Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#70699 Apr 5, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 67,880+ posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70700 Apr 5, 2013
John wrote:
If you aren't fixated on what I believe, you are fixated on my life. No one notices your entire forum is about nothing. Your nonclaims are sooooo convincing.
The mayor and deputy of Stumpville teaming up. I thought libs were against bullying LOL.
Who Would Jesus Hate, John?

You certainly demonstrate how much HATE you have for atheists.

Your Jesus would be so proud of you, here...

I bet he'd hate all atheists too... right?

Right?
John

United States

#70701 Apr 5, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. >

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70702 Apr 5, 2013
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya.
Who Would Jesus Hate, John?

You certainly demonstrate how much HATE you have for atheists.

Your Jesus would be so proud of you, here...

I bet he'd hate all atheists too... right?

Right?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70703 Apr 6, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the facts.
Atheists in power in communist countries killed millions of men, women and children.
no, the people of religious faith of those countries killed millions for those despots.

you have looked up the facts and you know what i say is true, but you have to lie for your cult because you know it is based on proven lies.

doesn't it make your insides kind of grind to have to lie for your cult continuously?
John

United States

#70704 Apr 6, 2013
You don't believe in God. You made a claim now prove it. I guess the onus on claims is selective with atheists.
My only claim is I believe there is more evidence/reasons pointing to a prime mover than any other accountable position of belief in this arena. This is your forum and you won't even name an accountable position of belief. Your inaction for five years tells me you want no part of my challenge.
I thought atheism was simply disbelief LOL. Next!%

St. Croix valley

#70705 Apr 6, 2013
John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.*
there is no way to lash out at a myth. atheists are just acknowledging that your cult is a proven myth. no god to lash out against, as yet.
John

United States

#70706 Apr 6, 2013
Well over 100 million killed by atheistic regimes this century. Wow! That's what happens when man thinks he is the be all end all and is subject to no moral code.<
John

United States

#70707 Apr 6, 2013
march, march, nothing, march, hate, march, march, stomp, scream, march, silence the believers, march, march,,,

St. Croix valley

#70708 Apr 6, 2013
John wrote:
march, march, nothing, march, hate, march, march, stomp, scream, march, silence the believers, march, march,,,
Still no proof to back up your proven myth cult, john? why do you like being a cult member when you know they lie to you so often?
John K

Akron, OH

#70709 Apr 6, 2013
This other John person is obsessed with this forum. He has been the main contributor since it started back in 2009. The average person would not have put this much effort in to a forum unless they owned it themselves. So it seems that this other John person thinks this forum is his. And he keeps harping about our "position of nothing". So what is it that he is so affraid of about the possibility of our "position of nothing" being true that has him so fixated for so many years.
Dear John, if our position is true how would it being true affect your life? If nothing was actually in control of the universe would you go out and kill people just because there would be no eternal punishment? Would you steal from your neighbor because you know no guy in the sky is watching you? Would you commit suicide be cause your life would have no meaning imposed from on high?

If our "position of nothing" is correct and we actually proved it to you, would you drop your belief in a god?

Don't give me a smug reply, actually thing, how would your life change and what would you do differently as a result of this.

If you would do any of the things I listed above as a result of becoming aware of nothing being in control of the universe then all of us atheist would like you to keep believing, because if you stop believing you might hurt yourself or others. If you need a guy in the sky watching over you to keep from doing stupid stuff please by all means keep on believing.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#70710 Apr 6, 2013
You poor f**ker, you still think it's the 20th Century.

Laughing at you, not with you.
John wrote:
Well over 100 million killed by atheistic regimes this century. Wow! That's what happens when man thinks he is the be all end all and is subject to no moral code.<
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#70711 Apr 6, 2013
John K wrote:
This other John person is obsessed with this forum. He has been the main contributor since it started back in 2009. The average person would not have put this much effort in to a forum unless they owned it themselves. So it seems that this other John person thinks this forum is his. And he keeps harping about our "position of nothing". So what is it that he is so affraid of about the possibility of our "position of nothing" being true that has him so fixated for so many years.
Dear John, if our position is true how would it being true affect your life? If nothing was actually in control of the universe would you go out and kill people just because there would be no eternal punishment? Would you steal from your neighbor because you know no guy in the sky is watching you? Would you commit suicide be cause your life would have no meaning imposed from on high?
If our "position of nothing" is correct and we actually proved it to you, would you drop your belief in a god?
Don't give me a smug reply, actually thing, how would your life change and what would you do differently as a result of this.
If you would do any of the things I listed above as a result of becoming aware of nothing being in control of the universe then all of us atheist would like you to keep believing, because if you stop believing you might hurt yourself or others. If you need a guy in the sky watching over you to keep from doing stupid stuff please by all means keep on believing.
The only nothing in this forum is John.

