Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,659

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Read more

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70800 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I just thought I'd give you heads up! ;)
you seemed new to this forum and you should ignore certain people who don't merit any response whatever. The content of their post is all you need To ignore them or have a good belly laugh!
This particular mammal is of no value whatever and there's plenty here that have lots to say.
John warrants utter contempt. Sympathy is completely out of the question as far as I'm concerned.
Yes relatively new to the forum but not to Topix. I joined Topix around July 2010, give or take a month.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#70801 Apr 7, 2013
‘God Is Great, Hang the Atheist Bloggers!’: Hundreds of Thousands Rally in Bangladesh for Anti-Blasphemy Laws ... Hundreds of thousands of hardline Islamists rallied in Bangladesh’s capital on Saturday to demand authorities enact anti-blasphemy laws punishing bloggers and those believed to have insulted Islam.“God is great – hang the atheist bloggers!” some chanted, according to the Agence France-Presse and Al Jazeera .. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/06/go... .. continue

Yeah .. let's watch the militant atheists take their little march to Bangladesh ... let's see if their 'convictions' are real ... or not

Location hidden

#70802 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.¦
Atheists- ahem freethinkers looking to scrub history for an agenda. Bob and Imhotep agree there is no historical Jesus. Bwahahaha
John, I have been on this particular Topix thread only a short time, but so far I have not understood anything you say. Your comments about you exposing others, or making things clear must have happened before I came here, because you have done none of that since I arrived.

The very fact that you have been here as long as you state and still are trying to get people to prove something that is impossible speaks volumes about your general understanding of things.

You have mentioned the term "Prime Mover" many times since I arrived here, yet I have seen no evidence that you have provided of such an entity, nor have I seen any evidence anywhere else in the general knowledge of the world.

Location hidden

#70803 Apr 7, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you upset?
Confused and uneducated is what appears to me to be his problem.

Location hidden

#70804 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dumb grasshopper your nothing is unwise and your nonclaim is that of a child. There are many different faiths but your hate is for Christianity. You aren't willing to debate and answer questions to get to your endgame. I'll certainly walk you through it but the we won't skip steps. You haven't even made a baby step yet though. The question is something vs ??? You never did say. Hmmm. Thankfully there is no audience that can see for five years you loons have been this impotent. How embarrasing.
I contend the preponderance of evidence is clearly in the prime mover camp as opposed to any other accountable position of belief you care to make a case for.
This is the part where you obfuscate, attack, marginalize, and flee. The proof of your intellectual cowardice is well documented.
Nothing Bless
John, as has been said many times, atheism has no accountable position of belief, because an atheist is a word describing someone who has no belief in a deity. What position are you looking for from those who don't have position?

Name a subject you want a position stated on, and perhaps someone might oblige you, but keep on your dead-end path of trying to get someone to prove that "nothing" exists, is very frustrating to the rest of us to listen to you go on about, and surely it must be frustrating for you too.

Location hidden

#70805 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually try to warn newcomers to this forum of the resident trolls that are here, John being the principal one of course!
Thanks for the warning. That he is one of the resident trolls is very apparent.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#70807 Apr 7, 2013
the last I heard .. those proclaiming atheism is approx. 2.3% of the worlds population ..
( Non-religious and agnostic 11.9%, anti-religious and atheist 2.3%).. when I consider the doctrines of atheism .. I understand why the % is so low ... although they do have big mouths ..
I do believe that Christians are about as tolerant as they need to be .. yes, atheists do have a right to speak .. but they do not a right to be heard ( thank God )

For although they knew (about) God .. they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him .. but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened .. Although they claimed to be wise .. they became fools .. and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles .. Therefore God gave them over .....

no surprises here

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#70808 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dumb grasshopper your nothing is unwise and your nonclaim is that of a child. There are many different faiths but your hate is for Christianity. You aren't willing to debate and answer questions to get to your endgame. I'll certainly walk you through it but the we won't skip steps. You haven't even made a baby step yet though. The question is something vs ??? You never did say. Hmmm. Thankfully there is no audience that can see for five years you loons have been this impotent. How embarrasing.
I contend the preponderance of evidence is clearly in the prime mover camp as opposed to any other accountable position of belief you care to make a case for.
This is the part where you obfuscate, attack, marginalize, and flee. The proof of your intellectual cowardice is well documented.
Nothing Bless
i have no hate of christianity above any other cult.

you have no evvidence of your prime mover. not one shred.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70809 Apr 7, 2013
I believe you have dementia booots. You have seen no evidence at all in this arena that meets your criteria. Every person on earth that believes there is evidence of a cause (of any sort) is uneducated to you.
Your mensa club of I don't know but its not 1, 2, 3, 4, is where its at.
Your interest in killing religion isn't about evidence at all. Evidence is irrelevant. I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs anything else. You beat feet pretty quickly when its time to debate.
My position is ready to go, yours is the name that shall not be named LOL.

