Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
67,701 - 67,720 of 70,983 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70542 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe~
So no proof of god then John, you chat so much sh*t it's astonishing.

How many lies can one man tell about a god he has absolutely no proof of.
John

United States

#70543 Apr 3, 2013
You do realize you loons talk about God more than I do!? I simple exposed your evidentiary standard and challenged you to compare your nothing to my something.

You have chosen two responses:
1. Repeating for five years you simply don't believe.
2. attempting to marginalize a God you don't believe in.

Next!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70544 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped my questions bigot. I do prefer that to your lies however. You don't believe in Jesus. How bizarre to keep posting about him and nothing about your nothing.
Thanks for nothing.
You keep IGNORING MY QUESTION, John:

Who Would Jesus Hate?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70545 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
I would like your list of beliefs I can and cannot have fuhrer.

Who Would Jesus Hate?

You also failed to show ANY argument for a... "prime move".

Why?

You afraid to debate?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70546 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 67,720 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Who Would Jesus Hate?

Still no argument for "prime mover".

Why?
Imhotep

United States

#70547 Apr 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Who Would Jesus Hate?
Why?
You certainly have stamina my friend I wouldn't put up with this twerp 30 seconds!

Of course he has no answer none of them do!
I thought you understood he knows the unknowable?

I think you'll like this one

Little Johnny is failing arithmetic.

Exasperated his parents decided to hire a tutor but to no avail - finally they enroll him in a parochial school.

His first exam is all A's.

Amazed at the stunning progress his parents are interested in how he achieved these grades.

They ask him if the teachers were better at the parochial school, he replies no.

They asked if the curriculum, books were better, he replies no.

Then why are your grades so good?

Well mom and dad when I saw that guy nailed to a + sign in every room I knew they were serious about arithmetic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70548 Apr 3, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly have stamina my friend I wouldn't put up with this twerp 30 seconds!
Of course he has no answer none of them do!
I thought you understood he knows the unknowable?
I think you'll like this one
Little Johnny is failing arithmetic.
Exasperated his parents decided to hire a tutor but to no avail - finally they enroll him in a parochial school.
His first exam is all A's.
Amazed at the stunning progress his parents are interested in how he achieved these grades.
They ask him if the teachers were better at the parochial school, he replies no.
They asked if the curriculum, books were better, he replies no.
Then why are your grades so good?
Well mom and dad when I saw that guy nailed to a + sign in every room I knew they were serious about arithmetic.
LOL!

A classic joke-- one I rather like.

For in addition to being funny, it also points out the barbarism of catholicism....
John

United States

#70549 Apr 3, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 67,730 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70550 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 67,730 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Who Would Jesus Hate?

Why?
Imhotep

United States

#70551 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL!
A classic joke-- one I rather like.
For in addition to being funny, it also points out the barbarism of catholicism....
Yeah they achieved quite a bit with the Inquisition - but remember something - Jesus loves you!

Wilson's Nails

Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.

"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."

A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."

Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"

Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.

Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."

A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.
Imhotep

United States

#70552 Apr 3, 2013
It's better late than never folks!

Poor blind Herbie

Poor little Herbie. Since his birth, poor blind Herbie had never seen the light of day. One day at bedtime, his mother told him that the next day would be a very special one. If he prayed extra hard to Jesus, he'd be able to see when he woke up the next morning.

Eagerly, Herbie crouched down on his knees beside his bed and put his hands together. For hours, he prayed and prayed to Jesus.

The next morning Herbie's mother came into his room and gently woke him from his sleep.

"Well Herbie, open your eyes and you'll know that Jesus answered your prayers."

Little Herbie slowly opened his eyes, only to cry out, "Mother! Mother! I STILL CAN'T SEE!"

"I know, dear," said his mother. "APRIL FOOL!"
John

United States

#70553 Apr 3, 2013
Yawn. You loons are desperate to have relevance. A couple thousand killed centuries ago means what? There is no God? Prove it.

