Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,981

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#70939 Apr 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Christian ideals such as slavery, which your cult god openly endorses as OK, and subjugating women, and killing people that don't belive in the same god...
great ideals, huh?
Killer ideas in fact! Provided of course you trust the Bible!

I must say God has an inordinate fondness for beetles !

Now back to killing on a grand scale!

1- The entire population of the earth at the time of Noah, except for eight survivors.(Genesis 7:23)

Yeah - you got to admit this boy likes killing

2- Everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah.(Genesis 19:24,25)
3- Amalek and his people.(Exodus 17:816)
4- 3,000 Israelites.(Exodus 32:27,28)
5- 14,700 Jews.(Numbers 16:4449)
6- The people of Og. "So they smote him, and his sons, and all his people, until there was none left him alive: and they possessed his land." (Numbers 21:3335)
7- 24,000 people.(Numbers 25:49)
8- All Midianite males.(Numbers 31:612)
9- The Ammonites.(Deuteronomy 2:1921)
10-The Horims.(Deuteronomy 2:22)
11-The Amorites. "…utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones." (Deuteronomy 2:3335)
12-The Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. "... thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them;" (Deuteronomy 7:15)
13- Everyone in Jericho but one family.(Joshua 6:2025)
14-12,000 people of Ai.(Joshua 8:1929)
15-All the people of Makkedah.(Joshua 10:28)
16-All the people of Libnah.(Joshua 10:29,30)
17-All the people of Gezer.(Joshua 10:33)
18-All the people of Eglon.(Joshua 10:34,35)
19-All the people of Hebron.(Joshua 10:36,37)
20-10,000 Perizzites and Canaanites.(Judges 1:4)
21-All the inhabitants of the land of Goshen "... neither left they any to breathe." (Joshua 11:1216)
22-The inhabitants of Hormah, Gaza, Askelon, Ekron.(Judges 1:1719)
23-10,000 Moabites.(Judges 3:29)
24-600 Philistines.(Judges 3:31)
25-All the hosts of Sisera.(Judges 4:16)
26-120,000 Midianites.(Judges 8:10)
27-1,000 Philistines.(Judges 15:15)
28-25,100 Benjaminites.(Judges 20:35)
29-50,070 people of Bethshemesh.(1 Samuel 6:19)
30-All the Amalekites. "Slay both man and woman, infant and suckling…." (1 Samuel 15:37)
31-200 Philistine men, in order to obtain their foreskins as the price for buying a bride.(1 Samuel 18:27)
32-22,000 Syrians.(2 Samuel 8:5)
33-40,000+ Syrians.(2 Samuel 10:18)
34-The Ammonites of Rabbah, who were tortured to death by the great King David.(2 Samuel 12:2931)
35-70,000 people.(2 Samuel 24:15)
36-Every man in Edom.(1 Kings 11:15)
37-All the prophets of Baal.(1 Kings 18:40)
38-127,000 Syrians.(1 Kings 20:2830)
39-Moabite captains & "fifties." (2 Kings 1:914)
40-42 children, eaten by bears.(2 Kings 2:23,24)
41-185,000 Assyrians killed in their sleep.(2 Kings 19:35)
42-500,000 men of Israel.(2 Chronicles 13:1620)
43-20,000 Edomites.(2 Chronicles 25:11,12)
44-120,000 Judeans in one day.(2 Chronicles 28:5,6)
45-75,500+ people.(Esther 9:1214)

But there's so much more! "And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt…." (Exodus 12:29)

But he loves you

Lmao
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#70940 Apr 8, 2013
What christian ideals are unique?
John wrote:
So, don't strive for Christian ideals? You guys need to make up your minds. Maybe you could be more clear about what you believe.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70941 Apr 8, 2013
Oh my!! You don't believe the words in the bible though. Shouldn't we ban this cult for the safety of others? Please suggest appropriate avenues to eradicate this dangerous group.

Fight that God, march, march, hate, hate, march.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70942 Apr 8, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,120 + posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70947 Apr 8, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Based on my education alone, I know that I have more education than you. I know I am right. Your posts are just further evidence. You are not faking ignorance, you are revealing your ignorance.
What does attending church have to do with being a Christian? Nothing.
What is not surprising is this? 80% of Canadians with AIDS are gays and despite the acceptance of gays in Canada, the suicide rate of gays parallels that in the USA.
No surprise, since homosexuality is a mental illness. Come on, what sane person would have unprotected male anal sex when ALL AIDS cases have either a direct or indirect MSM component. That is the definition of a mental disorder and that truth is a loving thing to let gays know. Your lie is to let them die.
I don't think any sane person would have unprotected sex with someone they know has a disease, but I aslo don't know of any people who have done that. I am not that familiar with gays, since I currently don't know any personally, though I have known a few in the past. I am not sure how the gay issue came into your saying you are more educated than I am, but your opinions on gays would tend to indicate that you have very little formal education, other than enough you can rad, write and operate a computer.

