Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#71304 Apr 15, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Belief is involuntary; nothing involuntary is meritorious or reprehensible. A man ought not to be considered worse or better for his belief.
Percy Bysshe Shelley,
"Declaration of Rights"
"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis." ~Sigmund Freud

"The whole thing is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life." ~Sigmund Freud

“Gods are children's blankets that get carried over into adulthood.”~James Randi

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71305 Apr 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
the cult with no proof...how sad.
Yes... yes it is quite sad.
John

United States

#71306 Apr 15, 2013
Hey look a group of nonclaimers with an exposed evidentiary standard want to decide the evidence of others beliefs in their own forum. Bizarre.

This always gets them though. I contend the preponderance of evidence is decidely on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position. Now comes the part where they hoot and howl about their so-called nonclaim.

Nothing to see here but bigots lurkers.

Another winning day for the undefeated prime mover!

Nothing Bless
John

United States

#71307 Apr 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... yes it is quite sad.
Hey Bob just wanted to remind you how much I enjoyed exposing you as a liar. Multiple times at that. I don't know how you could have an ego, but I hurt it nonetheless.

Tell me more about your nothing or Obamas 11 million jobs Bwahahaha.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71308 Apr 15, 2013
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence is decidely on the side of a prime mover ...
Yes-- you keep saying this.

But you NEVER-EVER show this... "evidence".

You don't even show ... an ARGUMENT.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71309 Apr 15, 2013
Time for a history lesson-- Stumpy's first post,#7 (he did not even start this thread---

another lie of Stump-John's)

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
john wrote:
Unfortunately, many atheists are antitheists. Foreshadowing where this

thread will end up I'll ask a simple question. What position are defending? Disbelief is

not belief, and mocking religion/God is usually the response to a simple question. Stump an

antitheist! Ask him what he believes.
Post 8 was just a comment, an atheist answers his "question", then Stumpy "answers" in a

paculare way, post 10

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that man has made 1000's of god over the years.The christian god is just one of

them.
I believe the earth tobe billions of years old.
I believe the earth tobe a sphere and that the earth rotates around the sun.
I believe man evolved from lower life forms.
I believe that the number of atheist well keep growing.
Notice how dishonest Stumpy is, here: he simply dismisses the ANSWERS without a single argument! Not even one-- just nonsensical, toddler-speak!

John wrote:
1. Sure that's obvious. However, that's disbelief. 1,000's claimed to be

Elvis, but, one was. Maybe if you had something to defend we could discuss further.
2.great
3.fine
4.wonderful
5.so what.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Science that's repeatable and observable.
Clearly, Stumpy-has been LYING from his first post!

Imagine that?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71310 Apr 15, 2013
Time for a history lesson-- Stumpy's first post,#7 (he did not even start this thread---

john wrote:
Unfortunately, many atheists are antitheists. Foreshadowing where this

thread will end up I'll ask a simple question. What position are defending? Disbelief is

not belief, and mocking religion/God is usually the response to a simple question. Stump an

antitheist! Ask him what he believes.
Post 8 was just a comment, an atheist answers his "question", then Stumpy "answers" in a very peculiar way, post 10

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that man has made 1000's of god over the years.The christian god is just one of

them.
I believe the earth tobe billions of years old.
I believe the earth tobe a sphere and that the earth rotates around the sun.
I believe man evolved from lower life forms.
I believe that the number of atheist well keep growing.
Notice how dishonest Stumpy is, here: he simply dismisses the ANSWERS without a single argument! Not even one-- just nonsensical, toddler-speak!

John wrote:
1. Sure that's obvious. However, that's disbelief. 1,000's claimed to be

Elvis, but, one was. Maybe if you had something to defend we could discuss further.
2.great
3.fine
4.wonderful
5.so what.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Science that's repeatable and observable.

Imagine that?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#71311 Apr 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the same thing that atheists have = absolutely no proof of god whatsoever.
This scares you.
I think I decided several days ago to not respond to John any more, because there seems no point responded to someone who doesn't seem to be able to think.

Why is it so difficult to understand that not believing in a god does not imply that you have some sort of an agenda?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71312 Apr 15, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bob just wanted to remind you how much I enjoyed exposing you as a liar. Multiple times at that.
Only in your delusional dreams, azzhole.

Only in your delusional dreams---- what you call "evidence", everyone else in the universe calls "lies".

But that's how you roll: you lie.

Pretty much 100% of the time, too.

Did you like my history lesson? Proving you to be the little liar everyone knows?

LOL!
John

United States

#71313 Apr 16, 2013
Thanks for linking your irrelevant answers Bob. That's quite the noncase you have. It actually confirms my contentions but your not sharp enough to realize that. Your not sharp enough not to get caught in lies either.

Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing more. How many years will it take for me to realize your totally benign nothing?

Welcome to Stumpville!
Lincoln

United States

#71314 Apr 16, 2013
John wrote:
Thanks for linking your irrelevant answers Bob. That's quite the noncase you have. It actually confirms my contentions but your not sharp enough to realize that. Your not sharp enough not to get caught in lies either.
Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing more. How many years will it take for me to realize your totally benign nothing?
Welcome to Stumpville!
Seems to be a fundamentalist in his attacks on his personal windmills
Lincoln

United States

#71315 Apr 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Post 8 was just a comment, an atheist answers his "question", then Stumpy "answers" in a very peculiar way, post 10
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Imagine that?
Excellent collection of "quoting out of context."
Does this interfere with time devoted to your ant farm?
Have a good day and feed the ants
Thinking

Sheffield, UK

#71316 Apr 16, 2013
Why doesn't your god myth heal amputees?
John wrote:
Welcome to Stumpville!
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#71317 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent collection of "quoting out of context."
Does this interfere with time devoted to your ant farm?
Have a good day and feed the ants
Awe

Consider the much used Ad Infinitum Atheist Quote

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
Anon

Peace on earth?
Not as long as any religion exists!

Atheists do not care which deity you choose to worship. We DO NOT believe in deities or any religions that support these imaginary deities.
Science is expanding, and with it our vision of the universe. Although this new and constantly changing view may not always give us comfort, it does have the virtue of truth according to our most effective resources for acquiring knowledge.

Seek another venue that supports your beliefs.
You will CONVERT no atheists.

If it is converts to your faith you seek… the Muslim world awaits with open Qurans and Sharia law.

They desperately need your guidance! Prevent another 9/11!

Be the one infidel that rescues the Muslim world!

Saudi Arabia would be a good place to take your Bible and do a little preaching Jesus would love you for it
Lincoln

United States

#71318 Apr 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe
Consider the much used Ad Infinitum Atheist Quote
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
Anon
Peace on earth?
Not as long as any religion exists!
Atheists do not care which deity you choose to worship. We DO NOT believe in deities or any religions that support these imaginary deities.
Science is expanding, and with it our vision of the universe. Although this new and constantly changing view may not always give us comfort, it does have the virtue of truth according to our most effective resources for acquiring knowledge.
Seek another venue that supports your beliefs.
You will CONVERT no atheists.
If it is converts to your faith you seek… the Muslim world awaits with open Qurans and Sharia law.
They desperately need your guidance! Prevent another 9/11!
Be the one infidel that rescues the Muslim world!

Saudi Arabia would be a good place to take your Bible and do a little preaching Jesus would love you for it
Non Islamic need to have a certificate of Baptism in Saudi Arabia go prove they are not Jewish.
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#71319 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Non Islamic need to have a certificate of Baptism in Saudi Arabia go prove they are not Jewish.
But but but you have been baptized what's holding you back?

Cowardice - fear that Jesus will not protect you?

Fear that some Muslim imam might think your head belonged better on the ground than on your shoulders?

Irony

Jews created the religion Christians and Muslims adopted and modified and now follow but each Share a rather robust hatred of Jews.

“A knowing simplicity is easily distinguished from the barrenness of ignorance.”
— Charles B. Rogers
Lincoln

United States

#71320 Apr 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
But but but you have been baptized what's holding you back?
Cowardice - fear that Jesus will not protect you?
Fear that some Muslim imam might think your head belonged better on the ground than on your shoulders?
Irony
Jews created the religion Christians and Muslims adopted and modified and now follow but each Share a rather robust hatred of Jews.
“A knowing simplicity is easily distinguished from the barrenness of ignorance.”
— Charles B. Rogers
A Jewish friend tried to work as a security official under contract with the US Government in Saudi Arabia and was told He need a certificate of baptism.

You do not have to be Christian to find atheism funny :-)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71321 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
A Jewish friend tried to work as a security official under contract with the US Government in Saudi Arabia and was told He need a certificate of baptism.
Oh look its the weasel Lincoln, with no proof of god, attacking atheists again with made up anecdotes.

You are wortheless scum like your cult.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#71322 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
that story points out the idiocy of religious cults , not of being an atheist or freethinker...
Lincoln

United States

#71323 Apr 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that story points out the idiocy of religious cults , not of being an atheist or freethinker...
You and I are most likely, Not moving to Saudi Arabia.
Fanatics seem the enemy, religious or non religious.
A fanatic bombed Boston.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 44 min replaytime 48,718
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 50 min replaytime 23,539
News In defense of faith 4 hr karl44 6
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 6 hr Uncle Sam 70
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr Thinking 21,881
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 9 hr Into The Night 5,705
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 13 hr Amused 3
More from around the web