I find it amusing a network of trolls/bigots try and paint a picture I'm the strange one. Nope. It's you bud. You have no evidence. No accountable position. No way to quantify evidence. No courage to debate what you are so sure doesn't exist.

85 years in and I don't know is the depth of your acquired knowledge.

How do you decide which is most or least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing,??. Show your work and make sure it meets your evidentiary standard.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Minnesota's North Coast

#70810 Apr 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
the last I heard .. those proclaiming atheism is approx. 2.3% of the worlds population ..
( Non-religious and agnostic 11.9%, anti-religious and atheist 2.3%).. when I consider the doctrines of atheism .. I understand why the % is so low ... although they do have big mouths ..
I do believe that Christians are about as tolerant as they need to be .. yes, atheists do have a right to speak .. but they do not a right to be heard ( thank God )
For although they knew (about) God .. they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him .. but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened .. Although they claimed to be wise .. they became fools .. and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles .. Therefore God gave them over .....
no surprises here
As it becomes more socially acceptable adn safer for people to openly express their disbelief in your cult, it will happen more.

as people become more educated, they will not be sucked into your cult as easily...

the denial of the facts in front of you is not a healthy mindset...

Minnesota's North Coast

#70811 Apr 7, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the warning. That he is one of the resident trolls is very apparent.
he aslo posts under other names when he wants to thump the bible of his cult..
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70814 Apr 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he aslo posts under other names when he wants to thump the bible of his cult..
Nope. Never. You lie.
I guess you loons are going to post you don't believe all day again. Same broken record for five years straight.

Your forum is about as believable as Obamas version of Benghazi.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70815 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Never. You lie.
I guess you loons are going to post you don't believe all day again. Same broken record for five years straight.
Stump a theist, ask him for evidence of his god.

Minnesota's North Coast

#70816 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>The same can be said about homosexuality. As it becomes more socially acceptable and safer for people to openly express their disbelief in your gay cult, it will happen more.
See, how it rings the same bell. AS people become more educated, they will not be sucked into your gay cult as easily....see how it sounds....the denial of the facts in front of you is not a healthy mindset.....
Now, that I have proven that anyone can dribble a basket ball, why don't you try to post something that does not bounce around, like facts and research studies.
yes that could be said about homosexuality. now that it is socially acceptable to be openly gay, people will not try to hide it any more.

did you have a point to that?

what did it have to do with your cult using fear and coercion as tools of their trade?

Minnesota's North Coast

#70817 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Never. You lie.
yep, openly busted doing it.

but then you lie about so many things... you have to lie to yourself about your cult everyday.

that must be an ugly life to 'live'...
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70818 Apr 7, 2013
Lots of claims with no evidence. That's the atheist way. March away bigot.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70819 Apr 7, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.\

Minnesota's North Coast

#70820 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
Lots of claims with no evidence. That's the atheist way. March away bigot.
yes, you forgot to switch names before your march march march comments...ooops!

we are not as stupid as you are johnny.

Minnesota's North Coast

#70821 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.\
no god has ever been shown to exist, and all the ones of your cults have been proven to be myths..,no gods to lash out against.
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#70822 Apr 7, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes relatively new to the forum but not to Topix. I joined Topix around July 2010, give or take a month.
Welcome!

I hope you stay and enjoy your visit.

This is where we trounce our TrueChristian™ fiends severely.

Why do I say fiend instead of friend?

Read their posts that should do it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 236,906
News The Consequences of Atheism 9 min JesusWasNOTaJew -... 1,127
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 min DanFromSmithville 17,995
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Mr_SKY 6,428
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 3 hr Freebird USA 9,256
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 5 hr Patrick n Angela 14,507
News Confessions of a black atheist 8 hr Cordwainer Trout 20
More from around the web