Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Thinking

Bolton, UK

#70977 Apr 8, 2013
I doubt you're going to get anywhere with Bob.
If you're looking for co*k, try here.

gaychristiandating.com
John wrote:
How do you know you aren't gay Bob? Perhaps social mores and upbringing has clouded your judgment. Are you anti-science as well? An orgasm releases chemicals that create a feeling of pleasure. You claim no moral qualms with homosexual sex and have described it as natural and normal. You hate gays and are intolerant. Increase your odds, unless you are a bigot.
Feelings can't be trusted. Go with the science.,
Lincoln

United States

#70978 Apr 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
gaychristiandating.com
<quoted text>
Bob has stopped posting "jewsus"

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70979 Apr 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of dead Poles and Russians at the hand of atheists in the Red Guard in the Soviet Union.
They may disagree with atheism
nope. they were people of faith killing millions of other humans. this is what people of faith do.

why do you have to knowingly lie about others for your cult?
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#70980 Apr 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant!
And spot-on correct.
Thank you sir

I aims to please Massa!

Occasionally I drift off into the political arena just for a few laughs

I see you're up to your usual standards of commenting to the Robo poster

I understand you enjoy playing with this twit

It's really a shame it's lost On our resident Robo poster. kudos great work - Tedious but brilliant

This is well beyond the mental reach of the poster She's forever stuck on stupid

Facts are the one thing Jesus Roaches® remain unable to fathom - I don't feel sorry for em!

My observation
This one has the social life of a Barn Owl!
Lincoln

United States

#70981 Apr 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nope. they were people of faith killing millions of other humans. this is what people of faith do.
why do you have to knowingly lie about others for your cult?
If you think Stalin was "a person of faith" you illustrate atheist denial .

Mao a person of faith :-)
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#70982 Apr 8, 2013
Maybe jewsus should be sent by courier instead.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob has stopped posting "jewsus"
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#70983 Apr 8, 2013
These cults, Mao, jesus, Hitler, mohammed... All awful.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think Stalin was "a person of faith" you illustrate atheist denial .
Mao a person of faith :-)
Lincoln

United States

#70984 Apr 8, 2013
atheists can be as evangelistic as any southern baptist.
John

United States

#70985 Apr 8, 2013
You loons are wrong on almost every single topic. You either can't quantify evidence you hold others accountable to-nothingism; cheerlead for a quantifiably proven failure in Obama, flee from naming an institution that has been a greater source of good than Christianity,,,

Dance bigot puppets dance. Excuse me march. Just disbelief nothing more Bwahahaha.

I for one am glad you are showing your hand. You know how your parents and relatives cringe and act as if they are glad to see you on Thanksgiving? That's what Constitutional Americans are doing now. Dinner doesn't always end well though does it?
John

United States

#70986 Apr 8, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. 3
John

United States

#70987 Apr 8, 2013
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise. 7

Since: Nov 12

Pittsburgh, PA

#70988 Apr 8, 2013
John, what kind of evidence do we need to consider? You often talk about our standard of evidence... How does "our" standard differ from yours?

Honest question.
John

United States

#70989 Apr 8, 2013
I'm sure it is. Been covered in year two and three. I think I even posted along these lines in a response to you.

Do you really think simple disbelief is the motivator here and if you do why is it taking 68,000 posts? Honest question.
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#70990 Apr 8, 2013
Does this remind anyone of somebody on this thread? < Rolls eyes>

PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)—Saying that he could “no longer keep up the punishing pace of sabre rattling seven days a week,” North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un said today that beginning this month he will take weekends off from vowing to incinerate the world.

After the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) released a revised April Threat Schedule showing that Kim’s declarations of war and doomsday ultimatums would be limited to Monday through Friday, North Korea’s Supreme Leader explained his decision to make his weekends threat-free:“Dad always told me that you have to pace yourself in this job. The biggest danger isn’t the United States—it’s burnout.”

Kim said that he made his decision over the past weekend, after he issued his forty-ninth official statement threatening to engulf the mainland U.S. in a nuclear Armageddon:“I was in the middle of saying ‘infernal sea of fire,’ and I kind of realized, hey, I’m just phoning it in. And I never want to be that guy.”

By resting his violent rhetoric on weekends, Kim said,“On Monday through Friday I’ll have the insanity and unmitigated rage necessary to do this job right.”

