Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70186 Mar 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why do all powerful gods need sycophants?
<quoted text>
if there were ever a shred of evidence for one of those gods, we could start that discussion.

get back to me when you get that very first shred...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70187 Mar 28, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me an example of proof?
What's the matter, can't you? of course you can't - because you're lying about god that's why. You silly fool!
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#70188 Mar 28, 2013
I know, of course, that you won't be holding your breath.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if there were ever a shred of evidence for one of those gods, we could start that discussion.
get back to me when you get that very first shred...
John

United States

#70189 Mar 28, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between what we consider evidence and what you consider evidence? What is the difference in your standard and what you think is ours?
The Christian scientific method is just fine in the mode it was intended. You miss out on a ton of information when you limit your thinking to one all encompassing modality. Perhaps this is semantics and evidence isn't the proper word. Contrary to liar Bob we don't have irrefutable measurement of a conscience but the idea of one existed long before a microscope.

Science is constantly evolving and many things once treated as sacrosanct have been disregarded. Remember when the coccyx was a prehensile tail? Oops. Science is a piece of a puzzle. A big one, but being open to other information/evidence sources isn't anti-science. It's freethinking.

Don't even get me started on grant monies and agendas that start out with a preconceived finding first and the experimental conditions made to fit the coordinated result.

The shroud of Turin has no explanation. Sure there is carbon dating (another issue) but no adequate scientific explanation for the transposed images of a man with wounds etc. Maybe these fishermen and goatherders pulled a fast one our modern day science can't figure out. Maybe some other explanation exists. The difference is I'm open to explanation and atheists say they will wait for evidence. Well, it seems to me that means if science can't address it nothing will. Notice I didn't leap to a conclusion. I'm more a totality of info/circumstance go. I didn't mention the Shroud for any religious statement either.

You expect me to debate evidence with a group that doesn't accept a historical Jesus? Umm, I don't think so. They can hang onto their axes and I'll consider information from wherever I can get it.

At what point do you believe in something? What's the threshold? A beaker and microscope. Do you believe in love? We can see chemical combinations, mri scans of the brain, but that doesn't prove love. Some things are slippery.

I consider my ahem guess to be informed and educated. If you don't, you don't.

Now I'll get back to the bigots. I'm done here and it isn't personal. There are too many antitheists revealing nothing for me to have a side conversation. You want to debate bring some evidence. If not be comfortable enough in your disbelief instead of spending your time on a God you don't believe in.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70190 Mar 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I know, of course, that you won't be holding your breath.
<quoted text>
?!?!?

PHHHEEEWWWwwww....ewww..eww!

Freakin' now you tell me!!!! gasp...gasp...wheeeeeeze...gas p...

still no shred to even make that discussion?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70192 Mar 28, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian scientific method is just fine in the mode it was intended. You miss out on a ton of information when you limit your thinking to one all encompassing modality. Perhaps this is semantics and evidence isn't the proper word. Contrary to liar Bob we don't have irrefutable measurement of a conscience but the idea of one existed long before a microscope.
Science is constantly evolving and many things once treated as sacrosanct have been disregarded. Remember when the coccyx was a prehensile tail? Oops. Science is a piece of a puzzle. A big one, but being open to other information/evidence sources isn't anti-science. It's freethinking.
Don't even get me started on grant monies and agendas that start out with a preconceived finding first and the experimental conditions made to fit the coordinated result.
The shroud of Turin has no explanation. Sure there is carbon dating (another issue) but no adequate scientific explanation for the transposed images of a man with wounds etc. Maybe these fishermen and goatherders pulled a fast one our modern day science can't figure out. Maybe some other explanation exists. The difference is I'm open to explanation and atheists say they will wait for evidence. Well, it seems to me that means if science can't address it nothing will. Notice I didn't leap to a conclusion. I'm more a totality of info/circumstance go. I didn't mention the Shroud for any religious statement either.
You expect me to debate evidence with a group that doesn't accept a historical Jesus? Umm, I don't think so. They can hang onto their axes and I'll consider information from wherever I can get it.
At what point do you believe in something? What's the threshold? A beaker and microscope. Do you believe in love? We can see chemical combinations, mri scans of the brain, but that doesn't prove love. Some things are slippery.
I consider my ahem guess to be informed and educated. If you don't, you don't.
Now I'll get back to the bigots. I'm done here and it isn't personal. There are too many antitheists revealing nothing for me to have a side conversation. You want to debate bring some evidence. If not be comfortable enough in your disbelief instead of spending your time on a God you don't believe in.
I very much appreciate this response! It was well laid out. Thank you.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70193 Mar 28, 2013
Mariowhatshisname wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does, if you believe in "zombies", that are bigoted, and ignorantly tout crystal ball, tarot card reading side show cannibalisTic freakishness, with no moral ideal of right or wrong, that can't read in comprehension beyond a 4rth grade level.
Not everyone believes in that kind of hedonstic crazy shit though.
Thank God.
You did not explain:

Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70194 Mar 28, 2013
Talkofthewistedndistorted wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy, hednosisTic, twisted and distorted, hatred and intolerance of that which is bigoted.
Yes. What you said >>does<< explain Genuine Christianity™ all too well.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70195 Mar 28, 2013
Truthfulones wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very insightful.
Really?

Did your Stump-John show PROOF that I lied?

No?

