Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,659

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Read more
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70734 Apr 6, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70735 Apr 6, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.'
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70736 Apr 6, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.+
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70737 Apr 6, 2013
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise.:$

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70738 Apr 6, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped my questions John K. You didn't provide any evidence or accountable position of belief either. Things exist or they don't. The standard of proof in this forum has been exposed. You have no proof of anything in this arena.
Would you like to compare my something to your ????. What was that again LOL. Maybe you prefer a question mark or blank to nothing. Now go back and review the possibilities I asked you to quantify and check back in.
Maybe we should use the term preponderance of evidence rather than proof. For instance the preponderance of evidence decidely points to a prime mover vs any other position you can make a case for.
Intellectuals LOL Pfft.
I have a Dragon living in my attic.

It is invisible, and untouchable-- and only comes out when nobody is looking.

You exclaim: "that is silly".

Yes. Yes it is.... now.... think about it for a sec: so is your god, equally silly...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70739 Apr 6, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>So, where are you atheists marching to. Mexico or Canada or just into one of two oceans. What is your cause 'You don't believe'?
You don't understand metaphors?

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70740 Apr 6, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>If God were a myth, you would not be here. If it were a proven myth, then you would offer that proof. Yet, here you are, no platform of belief, only unbelief of a God you claim is a myth. If God were a myth, then you would not be angry.
Or, perhaps, you are angry at the easter bunny, santa claus and the tooth fairy and you should go lash out at them.
You atheists are just unimaginably clueless but that is okay.

Yes. Yes it is.... now.... think about it for a sec: so is your god, equally silly...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70741 Apr 6, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Really?.......Is that your best. If God were like your dragon, then many believers would not share the experience of God's presence, often at once.
Google the words "self delusion".

Next, google the word "hallucination".

Finally, google "willful ignorance".

You are guilty of all of these.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70742 Apr 6, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
What is silly is when you gays claim that you know that you were born gay?
1) I'm not gay, but I do support equality. You? You support bigotry.

2) when did you "choose" to be straight? If being gay is a choice, then SO IS BEING STRAIGHT.

Why did YOU choose to be straight?

The same day you also chose to be a bigot?
St Black Pope wrote:
How so? Yet, when a gay tells you that they are an ex-gay, then you call them liars.
I wouldn't call them a liar-- I'd call them brainwashed, and victims of bigotry. Likely the truth of the matter is that they are bisexual, and brainwashing has made them a victim.
St Black Pope wrote:
You will claim that being gay is a reasonable and natural state of being, but when faced with the issue of gay suicides and AIDS, then you feign.
The suicides happen because of YOU AND YOUR SEETHIGN BIGOTRY.

Own your bigotry-- OWN YOUR HATE-- you are the ones responsible for the gay suicides.

As for AIDS? At the last count, the majority of people suffering from that dread disease are STRAIGHT WOMEN.

What now, bigot?
St Black Pope wrote:
My point is this, you will deny truth because it does not serve your lie.
You have no truth-- you are just a hate-filled bigot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70743 Apr 6, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Just from a quick and surreal observation, he seems to be leading you by your tail. Obsess much.
And you are nothing but a hate-filled BIGOT.

Dismissed.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70744 Apr 6, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Another claim without proof. Straight out of the liberal atheist playbook.
You don't believe. We knew that before the first pope loon.
No evidence. No accountable position of belief. Dismissed. Next!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70745 Apr 6, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
You're replies to John have been accurate honest and sincere. Unfortunately this will fall on deaf ears with John.
Mohn is severely addicted to religion and has a profound hatred of atheists.
I belive he has a mental disorder which manifests itself with an inflated sense of his own importance and a deep need for admiration.
Behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
I tend to agree with you and you have expressed it more eloquently than I could have.:)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70746 Apr 6, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>If not for theists the World Trade Center (among 100's of thousands of other examples) would still be standing and those thousand's of American lives would not have been taken. Religion is killing the planet. Of course, every day more and more people are seeing religion for what it is, a fairy tale that has lost it's usefulness. Some day it will die.(I hope)
It will die, but the question is will it be soon enough to correct the damage that it is has done to the world.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70749 Apr 6, 2013
This is all disbelief and liberal talking points.
What do you believe?
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70750 Apr 6, 2013
Oh, the eloquence LOL. Pseudointellectual wordsmiths. No evidence. No answers to my questions exposing you. No accountable position of belief. This is bizarre behavior but I will stick around to see how long you will try to make your nothing relevant.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Cottonwood, CA

#70751 Apr 6, 2013
John wrote:
What do you believe?
Bob believes in invisible dragons...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70752 Apr 6, 2013
John wrote:
What do you believe?
I believe you are a demonstrated idiot.

I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.

I believe you have been shown to be an uneducated moron.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

I believe you are uneducated, and likely never completed high school.

Shall I go on?
Drink the hivE

New York, NY

#70753 Apr 6, 2013
Genesis Wasn't The Creation Of The Universe - It Was The Creation Of Self Awareness...

http://nationalrepublicantrust.com/images/Cor...

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#70754 Apr 6, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Another claim without proof. Straight out of the liberal atheist playbook.
You don't believe. We knew that before the first pope loon.
No evidence. No accountable position of belief. Dismissed. Next!
nothing to believe in as yet.

you should go back to bible thumping under another name, that was funny!
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Cottonwood, CA

#70755 Apr 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing to believe in as yet.

you should go back to bible thumping under another name, that was funny!
I don't see you challenge his argument, scooter!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In the Search for an Alternative to God, One Ra... (Mar '11) 7 min Patrick n Angela 692
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Eagle 12 236,826
News Debating the God question (Oct '13) 13 min Patrick n Angela 87
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 16 min Patrick n Angela 6,391
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 28 min Ooogah Boogah 14,496
News Don't let atheists grow in influence (Oct '13) 1 hr Reason Personified 215
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Denisova 17,939
More from around the web