Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
68,141 - 68,160 of 70,985 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5
Imhotep

Stuart, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

I cast my fishing rod in to the lake of fire And hooked another useless troll fish

I always enjoy feeding the trolls and watching them fight over the tidbits - PSA R FUN
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Should everyone in America get healthcare?
Yes or no?
You know, like people do in first world countries.
<quoted text>
Republicans = let the poor die!!!
Democrats = universal heath care
Libertarians = "Anne Randi" was on Medicare :-)
Peace

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God.
Atheism = lack of belief in god.

You can't lash out at something you don't believe in john, you stupid f*ck.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"you stupid f*ck" = evangelistic atheist frustration

evangelical atheist = one who not only believes there is no god or other supreme being, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist too, usually through hard-line intolerance (the kind they accuse other religions of). When cornered they usually try to put down their opponent's religion and bash them for 'blind faith', not realizing that their belief that there is no god is no more or less valid or provable than the other guy's belief that there is one.

Most on the thread seem not evangelic, but you may be on a crusade.
Peace
Thinking

Bolton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Ayn Rand, perchance?
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why go on with your %$^%@^&#%%!%!????
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Ayn Rand, perchance?
<quoted text>
Yes...
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Yes or no?
<quoted text>
After ignoring years of questions you decide to interject here? Should the preborn have a right to life?

As far as your question creating a fraudulent power grab monstrosity that raises rates, lowers standards, reduces doctors, and bankrupts future generations isn't the touchy feely answer you suggest it is. Hey kids I lost my job and we will have no food or home but dammit checkups are free! Your little question is inane and I wonder how many of the thousands of pages of lies and fraud contained in the already falling apart legislation you've read.

A proponent of infanticide lecturing me. Whackjob.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace
Yeah, I believe those are the platforms. The democratic party is no longer. It has been hijacked by the far left. You can call your wife Kate Upton but that doesn't make it so. The communist caucuses with the dems.

At this rate it will be health care for none. How is that social security program working LOL.

True free markets (including portability) work best. A safety net for TRUE need is expected. How is the mediacare program doing? Are doctors getting paid?

Platitudes and speeches have resulted in 90 million out of the labor force. Millions going on disability as an end around to unemployment. UNSUSTAINABLE. Obama is a disaster.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. See above. Heavy flow day hun. I would wrestle you to the ground and smother you in kisses charging Bob and Imhotep an admission of course.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,210 + posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Has anyone read- Science Left Behind: Feel-Good Fallacies and the Rise of the Anti-Scientific Left?

Never forget atheism is simply disbelief.
Thinking

Bolton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

So who was Anne Randi? Never heard of her.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...
Thinking

Bolton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

I've never had an abortion.

However, as less than half of fertilised eggs don't make it, your god is by far the biggest abortionist of all.

Also, when Americans live as long as other Westerners, you may come back and tell me how good your "healthcare" is!
John wrote:
<quoted text>
After ignoring years of questions you decide to interject here? Should the preborn have a right to life?
As far as your question creating a fraudulent power grab monstrosity that raises rates, lowers standards, reduces doctors, and bankrupts future generations isn't the touchy feely answer you suggest it is. Hey kids I lost my job and we will have no food or home but dammit checkups are free! Your little question is inane and I wonder how many of the thousands of pages of lies and fraud contained in the already falling apart legislation you've read.
A proponent of infanticide lecturing me. Whackjob.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

So abortion is wrong yes or no? Is abortion a right? Is the life expectancy solely attributed to health care or do things like diet and car accidents come in to play? What do you believe? Do you have any evidence of your nothing? Where is Waldo?

Atheism is simply disbelief. I keep telling you that!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
90 million out of the labor force. Statism has never worked. Save your heartstring arguments, I'll go with the evidence.
During Reagon, Bush 1 and Bush 2? Few jobs were created under their watch.

But under Clinton and now Obama? More jobs created than all the others-- combined.

In fact? Obama's policies have created 10 times more jobs than Bushy's failure did.

Those are facts, jack. Take'em to the bank.

How about spending?

Bushy spent more than any other president in history-- without equal.

Obama? He represents the >>lowest<< spending of all modern presidents-- from Reagon forward, the >>lowest<< total budget goes to Obama.

Those are also facts, jack. Facts you can take to the bank.

Face it: Your ReThuglicans are a failed idea, who's time is over.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
Obama lies:
-the health care package will pay for itself.
-we have run out of places in the US to drill for oil.
-Obamacare fee is not a new tax.
-under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience law will remain in place.
Under Obama, 11 million jobs created.

Under Bushy, 1 million jobs created.

How's that, ReThug? You still a ReThuglican?

LMAO

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Yes or no?
<quoted text>
Yes. Yes they should-- it's actually cheaper in the long run, to give everyone basic health care.

But it does present higher short-term costs in some sectors.

And under the ReThuglican policy of "we only care about THIS WEEK", that doesn't work so well....

... they gotta get their ReThuglican bribes in, after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
What, pray tell, is a "preborn"? Some sort of fetish of yours, perhaps?

But in America, no person can be ENSLAVED against their will--even if it was to save the life of someone else.

So your "argument" is right out the window.
Thinking

Bolton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Your god loves abortion - your god is the biggest abortionist by far.

Stomp stomp stomp another miscarriage caused by god...
John wrote:
So abortion is wrong yes or no? Is abortion a right? Is the life expectancy solely attributed to health care or do things like diet and car accidents come in to play? What do you believe? Do you have any evidence of your nothing? Where is Waldo?
Atheism is simply disbelief. I keep telling you that!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••