He cannot-- for I never have on Topix.

But that you think Stumpy's "insightful" is rather revealing to YOUR character...

... and it's not looking good for you either.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70196 Mar 28, 2013
Truthfulones wrote:
Wonders how long it will take for the e-vile parasiTic blood and life sucking freak(s) to latch onto the shirt tails of oxygenated, non-brain dead, non-ethically challenged of this thread.
Anyone have a majikal, invisible serum potion, to hide from vile witch hunting, pitch fork torch carrying freaks?
Good!

You once again describe True Believers™.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70197 Mar 28, 2013
Truthfulones wrote:
<quoted text>
and until you zombiem brainless paper licking DOLT types can learn NOT to project your OWN hatred and opinions onto others-please stay AWAY from MY posts.
Want NO part of that hatred poison-NONE whatsoever. It's sickening.
I see your melt-down has commenced.

Classic behavior of another True Believer™

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70198 Mar 28, 2013
Truthfulones wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in special rights for ANYONE.
Gay, atheist, jewish or otherwise.
In my opinion that "special" anything leads to delusionality-and creates a socio-ILLogical enitleMENTALly diseased society.
I'ts like saying everyone should like "peas"--which is so ignorant, it is beyond belief that such Ignorance even exists.
That Ignorance is on the same elementary level as expecting people that believe in certain other ways, to alter their customs of traditions to allow for that which may not believe in.
That is why we have SECULAR realms.
So get over it already-you are not anymore special than anyone else,and not everyone in the world will like or can be forced to eat peas!!!!!!!!!!
REALITY.
The problem with your super-simplistic world-view?

Is that it permits the MAJORITY to discriminate against any and all MINORITIES, just because they can.

That's the problem with simple-minded people such as yourself: you are simply unable to see beyond the limits of your own self.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70199 Mar 28, 2013
Truthfulones wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is AIDS or STD's. Does that factor into your spiel of bullchit?
Two way street there-hypocrite.
What?

Are you trying to claim either of these dread diseases are somehow... "punishment from gawd" or something?

Sick.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70200 Mar 28, 2013
Truthfulones wrote:
<quoted text>
No special rights for anyone.
Don't shove your hate and intolerance down MY throat-because I'll shove it right back at you.
Riiight, so that the Majority can go back to enslaving the minority?

For that IS what happened, when we did things YOUR way...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70201 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an excuse, worst is that you know it. You are making excuses for people who verbally assault, deny employment, and even physically attack people who are a smaller number just because they are not the majority. That is bigotry.
Yep.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70202 Mar 28, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
What about AIDS and STD's?
What did i say that is hypocritical?
Your response either makes no sense or needs more clarification of what you are comparing here.
I suspect, that him being a True Believer™, he thinks AIDS & STD's are "punishment from gawd" or some other foolishness.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70203 Mar 28, 2013
John wrote:
Good to see you don't support infanticide. The ultimate human rights violation. Gay marriage, religion,,,, what about atheistm LOL. Let's discuss that. It is an atheism forum.
Yet, the Genuine Bible™ has it's god doing exactly that: in the Noachian flood, bible-god MURDERS all the babies in the world.

But it's worse: bible-god repeatedly commands the Israelites to kill EVERYONE, including babies.

So, if you don't wish to support infanticide? You must NOT support the bible.
Tottad

London, KY

#70204 Mar 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. What you said >>does<< explain Genuine Christianity™ all too well.
Thank you, although I personally think that descriptive could apply to any sector of society, that harbors extremism within.
John

United States

#70205 Mar 28, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I very much appreciate this response! It was well laid out. Thank you.
No problem. I know you think I've lumped you in with the rest of the forum. At one point I was pretty clear about qualifying my posts were directed at antitheists. I got lazy. Unfortunately there will be some collateral damage for the very small minority here that aren't.

You have raised some good questions and they aren't without merit. One thing we do agree on is we don't know what we don't know. The universe is stranger than we can imagine.

We could have a nice conversation over coffee I'm sure, but due to others I don't want to play my hand and divulge more information than is necessary.

Imagine doing this for four years. I barely even read the posts. I skim for content, find it lacking and move on. These posts are done from my phone and aren't even reviewed 95 percent of the time.

I am here to expose the Bobs of the world. I've done it with ease. I will continue doing it. Bob is a microcosm of the forum imo and a big reason why atheists are marginalized outside the forum.

No one likes intellectual cowards and bigots.
Tottad

London, KY

#70206 Mar 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Did your Stump-John show PROOF that I lied?
No?
He cannot-- for I never have on Topix.
But that you think Stumpy's "insightful" is rather revealing to YOUR character...
... and it's not looking good for you either.
What was the question again?

You're just mad because this stumpy person said something you didn't agree with? You stubbed your toe? You have a crystal ball that has been condensated via moisture instrusion, therefore, it's really foggy internally and that's messing with your brain cell, during the active moments when not in the frequent and perpetual ten second hibernation mode?
All of the above?

It's not nice, or dignified, or even professional to just elementarely call people stoopid names like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Becoming a parent changed everything. 9 min Givemeliberty 16
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 11 min oneear69 22,286
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 21 min Patrick 332
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... 28 min Patrick 14
Atheist Babies 36 min Patrick 39
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 57 min Patrick 194
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 1 hr Patrick 4,107
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
•••

Atheism People Search