Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70811 Apr 7, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the warning. That he is one of the resident trolls is very apparent.
he aslo posts under other names when he wants to thump the bible of his cult..
John

United States

#70814 Apr 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he aslo posts under other names when he wants to thump the bible of his cult..
Nope. Never. You lie.
I guess you loons are going to post you don't believe all day again. Same broken record for five years straight.

Your forum is about as believable as Obamas version of Benghazi.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70815 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Never. You lie.
I guess you loons are going to post you don't believe all day again. Same broken record for five years straight.
Stump a theist, ask him for evidence of his god.

St. Croix valley

#70816 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>The same can be said about homosexuality. As it becomes more socially acceptable and safer for people to openly express their disbelief in your gay cult, it will happen more.
See, how it rings the same bell. AS people become more educated, they will not be sucked into your gay cult as easily....see how it sounds....the denial of the facts in front of you is not a healthy mindset.....
Now, that I have proven that anyone can dribble a basket ball, why don't you try to post something that does not bounce around, like facts and research studies.
yes that could be said about homosexuality. now that it is socially acceptable to be openly gay, people will not try to hide it any more.

did you have a point to that?

what did it have to do with your cult using fear and coercion as tools of their trade?

St. Croix valley

#70817 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Never. You lie.
yep, openly busted doing it.

but then you lie about so many things... you have to lie to yourself about your cult everyday.

that must be an ugly life to 'live'...
John

United States

#70818 Apr 7, 2013
Lots of claims with no evidence. That's the atheist way. March away bigot.
John

United States

#70819 Apr 7, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.\

St. Croix valley

#70820 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
Lots of claims with no evidence. That's the atheist way. March away bigot.
yes, you forgot to switch names before your march march march comments...ooops!

we are not as stupid as you are johnny.

St. Croix valley

#70821 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.\
no god has ever been shown to exist, and all the ones of your cults have been proven to be myths..,no gods to lash out against.
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#70822 Apr 7, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes relatively new to the forum but not to Topix. I joined Topix around July 2010, give or take a month.
Welcome!

I hope you stay and enjoy your visit.

This is where we trounce our TrueChristian™ fiends severely.

Why do I say fiend instead of friend?

Read their posts that should do it!
Lincoln

United States

#70823 Apr 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Stump a theist, ask him for evidence of his god.
Evidence about atheist in power in communist Romania is all over the web.
John

United States

#70824 Apr 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, you forgot to switch names before your march march march comments...ooops!
we are not as stupid as you are johnny.
Been John since page one and every post. Is this another diversion or another case of you thinking you are smarter than you are?

You loons go to great lengths to avoid your nothing. It's very amusing.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70825 Apr 7, 2013
John.. I am glad you and I have had some civil conversations. I am concerned though that you share the behaviors of the YouTuber "shockofgod" who is known all over the Internet for his ignorance of the burden of proof and his nonsensical question asking "what proof and evidence do you have that atheism is accurate and correct?"

I know you are simply aiming at the origin of the universe.... But maybe you should simply ask atheists "what is the origin of the universe?" Then move on from there...

I Just offer this as a suggestion... Because shockofgod is even viewed as a joke by many Christians... Maybe even watch the responses to him so you can have an understanding of why he is dismissed as a troll.
John

United States

#70826 Apr 7, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.)
Lincoln

United States

#70827 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Been John since page one and every post. Is this another diversion or another case of you thinking you are smarter than you are?
atheists "switch page reply" is in place of any evidence that atheism is on the march in the USA.
Been all down hill for atheists since the 1960s.

St. Croix valley

#70828 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
We've shown you are not above lying before.

this is what cults are based on...lies. you HAVE to lie to support your faith as it is based on lies.

St. Croix valley

#70829 Apr 7, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence about atheist in power in communist Romania is all over the web.
Romania has a very very high percentage of people of faith. what are those people of faith doing now? more killing? they don't have very strong morals, those faithful.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70830 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Absolutely Robert, continue the assault on this idiot! I can't bring myself to respond to this mammal - actually he doesn't deserve any response.

I consider this a study in stupidity and ignorance.
And John has this in spades! I doubt he attends any church but if he did and they saw any of his responses they throw him out of his ear.

I skip down to the next name that doesn't say John. occasionally, with you being the exception, i don't read any response to John.

This guy is a bottom feeder that craves attention and I'm not in the business of feeding these juvenile minds. I prefer to let them copy paste away.

I know you enjoy trouncing this cretin however.

He has nothing to say hence the endless copy paste besides I doubt he understands anything that anyone on this forum posts.

Seething hatred is all he has.

John is a total waste of time and effort

if there were a god - she's probably saying boy I screwed this one up royally! Even my pal Satan won't have anything to do with him.
I see my responses to John as a kind of performance-art.

In repeating the exact same response each day, to several of his?

I am tacitly criticizing his entire body of posts, by sarcastically mimicking his style.

Of course, that level of subtly is way beyond his reasoning skillset, but it does amuse me.

For now.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70831 Apr 7, 2013
John K wrote:
Sorry about the double post.
I read it twice-- it was worth it, both times.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70832 Apr 7, 2013
John K wrote:
I don't make the case that there is no god. I just say that as of yet I have no evidence that god or gods exist. Just like I don't have any evidence for ghost or the monster under my bed, or fairies, or Jin's or angels or any of a number of things. If evidence comes about that can be investigated in the same manor that cancer or neutrinos can be then I would be more than happy to investigate. But wasting time contemplating things that I have no evidence for is a waste of time. I am an atheist because I know of no valid evidence for gods. Gods may exist or they may not exist but with no real information to go on it is useless to even worry about. I have plenty of evidence that religions are made up by humans. So I am fairly certain that there is no valid religions.
What do you want us to do? You keep wanting me to answer your question but I have already told you that your question is meaningless. I have already stated that I don't know what caused creation the universe other than possibly energy, and that is based only off of the evidence available. What more could you want? This is as honest of an answer as I can give.
Well stated-- and I agree completely-- there is no reason to believe in any gods....

... so far.

But I'm not waiting for proof--after this long, it seems safe to presume there never will be any proof for a god.

Alas, Nothing-John cannot read... so your worthy posts are lost on him.

For proof?

He will not say ONE THING in reply to you...

:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 30 min Flurtz3940 21,884
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Brian_G 23,701
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 5 hr Richardfs 5,730
bigger fish to fry (Jul '11) 5 hr IB DaMann 3
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr IB DaMann 258,050
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 22 hr IB DaMann 94
What are the best arguments against religion? Sat Richardfs 8
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Fri scientia potentia... 48,864
More from around the web