Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John K

Akron, OH

#70993 Apr 8, 2013
I wonder if there is any way to get the full text of this forum in one file and filter out all of the other John's comments and see just how many of his post are just copy n paste? I would wager to say that 60 to 80 percent of his post are copy's. He seems to have three main ones he paste in quick succession. He seems to be a hollow shell, all veneer but no real substance. The only good that can ever come from his continued cut and paste's is that as long as he is spending time on this forum he is not interacting with any one else. We wouldn't want him harming anyone else would we?
Our goal should be to keep him occupied until the authorities can locate him and get him some help. This is for real. This person needs real help. How do we go about get him the help he most desperately needs?
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#70994 Apr 8, 2013
Imhotep's scribes have Magically resurrected a Marvelous poem ;)

Pretty Good (Great Poem by Charles Osgood)
The Osgood Files | 1986 | Charles Osgood

There once was a pretty good student

Who sat in a pretty good class

And was taught by a pretty good teacher

Who always let pretty good pass.

He wasn’t terrific at reading,

He wasn’t a whiz-bang at math,

But for him, education was leading

Straight down a pretty good path.

He didn’t find school too exciting,

But he wanted to do pretty well,

And he did have some trouble with writing

Since nobody taught him to spell.

When doing arithmetic problems,

Pretty good was regarded as fine.

5+5 needn’t always add up to be 10;

A pretty good answer was 9.

The pretty good class that he sat in

Was part of a pretty good school,

And the student was not an exception:

On the contrary, he was the rule.

The pretty good school that he went to

Was there in a pretty good town,

And nobody there seemed to notice

He could not tell a verb from a noun.

The pretty good student in fact was

Part of a pretty good mob.

And the first time he knew what he lacked was

When he looked for a pretty good job.

It was then, when he sought a position,

He discovered that life could be tough,

And he soon had a sneaking suspicion

Pretty good might not be good enough.

The pretty good town in our story

Was part of a pretty good state

Which had pretty good aspirations

And prayed for a pretty good fate.

There once was a pretty good nation

Pretty proud of the greatness it had,

Which learned much too late,

If you want to be great,

Pretty good is, in fact, pretty bad.

This is an old poem, but excellent. The condoning and embracing of mediocrity is one of the biggest problems we face in society.
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#70995 Apr 8, 2013
John K wrote:
I wonder if there is any way to get the full text of this forum in one file and filter out all of the other John's comments and see just how many of his post are just copy n paste? I would wager to say that 60 to 80 percent of his post are copy's. He seems to have three main ones he paste in quick succession. He seems to be a hollow shell, all veneer but no real substance. The only good that can ever come from his continued cut and paste's is that as long as he is spending time on this forum he is not interacting with any one else. We wouldn't want him harming anyone else would we?
Our goal should be to keep him occupied until the authorities can locate him and get him some help. This is for real. This person needs real help. How do we go about get him the help he most desperately needs?
He should increase his Thorazine to 500 mg

There's no need to keep him occupied
24 seven Robo poster that thrives on attention

To quote the late great Tennessee Ernie Ford

This boys more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs

I don't waste my time replying
Dudes got the social life of a barn owl

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70996 Apr 8, 2013
John wrote:
How do you know you aren't gay Bob?
Because... science. That's why.

Your ugly and bigoted bible-god had nothing to do with it either.

Even though your racist and bigoted world-view would murder all gay people as horribly as you could imagine?

Your side LOST the last election.

And more and more states agree-- equality under the law is morally and ethically right.

Against your immoral bible.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70997 Apr 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I doubt you're going to get anywhere with Bob.
If you're looking for co*k, try here.
gaychristiandating.com
<quoted text>
Brilliant! I bet Nothing-John bookmarks that right away.

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71000 Apr 8, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, 41 states and 190 countries agree that equality under the law is morally and ethically rights as a marriage only between man and a woman.
Only due to pressure from religious bigots, such as yourself.

But times are a'changing-- your bigotry is being rolled back more and more around the world.

I suggest you move to a Theocracy, such as Iran. You'd love it: they hang/behead gays.

