Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,409)

Showing posts 68,161 - 68,180 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
Obama lies:
-the health care package will pay for itself.
-we have run out of places in the US to drill for oil.
-Obamacare fee is not a new tax.
-under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience law will remain in place.
Under Obama, 11 million jobs created.

Under Bushy, 1 million jobs created.

How's that, ReThug? You still a ReThuglican?

LMAO

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Should everyone in America get healthcare?
Yes or no?
You know, like people do in first world countries.
<quoted text>
Yes. Yes they should-- it's actually cheaper in the long run, to give everyone basic health care.

But it does present higher short-term costs in some sectors.

And under the ReThuglican policy of "we only care about THIS WEEK", that doesn't work so well....

... they gotta get their ReThuglican bribes in, after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
After ignoring years of questions you decide to interject here? Should the preborn have a right to life?
What, pray tell, is a "preborn"? Some sort of fetish of yours, perhaps?

But in America, no person can be ENSLAVED against their will--even if it was to save the life of someone else.

So your "argument" is right out the window.
Thinking

Bolton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Your god loves abortion - your god is the biggest abortionist by far.

Stomp stomp stomp another miscarriage caused by god...
John wrote:
So abortion is wrong yes or no? Is abortion a right? Is the life expectancy solely attributed to health care or do things like diet and car accidents come in to play? What do you believe? Do you have any evidence of your nothing? Where is Waldo?
Atheism is simply disbelief. I keep telling you that!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I believe those are the platforms. The democratic party is no longer. It has been hijacked by the far left. You can call your wife Kate Upton but that doesn't make it so. The communist caucuses with the dems.
Wow.

You are so living in a fantasy-delusion-- and you prove you are only about 20 years old or less... for you have no clue of politics back before Reagan.

By the standards of 1970's and 1980's, Obama would've been quite happy in the Republican party of that day-- in fact, his policies are MORE CONSERVATIVE than Reagan's were-- by quite a lot, actually.

Obama spends much, much less than Reagan.
Obama did not raise taxes, unlike Reagan.
Obama did not create huge, giant unfunded pie-in-the-sky projects, unlike Reagan (star wars fiasco)
Obama did not fire a huge chunk of government employees-- dumping them on their backsides right before Xmas-- but Reagan did.

In the final analysis, Obama is a moderate, a centrist. He'd have fit right in, in the Republican Party of the 60's, the 70's and the early 80's. He'd not have stood a chance in the Democratic party of those days, either-- too Right-leaning.

But we have already noted, that history is NOT something YOU are familiar with, is it?

LMAO!

You are too funny, here--
Thinking

Bolton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

When do you repair your roof? When the sun is shining... The right time for the US to have done all this was the 90s, but Hillary couldn't get it to stick.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Yes they should-- it's actually cheaper in the long run, to give everyone basic health care.
But it does present higher short-term costs in some sectors.
And under the ReThuglican policy of "we only care about THIS WEEK", that doesn't work so well....
... they gotta get their ReThuglican bribes in, after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
You make the presupposition
I believe you are a demonstrated idiot.

I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.

I believe you have been shown to be an uneducated moron.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

I believe you are uneducated, and likely never completed high school.

Shall I go on?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

<quoted text>
I believe you are a demonstrated idiot.
I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.
I believe you have been shown to be an uneducated moron.
I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.
I believe you are uneducated, and likely never completed high school.
Shall I go on?
"I believe you are a demonstrated idiot." = Evangelistic atheist on the ropes ?:-)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
They are so desperate to make atheism look bad so they pretend that atheism and communism go hand and hand, as if Karl Marx was the atheist buybull. They do this to counter all the lists of genocide we have on them. But their statements clearly ignore the fact that atheism is not an ideology, it is just simply the lack of belief. No more than someone not liking pink clothes. Whereas the buybulll is a ideology or at least represents an ideology. The associations we make tying their religion to genocide is accurate because that book calls for murder and oppression against women, non monotheists, gays, etc.
Yes, that is all very true. Having been raised in a religious family in a small rural community of mainly religious people, and not seeing Christianity do much harm in my immediate environment, I can say that there are some benefits to Christianity in it has kept some people on a fairly positive level of conduct, however I don't support the reasons for following that religion in the first place, nor all of the many negatives things that the religion has been guilty of throughout history.

There is nothing particularly wrong with loving your neighbor [as long as her husband doesn't find out :)] or doing unto others as you would have them do unto you, but we can do all that without all the hocus pocus and magic and hate involved in a belief in a deity.

If the whole world adopted a view of loving your neighbors and treating all others as one wants to be treated, we would end a lot of the problems that the many factions in the world, many of them related to differences in beliefs in invisible beings, have caused.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

EmpAtheist wrote:
I'm going to play devils advocate here for a second (haha.... Anyway..) and suggest that the atheists in here try to be as civil as they want the Christians to be. I honestly do like many of you and your responses.... And yes no matter how calm we are they will still say nasty things... Oh well...
Just notice how calm and collected Boooots is... He is still called a bigot and a racist... But notice what opinions you make of the people who can keep themselves under control and the ones who can't.
Probably a waste of time... But I enjoy more peaceful conversations...
Gee, thank you for that comment. Good thing you can't see me stamping my feet and busting windows because of my anger when I read some of the lame posts here - just joking.:)

I have been particularly upset and disappointed with the viciousness coming from those who claim to be believers, because I am disillusioned about Christians by their actions, since I was raised as a Christian to not act the way they do on this site.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, thank you for that comment. Good thing you can't see me stamping my feet and busting windows because of my anger when I read some of the lame posts here - just joking.:)
I have been particularly upset and disappointed with the viciousness coming from those who claim to be believers, because I am disillusioned about Christians by their actions, since I was raised as a Christian to not act the way they do on this site.
I think perhaps they feel threatened by nonbelievers or the irreligious

What compels them to enter a forum, where they have an obvious distaste for the subject content,
Remains a puzzle.

