Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#71324 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I are most likely, Not moving to Saudi Arabia.
Fanatics seem the enemy, religious or non religious.
A fanatic bombed Boston.
what does that have to do with your story pointing out the ridiculousness of religious cults, and said absolutely nothing at all about atheists or free thinkers?

St. Croix valley

#71325 Apr 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look its the weasel Lincoln, with no proof of god, attacking atheists again with made up anecdotes.
You are wortheless scum like your cult.
yeah, i like how he tacks on that littlebarb to freethinkers to a story that only pointed out how ridiculous religious cults are.
John

United States

#71326 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be a fundamentalist in his attacks on his personal windmills
The legend of Bob Quixote!
John

United States

#71327 Apr 16, 2013
I can't help but notice atheists have zero evidence that meets the standards they hold others accountable to.

I can't help but notice an entire forum fears debating any accountable position of belief vs a prime mover.

I do notice your bigotry against believers. I do notice your lie that atheism is simply disbelief.

No worries. Each day of the nothing further reveals your utter lack of freethinking.
John

United States

#71328 Apr 16, 2013
The short bus crew still can't differentiate between belief and disbelief.

March, march, hate, march, yell, shout, sell our nothing, hate that God,,
Lincoln

United States

#71329 Apr 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do with your story pointing out the ridiculousness of religious cults, and said absolutely nothing at all about atheists or free thinkers?
try to think outside the evangelistic atheist box?
Drink less coffee .. enjoy life a bit more?

St. Croix valley

#71330 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
try to think outside the evangelistic atheist box?
Drink less coffee .. enjoy life a bit more?
would that include making irrational statements like yours? no thanks, i'll stick to facts and rational debate.

can't come up with a reason you had to tack on that barb to non-believers onto a story about the idiocy of believers?...

St. Croix valley

#71331 Apr 16, 2013
John wrote:
you stil can['t tell between myth and proven fact.

the cult mentality is hard to beat, but there are cult deprogrammers out there, check the yellow pages..
Lincoln

United States

#71332 Apr 16, 2013
"God bless us, every one!"
Tiny Tim
and today God Bless the people hurt in Boston
John

United States

#71333 Apr 16, 2013
You used the word fact in a sentence. Impressive!
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#71334 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
A Jewish friend tried to work as a security official under contract with the US Government in Saudi Arabia and was told He need a certificate of baptism.
You do not have to be Christian to find atheism funny :-)
This in contrast to Christians who must abandon their mind for fantasy.

Christians don't have the character the stamina the truth the honesty the desire to pursue the true origins of their faith or really their myth.

Atheists could laugh at this willful ignorance but we understand how deep the delusion is what's funny is you don't!

Have a Great Day, unless you've made other plans...

It is always a pleasure to trounce you!
Lincoln

United States

#71335 Apr 16, 2013
The adherence to anti-religious Evangelist -Atheist ideology that militantly ridicules, mocks, scorns and satirizes the idea of the existence of a deity or deities and or religion, indifferent of feelings of bigotry intolerance hatred and persecution that adherents feel as a result.
Neo-Atheist ideology does not respect religion or support policies supporting the freedom of it as expressed in the First Amendment..
John

United States

#71336 Apr 16, 2013
This ^
John

United States

#71337 Apr 16, 2013
You loons get awfully quiet when someone offers to debate their something vs your nothing.

Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#71338 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Neo-Atheist ideology does not respect religion or support policies supporting the freedom of it as expressed in the First Amendment..
Do you support Islam? Do you support Muhammed as the final prophet of God? Or do you support Hinduism and their multiple gods?

Fact is you are an atheist with respect to 000s of gods, and all the world religions past and present, except one. I doubt you show these sufficient respect! But please correct me if I am wrong.
John

United States

#71339 Apr 16, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,481 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71341 Apr 16, 2013
John wrote:
Time for a history lesson-- Stumpy's first post,#7 (he did not even start this thread---another lie of Stump-John's)

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
john wrote:
Unfortunately, many atheists are antitheists. Foreshadowing where this thread will end up I'll ask a simple question. What position are defending? Disbelief is ot belief, and mocking religion/God is usually the response to a simple question. Stump an antitheist! Ask him what he believes.
Post 8 was just a comment, then an atheist answers his "question", then Stumpy "answers" in a very peculiar way, post 10

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that man has made 1000's of god over the years.The christian god is just one of them.

I believe the earth tobe billions of years old.

I believe the earth tobe a sphere and that the earth rotates around the sun.

I believe man evolved from lower life forms.

I believe that the number of atheist well keep growing.
Notice how dishonest Stumpy is, here: he simply dismisses the ANSWERS without a single argument! Not even one-- just nonsensical, toddler-speak!

John wrote:
1. Sure that's obvious. However, that's disbelief. 1,000's claimed to be Elvis, but, one was. Maybe if you had something to defend we could discuss further.
2.great
3.fine
4.wonderful
5.so what.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Science that's repeatable and observable.
Clearly, Stumpy-has been LYING from his first post!

Imagine that?
John

United States

#71342 Apr 16, 2013
Ever since I embarrased you so thoroughly proving you to be a liar you desperately reach. I half read your crap. I didn't say I started the forum liar. When did you stop beating your wife?

I don't care if you believe love is eternal. The earth is x. Walmart is bad for mom and pops LOL. Try origin. That is self explanatory to most people.

Still enjoying proving you to be a liar :)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71343 Apr 16, 2013
John wrote:
Ever since I embarrased you so thoroughly proving you to be a liar ...
You keep repeating this lie, but you keep failing to prove it.

Why?

Oh!

Lying is the FIRST POST YOU DID, back when.

I see you have not departed from that initial habit.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71344 Apr 16, 2013
Time for a history lesson-- Stumpy's first post,#7 (he did not even start this thread---another lie of Stump-John's)

john wrote:
Unfortunately, many atheists are antitheists. Foreshadowing where this thread will end up I'll ask a simple question. What position are defending? Disbelief is ot belief, and mocking religion/God is usually the response to a simple question. Stump an antitheist! Ask him what he believes.
Post 8 was just a comment, then an atheist answers his "question", then Stumpy "answers" in a very peculiar way, post 10

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that man has made 1000's of god over the years.The christian god is just one of them.

I believe the earth tobe billions of years old.

I believe the earth tobe a sphere and that the earth rotates around the sun.

I believe man evolved from lower life forms.

I believe that the number of atheist well keep growing.
Notice how dishonest Stumpy is, here: he simply dismisses the ANSWERS without a single argument! Not even one-- just nonsensical, toddler-speak!

John wrote:
1. Sure that's obvious. However, that's disbelief. 1,000's claimed to be Elvis, but, one was. Maybe if you had something to defend we could discuss further.
2.great
3.fine
4.wonderful
5.so what.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Science that's repeatable and observable.
Clearly, Stumpy-has been LYING from his first post!

Imagine that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Dogen 77,153
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 18 min Frindly 1,098
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 21 min Frindly 32,304
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr Frindly 948
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 hr Aerobatty 258,484
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 11 hr The FACTory 4,334
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... Wed Roec 1
More from around the web