You'll fit right in.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71001 Apr 8, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you tried and like it. Yuck, loser.
Nope-- I have thought about it-- and it's just does not interest me at all.

So what?

I think equality is the only moral choice to make-- but you choose bigotry instead.

Your pathetic attempts to "insult" me do not work-- I'd rather be gay, than a bigot like you.

Your hate is showing, Bigot.

Who Would Jesus Hate?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#71002 Apr 9, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of dead Poles and Russians at the hand of atheists in the Red Guard in the Soviet Union.
They may disagree with atheism
I'd imagine that they would look for the atheist's bible and find that none exist. The Czarist era was not much better was it? But unlike the Communist era, those who research the bible will see that all the pograms, oppression of serfs and women, and killing of dissidents, all all sanctioned by the buybull. After all, the buybull commands that kings be obeyed and that they can only be judged by God alone.After all the buybull commands slaves to obey masters and women their husbands.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#71003 Apr 9, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
John, what kind of evidence do we need to consider? You often talk about our standard of evidence... How does "our" standard differ from yours?
Honest question.
The coward refuses to answer your question. Instead he would rather continue with his rambling.
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#71004 Apr 9, 2013
Are there 38000+ sects of Atheism?

No.
Lincoln wrote:
atheists can be as evangelistic as any southern baptist.
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#71005 Apr 9, 2013
Probably - but we'll never know.
He's too dumb to use the reply button correctly.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant! I bet Nothing-John bookmarks that right away.
LOL!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71006 Apr 9, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of dead Poles and Russians at the hand of atheists in the Red Guard in the Soviet Union.
They may disagree with atheism
Atheism = lack of belief in god.

Explain to us all where it says we have to kill everybody. Oh yeah, that's your bible isn't it?
Lincoln

United States

#71007 Apr 9, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Are there 38000+ sects of Atheism?
No.
<quoted text>
Intelligent design is unscientific and this may be a consolation to atheist posters
John

United States

#71008 Apr 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Because... science. That's why.
Your ugly and bigoted bible-god had nothing to do with it either.
Even though your racist and bigoted world-view would murder all gay people as horribly as you could imagine?
Your side LOST the last election.
And more and more states agree-- equality under the law is morally and ethically right.
Against your immoral bible.
Because science that's why. Duh. Of course. Every answer can be summed up because science LOL. The science is that orgasms are pleasurable. You can achieve those in multiple ways. Why do you discriminate against gays? I hope you are planning to round them up and silence them. That's generally what atheists do when they achieve power. Ride the baloney pony Bob. Thinking seems interested. Science LOL.
John

United States

#71009 Apr 9, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,190 + posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
John

United States

#71010 Apr 9, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. 8

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71011 Apr 9, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Probably - but we'll never know.
He's too dumb to use the reply button correctly.
<quoted text>
Indeed he is--

-- it goes well with his too dumb to get that the ReThuglicans >>only<< care about the 1% and not about his family (nor anyone he cares about) in the slightest.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71012 Apr 9, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Because science that's why. Duh. Of course.
In the multi-thousand year history of the human race?

Religion has contributed ... what?

Answer: nothing new. Not a single idea that is original.

In the last 200 years or so that science has been used by people, what has been discovered by science?

Answer: everything we know today. The computer you use to access Topix? Science. The internet? Science. Modern computer software? Science. That car you drive? Science.

So you damn betcha because science.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71013 Apr 9, 2013
John wrote:
Why do you discriminate against gays?
I don't. I believe that the LAW should apply EQUALLY-- and that gays should have the same rights and protections under the LAW as anyone else.

Including the right to marry the person of their choice--so long as everyone involved is an adult.

You? You would be just like Islam, and have them killed.

That is the legacy of your ugly religion.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71014 Apr 9, 2013
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed a...
I believe you are a demonstrated idiot.

I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.

I believe you have been shown to be an uneducated moron.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

I believe you are uneducated, and likely never completed high school.

Shall I go on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min One way or another 34,617
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 45 min Uncle Sam 14,891
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 2 hr ATHEOI 110
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 4 hr Lawrence Wolf 396
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr ChristineM 255,503
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 hr ChristineM 20,053
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 12 hr emperorjohn 4,468
More from around the web