Bottom line is that you don't post as an intelligent person would post here, so whether you hold a higher level of education than I do is rather irrelevant when you don't exhibit evidence that your higher education has assisted you in reasoning, which I believe is one of the main reasons for higher education, since, especially nowadays, one cannot guarantee that what one gets an education in, will even have any jobs in a few years. The education though does help you to think and to deal with various things you may face later on.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70948 Apr 8, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>No, slavery is a gay idea, which your gay cult devil openly endorses as Ok, and gay men hate women and blacks, and killing children and raping them just because same sex coupling only leads to disease and no procreation or children.....great ideas,huh?
the god of your cult clearly says that slavery is OK...

nice morals of that man-made god, huh?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70949 Apr 8, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, blame the polls. The polls always lie when they do not support your bigotry and hate. What is funny is you, an atheist, trying to debate numbers. Your atheist numbers are only up in communist and evil dictatorship countries, which kill gays just for fun and sport.
I have no use for communism or evil dictatorships, so I don't know why you would mention that to me. Not believing in the God that you believe in makes me one of about 2/3 of the world's population. Not believing in any God makes me one of a bit fewer people in the world, and that number is growing. Yes some religions are growing too, but that growth is mainly due to the very large population growth over the past century, because the traditional religions have lost many of the people that formerly were religious.

However the numbers of believers has no bearing on whether or not a god exists, it just tells you what number of people believe that a god exists. None of these people know that a god exists, including you.
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#70950 Apr 8, 2013
Well it's time for me to go back my slot game I've had enough amusement for a few hours.

Immortal Imhotep souhaite à tous un merveilleux après-midi

;)
John

United States

#70951 Apr 8, 2013
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise. 6
John

United States

#70952 Apr 8, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 2
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#70953 Apr 8, 2013
I believe you're too cu*ting stupid to use "reply" properly.
John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 2
John

United States

#70954 Apr 8, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. 1

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70955 Apr 8, 2013
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
So no proof of god then.

You use an awful lot of space to say very little. It must be part of your mental illness of faith, poor fellow.

Location hidden

#70956 Apr 8, 2013
John wrote:
So no proof of god. Should of sh*t the f*ck up instead of wasting precious forum space with your mentally ill religious gibberish.
John

United States

#70957 Apr 8, 2013
Your entire forum is nothing loon. I notice you want no part of my challenge that the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs ??????.

If I put a frog in a blender, cover, and wait a million years its still frog soup. Your magic science is anti-science.

So no evidence in this arena that meets the standards you hold others accountable to then? Dime a dozen bigots.
John

United States

#70958 Apr 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
So no proof of god. Should of sh*t the f*ck up instead of wasting precious forum space with your mentally ill religious gibberish.
LOL. Religion is your axe precious. We know you like to skip steps though. Kisses.
John

United States

#70959 Apr 8, 2013
Christianity is the greatest institutional source for good the world has ever known. This is your target so let me help you out. Magic science! Just you wait lmao.

Location hidden

#70960 Apr 8, 2013
John wrote:
Your entire forum is nothing loon. I notice you want no part of my challenge that the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs ??????.
If I put a frog in a blender, cover, and wait a million years its still frog soup. Your magic science is anti-science.
So no evidence in this arena that meets the standards you hold others accountable to then? Dime a dozen bigots.
So no proof of god you're lying about. You want atheists to have morals but you demonstrate dishonesty every single day you refuse to provide proof of the god you claim to judge us by.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70961 Apr 8, 2013
John, what kind of evidence do we need to consider? You often talk about our standard of evidence... How does "our" standard differ from yours?

Honest question.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70962 Apr 8, 2013
I'm going to play devils advocate here for a second (haha.... Anyway..) and suggest that the atheists in here try to be as civil as they want the Christians to be. I honestly do like many of you and your responses.... And yes no matter how calm we are they will still say nasty things... Oh well...

Just notice how calm and collected Boooots is... He is still called a bigot and a racist... But notice what opinions you make of the people who can keep themselves under control and the ones who can't.

Probably a waste of time... But I enjoy more peaceful conversations...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 min I can read 22,546
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Attention 228,046
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 1 hr Patrick 4,516
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Patrick 527
Here's a place for Patrick's off-topic articles 1 hr Thinking 2
Indiana Governor Mike Pence Stands Up to Atheis... 2 hr Liam R 17
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 2 hr BeHereNow 365
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE