place somehow. The lawgiver is God by definition. If you want to use a different word, fine, it is still the ruler of the physical universe. The universe you live in. To deny it is to deny reality. The real question is, is there more than the physical universe. Conscious Thought would seem to indicate the potential for something outside the physical universe. It just depends if you choose to be narrow minded or broad minded.(Guess who is narrow?)
I get it.

It's magic, then?

You cannot find a real reason, so you invoke magic?

The problem with claiming "magic" (or goddidit -- same thing), is that it does not really answer anything useful.

What >>sort<< of magic? How did the magic work? What energy pathways did the magic function through?

Where did this "god" >>get<< the magic in the first place?

Who created god?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71555 Apr 21, 2013
Logic wrote:
Meet the Law and Meet God.
Renaming your magic does not help.

There's still zero evidence for a magical-god thingy.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71556 Apr 22, 2013
Logic wrote:
Whatever entity set the laws of physics, that is God. How dumb does someone have to be to not see the obvious. A rock falls to the ground. It follows a law. That law was set in place somehow. The lawgiver is God by definition. If you want to use a different word, fine, it is still the ruler of the physical universe. The universe you live in. To deny it is to deny reality. The real question is, is there more than the physical universe. Conscious Thought would seem to indicate the potential for something outside the physical universe. It just depends if you choose to be narrow minded or broad minded.(Guess who is narrow?)
narrow minded people are usually uneducated. They prefer to use their imagination rather than work hard or try to understand what scientists understand and the reasons why.

Its easier for narrow minded people to be ignorant of science so that they can continue to look down on people through their own prejudices, usually supported by their unproven religion.
wanderinglantern weilder

Howell, MI

#71558 Apr 22, 2013
i'm not an atheist i just have a lot of doubt
wanderinglantern weilder

Howell, MI

#71559 Apr 22, 2013
I almost think he may not be real but i do't wanna say he's not then get screwed over..
wanderinglantern weilder

Howell, MI

#71560 Apr 22, 2013
when he sends me to hell..

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#71561 Apr 22, 2013
Logic wrote:
Whatever entity set the laws of physics, that is God. How dumb does someone have to be to not see the obvious. A rock falls to the ground. It follows a law. That law was set in place somehow. The lawgiver is God by definition. If you want to use a different word, fine, it is still the ruler of the physical universe. The universe you live in. To deny it is to deny reality. The real question is, is there more than the physical universe. Conscious Thought would seem to indicate the potential for something outside the physical universe. It just depends if you choose to be narrow minded or broad minded.(Guess who is narrow?)
Show me One theory in Physics which has goddidit term?

e = mc^2 ----------No

F = G.m1.m2/r^2 ----No

E =(MV^2)/2 -------No

e = ri ----------No ......

Sorry you are wrong.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71562 Apr 22, 2013
wanderinglanternweilder wrote:
when he sends me to hell..
Don't worry-- there are 1000's of competitive gods, all of which have various versions of hell.

Since it patently >>impossible<< to please them all?

You're so gonna end up in one of the hells-- likely in several.

Or else?