Meanwhile we will just ignore the hundred million plus killed by atheist regimes this century. That's what you would expect from those that don't subscribe to a moral compass and feel man is the be all end all. It's about ego not evidence.

Prime mover>?????

You skipped my questions Bob. Heck, you didn't even relevantly answer my first question from five years ago. Trot out those ridiculous evidence free links again. It's time.

Magic science awaits!

John

United States

#70554 Apr 3, 2013
I would like your list of beliefs I can and cannot have fuhrer.
If I own an upscale antique shop in smallville USA must I hire the male applicant with a beard who wears women's clothing. Even as a child he knew he was a woman trapped in a man's body. Of course free health care will pay for the transitional surgery. It will need at least 12 weeks off to rest and acclimate physically and emotionally. Paid of course. The shop is barely getting by and has had a 50 percent drop off in sales since the hiring.
A girl doesn't like to bake and what not so doesn't
want to join the girl scouts. She likes to hike, camp, etc. Should the hateful boy scouts be forced to accept her.
A school is teaching that homosexual sex is beautiful, natural, and A ok. It's cool in fact. Do parents have a right to reject this curriculum?
You loons are overreaching on so many level this nation is going to erupt. Tell your audience your real beliefs. We should be forced to submit to your standard. Keep pushing.
People aren't equal in terms of many things. Some are smarter than others. That would be me in the former and for you it doesn't apply. Some are stronger. 99 percent of women don't have the upper body strength to do some work related tasks. That's the reality..

Guess what Bob another group of women just failed the infantry pt test. Do you want them or fellow soldiers killed because the world isn't equal? Liberalism is a mental disorder.
John

United States

#70555 Apr 3, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 67,740 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70556 Apr 3, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah they achieved quite a bit with the Inquisition - but remember something - Jesus loves you!
Wilson's Nails
Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.
"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."
A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."
Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"
Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.
Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."
A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70557 Apr 3, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
It's better late than never folks!
Poor blind Herbie
Poor little Herbie. Since his birth, poor blind Herbie had never seen the light of day. One day at bedtime, his mother told him that the next day would be a very special one. If he prayed extra hard to Jesus, he'd be able to see when he woke up the next morning.
Eagerly, Herbie crouched down on his knees beside his bed and put his hands together. For hours, he prayed and prayed to Jesus.
The next morning Herbie's mother came into his room and gently woke him from his sleep.
"Well Herbie, open your eyes and you'll know that Jesus answered your prayers."
Little Herbie slowly opened his eyes, only to cry out, "Mother! Mother! I STILL CAN'T SEE!"
"I know, dear," said his mother. "APRIL FOOL!"
Indeed-- anyone who believes in Jewsus is an april fool.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70558 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
Yawn. You loons are desperate to have relevance. A couple thousand killed centuries ago means what? There is no God? Prove it.
Meanwhile we will just ignore the hundred million plus killed by atheist regimes this century. That's what you would expect from those that don't subscribe to a moral compass and feel man is the be all end all. It's about ego not evidence.
Prime mover>?????
You skipped my questions Bob. Heck, you didn't even relevantly answer my first question from five years ago. Trot out those ridiculous evidence free links again. It's time.
Magic science awaits!

Who Would Jesus Hate?

Why?
Lincoln

United States

#70559 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>You keep IGNORING MY QUESTION, John:
Who Would Jesus Hate?
Why?
after 12,000 posts of more or less the same thing, people may be tired of your nonsense
...just saying.
John

United States

#70560 Apr 3, 2013
My # pales in comparison to your nothing posts bigot. You should be embarrased stumpee. You were made an offer and knew you had nothing to match a prime mover. So how long do you plan to repeat you don't believe. Get your nothing out of here!
John

United States

#70561 Apr 3, 2013
LOL, for Bob. I'm on autopilot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min atheism is destru... 226,243
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr CunningLinguist 21,498
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 3 hr Patrick 10
100% Faith Free 3 hr Patrick 8
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 3 hr Patrick 26
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 5 hr Patrick 10
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 9 hr USN Atheist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••