I think these people are addicted to religion

it's a mental disorder - living in a imaginary world Completely untethered from reality.

Few if any have ever bothered to read their Bibles

most atheists have read the Bible, waded through it, and drew the obvious conclusion it was not worthwhile and abandoned it - just that simple

This is the 21st-century the Internet will spell the death of organize religion you can only hide from knowledge for so long before it knocks you on the head and says wake up fool
John

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

<quoted text>
During Reagon, Bush 1 and Bush 2? Few jobs were created under their watch.
But under Clinton and now Obama? More jobs created than all the others-- combined.
In fact? Obama's policies have created 10 times more jobs than Bushy's failure did.
Those are facts, jack. Take'em to the bank.
How about spending?
Bushy spent more than any other president in history-- without equal.
Obama? He represents the >>lowest<< spending of all modern presidents-- from Reagon forward, the >>lowest<< total budget goes to Obama.
Those are also facts, jack. Facts you can take to the bank.
Face it: Your ReThuglicans are a failed idea, who's time is over.
You're a special kind of nut proven time and again to be an unabashed liar.

On January, 2009 when Obama took office total debt of federal government was $10, 626, 877, 048, 913. 08 according to the US TREASURY. As of January 17, 2013 the last day of business before Obamas second reign of terror the total debt of the federal government was $16, 432, 631, 489, 854. 70.

The new federal debt under Obama in his first term equaled approximately $50,521.00 for each household in the country.

Since your guy can't stand on his own don't bother looking up Bush's debt. I was against Tarp BTW. I'm intellectually honest. It's a shame you aren't.

Your other posts are crap as well. He hasn't created one job while piling up more debt than Washinton through Clinton.

This isn't going to end well. I'll skip the other nonsense about health fraud, history, etc. The country will either reject statism or we will live in tyranny. I'll let you guess the other options. History is cyclical.
John

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Atheism is simple disbelief. People who are upset and disappointed are appealing to a standard. Hmm. I wonder why. Atheists lack depth so there is no need for me to explain natural law. You would reject it, but most of you live it. The irony is comical but lost on you.
John

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

You loons keeping up with the grisly story of abortion doctor Kermit Gosnel accused of killing seven newborns and a young woman. Body partaking were strewn all around his slaughterhouse.

Up to 100 gruesome deaths with the just born infants effectively decapitated after the doctor snipped the spines with scissors.

No coverage on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, NPR, PBS. No liberal agenda here. Pure evil.

Are you disappointed Booots. Maybe most of you should reject this statist agenda atheism is so intertwined with.

Another poster made some point about Communism and atheism. Well, your simple disbelief has tied itself to statism. I can't imagine a whackos like Bobs truthful thoughts.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
Atheism is simple disbelief. People who are upset and disappointed are appealing to a standard. Hmm. I wonder why. Atheists lack depth so there is no need for me to explain natural law. You would reject it, but most of you live it. The irony is comical but lost on you.
Ah, your no true Scotsman fallacy.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
You loons keeping up with the grisly story of abortion doctor Kermit Gosnel accused of killing seven newborns and a young woman. Body partaking were strewn all around his slaughterhouse.
Up to 100 gruesome deaths with the just born infants effectively decapitated after the doctor snipped the spines with scissors.
No coverage on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, NPR, PBS. No liberal agenda here. Pure evil.
Are you disappointed Booots. Maybe most of you should reject this statist agenda atheism is so intertwined with.
Another poster made some point about Communism and atheism. Well, your simple disbelief has tied itself to statism. I can't imagine a whackos like Bobs truthful thoughts.
Is there some English in this post of yours?
John

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Hey Bob let's discuss centrist Obamas anti-American radical friends next. It's a long disgusting list. Reminds me of your posts.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
I'm sure it is. Been covered in year two and three. I think I even posted along these lines in a response to you.
Do you really think simple disbelief is the motivator here and if you do why is it taking 68,000 posts? Honest question.
I was simply asking for clarification.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a special kind of nut proven time and again to be an unabashed liar.
On January, 2009 when Obama took office total debt of federal government was $10, 626, 877, 048, 913. 08 according to the US TREASURY. As of January 17, 2013 the last day of business before Obamas second reign of terror the total debt of the federal government was $16, 432, 631, 489, 854. 70.
The new federal debt under Obama in his first term equaled approximately $50,521.00 for each household in the country.
Since your guy can't stand on his own don't bother looking up Bush's debt. I was against Tarp BTW. I'm intellectually honest. It's a shame you aren't.
Your other posts are crap as well. He hasn't created one job while piling up more debt than Washinton through Clinton.
This isn't going to end well. I'll skip the other nonsense about health fraud, history, etc. The country will either reject statism or we will live in tyranny. I'll let you guess the other options. History is cyclical.
I see you watch False News for your... ahem ... "facts".

Obama's policies have created more than 11 million jobs since he began.

Bushy only created 1 million jobs.

And his spending? Is the lowest (relatively) of all the recent presidents.

Your lies notwithstanding-- obviously reality is not something you are familiar with.

But that was clear from your very first lie--erm-- post.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
Hey Bob let's discuss centrist Obamas anti-American radical friends next. It's a long disgusting list. Reminds me of your posts.
Sure, sure Liar-- more False Snews from you?

Do you worship Glenn Beck's footsteps?

I bet you do..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,161 - 68,180 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••