Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#70618 Apr 4, 2013
You don't believe in God. You made a claim now prove it. I guess the onus on claims is selective with atheists.
My only claim is I believe there is more evidence/reasons pointing to a prime mover than any other accountable position of belief in this arena. This is your forum and you won't even name an accountable position of belief. Your inaction for five years tells me you want no part of my challenge.
I thought atheism was simply disbelief LOL. Next!!
John

United States

#70619 Apr 4, 2013
]I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise.¿
John

United States

#70620 Apr 4, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 67,800 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
Lincoln

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#70621 Apr 4, 2013
John wrote:
Well over 100 million killed by atheistic regimes this century. Wow! That's what happens when man thinks he is the be all end all and is subject to no moral code.
Only atheist believe Hitler was Christian.:-)
Next they will lie about Stalin and Lenin :-)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70622 Apr 4, 2013
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right ...
Who Would Jesus Hate, John?

You certainly demonstrate how much HATE you have for atheists.

Your Jesus would be so proud of you, here...

I bet he'd hate all atheists too... right?

Right?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70623 Apr 5, 2013
John wrote:
Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence.
There is no logic or evidence to support the existence on any deity. Humans invented deities as solutions to complicated problems in the same way that parents invent Santa.
John wrote:
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do.
We can do the same thing you do and turn myths into facts, but that would be intellectually dishonest and a violation of our core values. That is the difference between Theists and Atheists/Agnostics. The Theists wants to pass of his/her beliefs as facts and without waiting for corroborating evidence whereas the atheist/agnostic wants to look at evidence before he makes any firm conclusion.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70624 Apr 5, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 67,800 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
That was an awfully long way of admitting that you have absolutely no proof of god, have no idea what an atheist is (lack of belief in god) or pretty much anything else for that matter.

You are a great advertisement for the mental illness that is faith. Keep up the good work. We look forward to more lack of proof of god from you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70625 Apr 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Only atheist believe Hitler was Christian.:-)
Next they will lie about Stalin and Lenin :-)
Theists believe pretty much anything, so their opinions don't really matter. What matters are the facts and the facts state he was catholic and his quotes show he did it for religious reasons. It says in god we trust on every nazi belt, that is pretty clear and damning evidence, but you creationist trolls continue to attempt to lie.

Poor fools.
Thinking

UK

#70626 Apr 5, 2013
Wibble.
John wrote:
Sounds menacing, but ultimately nothing. I don't open links from loons. A two for one reply all for the low price of $0.00.
I'm going to lobby for reparations to the descendants of all those that atheisms ideology have killed. Should be less than Obama has pissed away.
Welcome to Stumpville! Next!
Thinking

UK

#70627 Apr 5, 2013
Another day and "believer" John is still sat in his own piss swearing at the pigeons.
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.£
Lincoln

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#70628 Apr 5, 2013
Atheists in Power
State atheism in Albania was taken to an extreme during the totalitarian regime installed after World War II, when religions, identified as imports foreign to Albanian culture, were banned altogether.

The Agrarian Reform Law of August 1945 nationalized most property of religious institutions, including the estates of monasteries, orders, and dioceses.

Many clergy and believers were tried, tortured, and executed. All foreign Roman Catholic priests, monks, and nuns were expelled in 1946.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#70629 Apr 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Atheists in Power
State atheism in Albania was taken to an extreme during the totalitarian regime installed after World War II, when religions, identified as imports foreign to Albanian culture, were banned altogether.
The Agrarian Reform Law of August 1945 nationalized most property of religious institutions, including the estates of monasteries, orders, and dioceses.
Many clergy and believers were tried, tortured, and executed. All foreign Roman Catholic priests, monks, and nuns were expelled in 1946.
To learn about real terror, read your so-called holy book. The old testament is a catalogue of acts of brutal and insane violence, commanded by a cruel and deranged deity. This is the "god" Jesus worshipped, a vile psychotic tribal desert god.
Lincoln

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#70630 Apr 5, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
To learn about real terror, read your so-called holy book. The old testament is a catalogue of acts of brutal and insane violence, commanded by a cruel and deranged deity. This is the "god" Jesus worshipped, a vile psychotic tribal desert god.
Not my Book but much of the old T. is Allegory.
Atheists in Power and killing millions was in the 20th century.
Look at East Germany and the Wall, and those trying to flee communist atheism.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#70631 Apr 5, 2013
Linc, heres one for you, 2 Chronicles 15
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

In this deranged story we read of King Asa of Judah. He gathers together the people and slaughters 700 cattle and 7000 sheep and goats.

"At that time they sacrificed to the Lord 700 head of cattle and 7,000 sheep and goats."

All those who wouldnt worship this monster god were put to death, verse 13.

"It wouldn’t matter whether they were men or women."

What kind of sick deity is that? That to appease its insane anger you have to murder 000s of animals and kills 000s of atheists so that stop it from killing you. Its insane. Something is obviously very wrong with this religion.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#70632 Apr 5, 2013
To clarify 2 Chr 15:13 "All those who wouldn’t look to the Lord, the God of Israel, would be killed. It wouldn’t matter how important they were. It wouldn’t matter whether they were men or women."

Your god orders atheists to be put to death."

Otherwise God will make you suffer. verse 6 "That’s because God was causing them to suffer terribly."

This evil book lacks compassion and morality. And bizarrely Jesus fully confirms these laws to the letter, in both Matthews and Lukes gospels.
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

#70633 Apr 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
I thought you would enjoy.
Lincoln

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#70634 Apr 5, 2013
spudgun wrote:
To clarify 2 Chr 15:13 "All those who wouldn’t look to the Lord, the God of Israel, would be killed. It wouldn’t matter how important they were. It wouldn’t matter whether they were men or women."
Your god orders atheists to be put to death."
Otherwise God will make you suffer. verse 6 "That’s because God was causing them to suffer terribly."
This evil book lacks compassion and morality. And bizarrely Jesus fully confirms these laws to the letter, in both Matthews and Lukes gospels.
Fundamentalist take the Bible literally which is funny as atheists do also.
Another example of how atheists and fundamentalist seem the same.

Atheists in Russian killed millions. We need no O T stories just recent history
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

#70635 Apr 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Those three questions will go unanswered as well by John.

John is:
Deceptive - you never would buy a used car from him - heart surgery... call the Funeral home in advance!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#70636 Apr 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Bible there are explicit commands in the OT to commit genocide and terrorism. You cannot simply ignore these verses. The OT is apparently the word of God as well as the NT.

In the NT Jesus promises eternal torture in hell for those who dont believe him.

These are scare tactics. We are told God is about peace and love, yet the Bible god commits atrocities and is cruel. He wants to punish nearly everyone in eternal hellfire, except 144000 jewish virgins. Very silly if you ask me.
John

United States

#70637 Apr 5, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.[

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 4,905
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Subduction Zone 85,563
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jan 17 ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Jan 15 superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web