Referring to his streak of three hundred and fifty-two consecutive days in which he threatened to destroy the world, Kim said,“I’m proud of it, sure. But nothing lasts forever.”

Kim began the month of April with a fresh round of threats, announcing today that North Korea had blocked South Korea on Pinterest.
John

United States

#70991 Apr 8, 2013
That's pretty good! I'll sum up your relevant contributions in my next post.
John K

Akron, OH

#70993 Apr 8, 2013
I wonder if there is any way to get the full text of this forum in one file and filter out all of the other John's comments and see just how many of his post are just copy n paste? I would wager to say that 60 to 80 percent of his post are copy's. He seems to have three main ones he paste in quick succession. He seems to be a hollow shell, all veneer but no real substance. The only good that can ever come from his continued cut and paste's is that as long as he is spending time on this forum he is not interacting with any one else. We wouldn't want him harming anyone else would we?
Our goal should be to keep him occupied until the authorities can locate him and get him some help. This is for real. This person needs real help. How do we go about get him the help he most desperately needs?
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#70994 Apr 8, 2013
Imhotep's scribes have Magically resurrected a Marvelous poem ;)

Pretty Good (Great Poem by Charles Osgood)
The Osgood Files | 1986 | Charles Osgood

There once was a pretty good student

Who sat in a pretty good class

And was taught by a pretty good teacher

Who always let pretty good pass.

He wasn’t terrific at reading,

He wasn’t a whiz-bang at math,

But for him, education was leading

Straight down a pretty good path.

He didn’t find school too exciting,

But he wanted to do pretty well,

And he did have some trouble with writing

Since nobody taught him to spell.

When doing arithmetic problems,

Pretty good was regarded as fine.

5+5 needn’t always add up to be 10;

A pretty good answer was 9.

The pretty good class that he sat in

Was part of a pretty good school,

And the student was not an exception:

On the contrary, he was the rule.

The pretty good school that he went to

Was there in a pretty good town,

And nobody there seemed to notice

He could not tell a verb from a noun.

The pretty good student in fact was

Part of a pretty good mob.

And the first time he knew what he lacked was

When he looked for a pretty good job.

It was then, when he sought a position,

He discovered that life could be tough,

And he soon had a sneaking suspicion

Pretty good might not be good enough.

The pretty good town in our story

Was part of a pretty good state

Which had pretty good aspirations

And prayed for a pretty good fate.

There once was a pretty good nation

Pretty proud of the greatness it had,

Which learned much too late,

If you want to be great,

Pretty good is, in fact, pretty bad.

This is an old poem, but excellent. The condoning and embracing of mediocrity is one of the biggest problems we face in society.
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#70995 Apr 8, 2013
John K wrote:
I wonder if there is any way to get the full text of this forum in one file and filter out all of the other John's comments and see just how many of his post are just copy n paste? I would wager to say that 60 to 80 percent of his post are copy's. He seems to have three main ones he paste in quick succession. He seems to be a hollow shell, all veneer but no real substance. The only good that can ever come from his continued cut and paste's is that as long as he is spending time on this forum he is not interacting with any one else. We wouldn't want him harming anyone else would we?
Our goal should be to keep him occupied until the authorities can locate him and get him some help. This is for real. This person needs real help. How do we go about get him the help he most desperately needs?
He should increase his Thorazine to 500 mg

There's no need to keep him occupied
24 seven Robo poster that thrives on attention

To quote the late great Tennessee Ernie Ford

This boys more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs

I don't waste my time replying
Dudes got the social life of a barn owl

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70996 Apr 8, 2013
John wrote:
How do you know you aren't gay Bob?
Because... science. That's why.

Your ugly and bigoted bible-god had nothing to do with it either.

Even though your racist and bigoted world-view would murder all gay people as horribly as you could imagine?

Your side LOST the last election.

And more and more states agree-- equality under the law is morally and ethically right.

Against your immoral bible.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70997 Apr 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
gaychristiandating.com
<quoted text>
Brilliant! I bet Nothing-John bookmarks that right away.

LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr marlboro man 77,144
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 7 hr The FACTory 941
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr Aerobatty 258,484
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 8 hr The FACTory 4,334
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 hr The FACTory 32,301
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... Wed Roec 1
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web