It's all bullsh7t.
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#71563 Apr 22, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
John, I didn't read that post, because I think I have read it before. However evidence for the existence of a god, or if you prefer God, referring to the Abrahamic God which Jews, Christians and Muslims all claim to believe in, would be something that if you, or someone else, were to show it to me, or to the world as a whole, we would then look at it and say, yes that proves God exists, or no that does not prove that God exists.
Since we do not have a consensus in the world of God existing and we have even fewer people in the world who would agree on the same god if one did exist, man has not yet had evidence presented that has provided the necessary proof of the existence of God, or a god.
Some men have found things which they claim is evidence to support various things that they believe based on Bible stories. None of these things found have yet been accepted by any group of experts who would be able to make such a determination (whatever that group might be). So these pieces of "evidence" have not been accepted by 'man' as proof of God (I will stick to just God to reduce repetition).
In the meantime, man HAS found evidence which makes some of the stories taken from what some men call the 'Word of God', the Bible, not true factual accounts of events, but rather fictional or mythical writings. We know now from several disciplines of study, done by very expert people in the various fields of study, that a general Flood, as depicted in the Bible story of Noah and the Flood, did not actually occur on this earth during the period of time when man and other living things existed here. That has been determined by many things, but at least one of them would be evidence proving there has been no break in existence of living things in many parts of the world.
Also through relatively simple mathematical calculations man has determined how much volume of water it would require to cover all parts of the earth to the top of the highest part of the earth. I understand that to be several miles above the current sea level. It has been calculated that that amount of water would require about 5 times (5 or 7 I didn't go back and double-check that figure) the total amount of water that would have existed in, on, and above the earth.
Supposing that through some "miracle" power of God such an amount of water did exist for enough time to kill all living things, except the few things that could be crowded onto a boat, then it would be equally impossible, without some "miracle", for that water to just disappear within one year.
In other words the Flood, referring to a worldwide flood, is a myth.
If I remember correctly, the story about the Flood as appears in the Bible, talks about a nature phenomena, rain, that occurred for 40 days and 40 nights. It does not state anything about a god creating 5 times the total existing volume of water to Flood and kill all living creatures.
I know you mean well, but this mammal is the consummate narcissist.

I suggest you limit a reply, if one is necessary, to no more than one line, 2 is a real stretch.

His limited capacity to comprehend much more than a few syllables is obvious.

I am Imhotep© and I approve this Public service announcement
John

Tulsa, OK

#71564 Apr 24, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,697 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
John

Tulsa, OK

#71565 Apr 24, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
%1
John

Tulsa, OK

#71566 Apr 24, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly is not the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.%1
John

Tulsa, OK

#71567 Apr 24, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 68,699 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#71568 Apr 24, 2013
wanderinglanternweilder wrote:
I almost think he may not be real but i do't wanna say he's not then get screwed over..
So yo are believing in Cthulhu just in case he's real. He won't like that, that's called lying.
Logic

Minneapolis, MN

#71569 Apr 24, 2013
Atheist's stumbling block is pride. They are like ants standing up to humans. If they can't figure it out then it must not be so. When you bring up the obvious they simply say that is "magic" and I don't believe in magic. Atheism is the result of darkness of mind. A true "dark" age. Their pride is defended by their anger. They lash out with anger against anyone who "offends" their pride. Truly, if an atheist want's to meet his God, he need only look in the mirror. These obvious truths have been know for thousands of years. Countless religious have been killed by godless men for "shinning a light into the darkness". Reason has limitations and defects. It is imperfect. A function of imperfect beings. Some people have a less imperfect reasoning power and can come to the conclusion of a God. Some people have a more imperfect reasoning power and are forever caught in a flawed path of logic. It is like watching an insane man try to think his way back to sanity. Unfortunately, that is impossible because the instrument of healing is broken.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71570 Apr 24, 2013
Logic wrote:
Atheist's stumbling block is pride.
Really?

Since you start with a lie, I won't bother to read anything else.

But you DO demonstrate the massively bloated EGO of a Genuine Christian™.

It does take a massive sense of narcissism to believe that the Ultimate Creator of Everything™... has a special relationship with ...

.. you.

Ego.

The hallmark of all Genuine Christians™ everywhere.
Logic

Minneapolis, MN

#71571 Apr 24, 2013
You said I was a Christian.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71572 Apr 24, 2013
Logic wrote:
You said I was a Christian.
It's a reasonable presumption-- given your ISP location.

But you could easily be one of the other delusional idiots, such as Islam, Mormans, Jews, Hindus or even Scientology.

All are equally narcissistic. All are equally hate-filled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 7 min dollarsbill 4,785
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr dollarsbill 85,489
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 23 hr Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Mon Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Mon superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web