John presents a persistent feeling of being inferior to others in some way. It is usually connected with a real or imaginary shortcoming in physical appearance, intelligence, personality, education, social status or economic status.

I believe that John has one of the nastiest psychological traits you can have. Seriously, it will mess your life up in a sadistic way, as well as your people skills.
John

United States

#70712 Apr 6, 2013
Nope its a conundrum with no added qualification needed. You seem to think you have a monopoly on science and belief in a prime mover is anti-science. It's an oft attempted tactic of the atheist. Let science weigh in on what its scope is.
You should try considering the totality of circumstance and other disciplines in your ahem freethinking. You can see this as an appeal to the majority if you choose but most of the worlds great thinkers have believed in a prime mover. Including those who created the way you test objective evidence.
Francis Collins has made the case for design in his studies mapping our genetic code. Probably a kook huh. There is no shortage of evidences pointing to design from umpteen disciplines. If you don't believe I could care less. I know absolutely no evidence satisfies you.
For instance how do you decide which is most or least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing. Show your work and make sure it meets the criteria you hold others accountable to.
If you understand mathematics whatsoever you you'd realize what your hanging your hat on is absurd. The sheer volume of time, chance etc is a hollow and weak argument BTW. Does math count or do we need a beaker and microscope to discern every piece of evidence.
Now, you weren't saying?

-you skipped my questions jk
John

United States

#70713 Apr 6, 2013
No evidence presented. No accountable position of belief. Dismissed.

Dozens of you have spent five years marching for nothing. Avoiding the hypocrisies I've exposed. You don't have a shred of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others to. Correct?

Your forum is bat shit crazy. Don't let that commonality amongst you suggest your bigotry is normal.

Atheists on the march for John.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#70714 Apr 6, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 67,890 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70715 Apr 6, 2013
John wrote:
You don't believe in God. You made a claim now prove it. I guess the onus on claims is selective with atheists.
My only claim is I believe there is more evidence/reasons pointing to a prime mover than any other accountable position of belief in this arena. This is your forum and you won't even name an accountable position of belief. Your inaction for five years tells me you want no part of my challenge.
I thought atheism was simply disbelief LOL. Next!%
I have a Dragon living in my attic.

It is invisible, and untouchable-- and only comes out when nobody is looking.

You exclaim: "that is silly".

Yes. Yes it is.... now.... think about it for a sec: so is your god, equally silly...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70716 Apr 6, 2013
John wrote:
Name... ONE such.

What?

You cannot? You have to LIE about this ludicrous claim?

Interesting...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70717 Apr 6, 2013
John K wrote:

You pose some excellent questions, John K.

Ones deserving of serious thought.

It's a damn shame Nothing-John is incapable of ... thoughts of any kind, isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70718 Apr 6, 2013
John wrote:
No evidence presented. No accountable position of belief. Dismissed.
Dozens of you have spent five years marching for nothing. Avoiding the hypocrisies I've exposed. You don't have a shred of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others to. Correct?
Your forum is bat shit crazy. Don't let that commonality amongst you suggest your bigotry is normal.
Atheists on the march for John.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
I have a Dragon living in my attic.

It is invisible, and untouchable-- and only comes out when nobody is looking.

You exclaim: "that is silly".

Yes. Yes it is.... now.... think about it for a sec: so is your god, equally silly...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Chimney1 48,552
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 23 min Rings9780 21,867
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 17
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Into The Night 23,503
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr New Age Spiritual... 258,040
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Dec 2 Scaritual 14
More from around the web