Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#70517 Apr 3, 2013
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
John

United States

#70518 Apr 3, 2013
No evidence at all five years into an atheism forum. Nothing to see here.
Thinking

UK

#70519 Apr 3, 2013
It's only for grown ups.
John wrote:
No evidence at all five years into an atheism forum. Nothing to see here.
Thinking

UK

#70520 Apr 3, 2013
Cu*t has two main meanings.
Neither are slang.
I'm not using it in reference to female body parts.
No sexism here.
I'm an equal opportunities c*nter.
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the superior atheist insulting other using slang words for women body part. Here I'll use a body part that you atheist all seem obsessed with.
You're an AZS.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70521 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
No evidence at all five years into an atheism forum. Nothing to see here.
Yeah no proof of god. Care to roll your sleeves up? I mean it has been since the dawn of time itself...

Atheism is a lack of belief in god, what exactly did you expect to see here einstein?
John

United States

#70522 Apr 3, 2013
So you keep reiterating. A simple lack of belief. Good, now get your nothing out of here bigot.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70523 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
No evidence at all five years into an atheism forum. Nothing to see here.
No evidence for god since the beginning of time itself. Yet you still continue to talk sh*t.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70524 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
So you keep reiterating. A simple lack of belief. Good, now get your nothing out of here bigot.
Correct your bible, there's a good chap - remove the bit that judges all atheists without ever having met them.

There's you're bigotry right there in black & white for generations to witness.

You can type the paragraphs of ridiculous opinions but you can't face the facts in your own book John.
John

United States

#70525 Apr 3, 2013
You want nothing to do with God, he gives you the choice. Do you want forced submission? Oh wait, you don't believe in God. There has never been any proof whatsoever that meets your criteria in this arena. Isn't that right? Interesting you all choose belief. Specifically, Christianity.

Do you want to debate your nothing vs my something? No, you prefer pot shots from the fence huh Stumpee.
Thinking

UK

#70526 Apr 3, 2013
Are you a muslim?
John wrote:
You want nothing to do with God, he gives you the choice. Do you want forced submission? Oh wait, you don't believe in God. There has never been any proof whatsoever that meets your criteria in this arena. Isn't that right? Interesting you all choose belief. Specifically, Christianity.
Do you want to debate your nothing vs my something? No, you prefer pot shots from the fence huh Stumpee.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70527 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
You want nothing to do with God, he gives you the choice. Do you want forced submission? Oh wait, you don't believe in God. There has never been any proof whatsoever that meets your criteria in this arena. Isn't that right? Interesting you all choose belief. Specifically, Christianity.
Do you want to debate your nothing vs my something? No, you prefer pot shots from the fence huh Stumpee.
there has never been any shred of evidence for ANY god, gods or goddesses.
John

United States

#70528 Apr 3, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 67,705 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70529 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 67,705 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
No, ther is no evidence. none.
John

United States

#70530 Apr 3, 2013
Prove it then. This us your claim and your axe. You have no intention of discussing your magic science so pick whatever it is you don't believe there is evidence for. Interesting its always a prime mover, but you run away fast when I challenge you to debate.

Your nothing is noted. Over and over and over. March, hate, march, march, hate, nothing, march for no evidence, march, hate that God,

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70531 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped my questions Bob. That's the liberal atheist way. You'd like nothing better than to force your warped views on society.
Tell us about your magic science.
Who Would Jesus Hate?

Ask Nothing-John: he'll tell you even if you DO NOT ask!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70533 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
So you keep reiterating. A simple lack of belief. Good, now get your nothing out of here bigot.
Who Would Jesus Hate, John?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70534 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
You want nothing to do with God, he gives you the choice. Do you want forced submission? Oh wait, you don't believe in God. There has never been any proof whatsoever that meets your criteria in this arena. Isn't that right? Interesting you all choose belief. Specifically, Christianity.
Do you want to debate your nothing vs my something? No, you prefer pot shots from the fence huh Stumpee.
I'm willing to debate you John:

You first-- YOU are the one with the INCREDIBLE CLAIM after all.

Let's see YOUR ARGUMENT for your prime mover.

ANY argument you have will do-- any sort at all.

What?

No?

You don't HAVE EVEN ONE?

Hmmmm.......

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70535 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 67,705 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Who Would Jesus Hate, John?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70536 Apr 3, 2013
John wrote:
Prove it then. This us your claim and your axe. You have no intention of discussing your magic science so pick whatever it is you don't believe there is evidence for. Interesting its always a prime mover, but you run away fast when I challenge you to debate.
Your nothing is noted. Over and over and over. March, hate, march, march, hate, nothing, march for no evidence, march, hate that God,
You keep IGNORING MY QUESTION, John:

Who Would Jesus Hate?
John

United States

#70537 Apr 3, 2013
You skipped my questions bigot. I do prefer that to your lies however. You don't believe in Jesus. How bizarre to keep posting about him and nothing about your nothing.

Thanks for nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Science 78,600
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr Science 1,402
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Aug 16 Science 32,430
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web