Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71490 Apr 20, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 68,620 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
No proof of god = lying theist = all theists
Lincoln

United States

#71491 Apr 20, 2013
Two types of Atheists

1. The live and let live atheists who don't shove their opinions down any ones throat. These people have social lives.

2. The arrogant, intolerant trolls who spend all day long bitching and trolling on the threads. They always talk about reason and logic but lack the logic to realize that no one is being persuaded by their intolerance.
Evangelical atheists are postive that there is no afterlife yet they spend that only life on threads trolling people. Most of them are 15 year olds who think that they are really cool even though they don't have any friends.-Google-

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71492 Apr 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Two types of Atheists
1. The live and let live atheists who don't shove their opinions down any ones throat. These people have social lives.
2. The arrogant, intolerant trolls who spend all day long bitching and trolling on the threads. They always talk about reason and logic but lack the logic to realize that no one is being persuaded by their intolerance.
Evangelical atheists are postive that there is no afterlife yet they spend that only life on threads trolling people. Most of them are 15 year olds who think that they are really cool even though they don't have any friends.-Google-
John = the whining coward troll with no proof of god
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#71493 Apr 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Two types of Atheists
1. The live and let live atheists who don't shove their opinions down any ones throat. These people have social lives.
2. The arrogant, intolerant trolls who spend all day long bitching and trolling on the threads. They always talk about reason and logic but lack the logic to realize that no one is being persuaded by their intolerance.
Evangelical atheists are postive that there is no afterlife yet they spend that only life on threads trolling people. Most of them are 15 year olds who think that they are really cool even though they don't have any friends.-Google-
Once again you are misinformed

Adapted from http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismatheiststh ...[for more on this subject, see related articles at the bottom of the page, as well as http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismatheiststh ...]

[1] Telling us what it is that we believe, especially that we claim that there is no god

[2] Unsolicited (which is all of it) preaching and proselytizing

[3] Referring to atheism as a religion, saying that atheism requires faith, or calling an atheist a fundamentalist

[4] Trying to prove something by quoting the Bible

[5] Threatening nonbelievers with damnation

[6] Pretending that you don't have the burden of proof

[7] Using cut and paste arguments from others that you can't defend

[8] Repeating arguments that have already been refuted and rejected

[9] Saying that we believe nothing, that our lives are without purpose or meaning, or that we have no basis for moral behavior

[10] Announce that you'll be praying for us

[11] Invoking Pascal’s Wager, which says that there is everything to gain and nothing to lose by believing in Jesus. Also, Employing the No True Scotsman fallacy, straw man arguments, and other common fallacies.

[12] Telling us that we can’t or don’t understand the Bible, or that our Christian experiences couldn’t have been authentic if we abandoned them

[13] Saying that we hate your god, are rebelling against your god, or really believe in a god

[14] Misrepresenting science knowledge.

[15] Blaming secularism for the deaths caused by zealous ideologues like Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot.
John

Tulsa, OK

#71494 Apr 20, 2013
1. I'm worried your group is mentally disturbed. You are either endlessly repeating you don't believe as if that requires a never ending forum with daily reminders or hating on Christianity. I hope the anger is only words on the internet.
KJV

United States

#71495 Apr 20, 2013
John wrote:
]You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,610 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Nicely put.
KJV

United States

#71496 Apr 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>No proof of god = lying theist = all theists
You believe nothing. Got it, you can go now.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71497 Apr 20, 2013
John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God.
Riiight... and you are lashing out at Voldemort.

Riiiight....

... the truth is? We are fighting >>you<< and your bigoted beliefs, bub.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71498 Apr 20, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 01
I believe you are hateful.

I believe you are bigoted-- and that you use your ugly Big Book of Hate (bible) to "justify" your bigotry.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglican party gives a rat's azz about ... you..... when clearly, they only care about the top 1%, of which you clearly are not.

I believe you think that we can balance the budget by >>lowering<< taxes...

I believe you think that Creationism is ... real.

I believe you think there really is a "war" on "christmas".

I believe you are jealous of anyone with a real college degree, from a real university.

I believe you pretty much hate .... everyone, especially yourself.

----------

There! I told you what I believe-- and I wasn't stumped in the least.

What do I win?
John

Tulsa, OK

#71499 Apr 20, 2013
That's what you think I believe stumpee. Your education, such as it is was a waste.

As KJV notes. You believe nothing. Got it. You can go now.
IRYW

Allentown, PA

#71500 Apr 20, 2013
John wrote:
...... you could also just cut and paste one of the 68,620 posts to show otherwise.
.
Gay John. F**ked up the a$$ 68,620 times and coming back for more every day.
John

Tulsa, OK

#71501 Apr 20, 2013
I haven't sat down in four years LOL.

Nothing to see here but bigotry. It's been my pleasure exposing your agenda.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71502 Apr 20, 2013
John wrote:
That's what you think I believe stumpee. Your education, such as it is was a waste.
As KJV notes. You believe nothing. Got it. You can go now.
I answered your question-- I was not in the least stumped.

Now that we've established you are a bald-faced liar, we can move on.
John

Tulsa, OK

#71503 Apr 20, 2013
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit stumpee.
My accountable position of belief is a prime mover. Yours?

My petulant puppet will return with nothing.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71504 Apr 20, 2013
John wrote:
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit stumpee.
My accountable position of belief is a prime mover. Yours?
This is my accountable position:

I believe you are hateful.

I believe you are bigoted-- and that you use your ugly Big Book of Hate (bible) to "justify" your bigotry.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglican party gives a rat's azz about ... you..... when clearly, they only care about the top 1%, of which you clearly are not.

I believe you think that we can balance the budget by >>lowering<< taxes...

I believe you think that Creationism is ... real.

I believe you think there really is a "war" on "christmas".

I believe you are jealous of anyone with a real college degree, from a real university.

I believe you pretty much hate .... everyone, especially yourself.
John wrote:
My petulant puppet will return with nothing.
Caught you in yet another lie.

Ha!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71505 Apr 20, 2013
John wrote:
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit stumpee.
My accountable position of belief is a prime mover. Yours?
My petulant puppet will return with nothing.
I answered your question-- I was not in the least stumped.

Now that we've established you are a bald-faced liar, we can move on.
John

Tulsa, OK

#71506 Apr 20, 2013
Oh, silly Bob you have never caught me in a lie. Now, I caught you and proved it. I know that bothers you LOL. Lying for nothing tsk, tsk.

Your irrelevant tangents are comical.

Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing more. Bwahahaha.
John

Tulsa, OK

#71507 Apr 20, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,644 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
John

Tulsa, OK

#71508 Apr 20, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
%
John

Tulsa, OK

#71509 Apr 20, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly is not the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Into The Night 87,618
Why does Congress have a Chaplain ? 13 hr Wilmington 1
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 13 hr blacklagoon 3 258
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 17 hr Wisdom of Ages 5,843
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 21 ChristineM 4,035
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
More from around the web