Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
67,301 - 67,320 of 70,959 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 7

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
Nothing to run from. Great forum. Well thought out LOL.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John, do you want to sit for years and read a long list of what each atheists who participates here actually believes? As theists, atheists no doubt believe in millions of things, which are believable and provable, but you should know already what at least most of those are, or at least you could research it, because someone could give you many things that atheists, and theists, believe that are not related to invisible superpowers.

Not having a belief in a god, is only one thing about a complicated human being.

Atheism is growing, or on the march, as this topic states, not because people are promoting the non belief, but rather because more people are coming to not believe because they have considered the topic of deities, and found there is no evidence to suggest that any deities exist. Others may have just gone through life never having had the topic of deity introduced to them, though I suspect in a world of information we have today, that is rare in developed countries.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 67,280 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
John, do the work yourself, because I haven't enough education to be able to follow it very far, in that subject, but show us the science that gives us the ability to communicate on the internet. Because of the intricacies and preciseness involved it must be proven science, or we would fail in applying it to get to what we take for granted today.

As I say I do not know much of the complexities of what makes these things work, but I think they are provable and predictable by people who are learned in those things.

When I went to school, computers were beginning to make an appearance though their capacities and abilities would be only a tiny fraction of the complexities today, but aside from basic physics and other sciences on which these things were built there was nothing being taught about computer science in any of the studies I took at highschool or university. I suspect children today are likely much more advanced than I am at a very early stage of their education, regarding computer science.

But I look almost every day at the evidence that the sciences that someone discovered really works.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit-
John, I didn't read that full post, because I think you are looking for something from non-believers that is not possible to give you. Those that have been argumentative and/or abusive on the side of atheism, IMO, have done so mainly in opposition to some of the things that believers state are right or true, just because 'God said so' but some of these things man does know are not true, so when a believer becomes belligerent, which is what I have experienced on Topix from fundamentalist believers, and start calling non-believers various derogatory names, and threatening them with eternal torture for holding the lack of belief, I think it is perhaps not admirable but understandable that some of them will lash out at the believers, and use what the believers claim against them.

If a believer believes that certain behavior towards others is condemned by God, then why do the believers use that same behavior towards non-believers or others?

Those is the kind of things that non believers get agitated, excited, argumentative, belligerent about.

If we name God in a statement it is referring to what you believe about God so that you will have reference to the point from your understanding.

If I say 'if the God you believe in exists, then you are a hypocrite to act a certain way to non-believers', that is a conditional statement, which I don't believe is based on the existence of a real God, but would be the case if, in fact, a real God does or did exist.

Humans have the ability and use it all the time to talk about non-existent things, because that is part of what makes up some of human communication, but that does not mean the things they imagine or state are what they necessarily believe exist.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence satisfies YOU, whether that is God or another possibility. This forum just chooses to fixate on Christianity. The question starts out as something vs nothing. Would you care to make a case for your nothing?
Lots of talk about evidence but none submitted. Some other good ones are rational and logical. Make up a rational, logical beginning always was without skipping steps.
God, always was, something from nothin,, all the same to you. God is simply your axe to grind.
No evidence. No accountable position. Dismissed and stumped.
Florida school apologizes after students stomp on ‘Jesus’.

By Bruce Schreiner and Gilma Avalos , NBCMiami.com

Florida Gov. Rick Scott has waded into a religious-infused campus controversy, asking the state university system chancellor to look into a classroom lesson at Florida Atlantic University in which students were instructed to stomp on sheets of paper that had "Jesus" written on them.

Scott said in a letter Tuesday to State University System Chancellor Frank Brogan that he was "deeply disappointed" by the recent incident in an intercultural communications class and said it raised questions about "the lessons being taught in our classrooms." He said he wanted a report on the incident and how it was handled, as well as a statement of the university's policies to ensure such "lessons" don't occur again....
----------
About time people started standing up for what is RIGHT, and expecting people to behave with some DECENCY, civility and respect, for and of others, in this nation again!!!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

You don't believe there is any evidence in this arena to stake out a position. Great. End forum. If you are insistent on going further (which this forum is) you better have answers for your hypocrisy.

Do you really want to sit for years and years because of simple disbelief? Apparently you guys do.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Hate that God, march, march, march.

No evidence or accountable position in the atheism forum. The prime mover argument either scares them or they have nothing.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida Gov. Rick Scott has waded into a religious-infused campus controversy, asking the state university system chancellor to look into a classroom lesson at Florida Atlantic University in which students were instructed to stomp on sheets of paper that had "Jesus" written on them.
Scott said in a letter Tuesday to State University System Chancellor Frank Brogan that he was "deeply disappointed" by the recent incident in an intercultural communications class and said it raised questions about "the lessons being taught in our classrooms." He said he wanted a report on the incident and how it was handled, as well as a statement of the university's policies to ensure such "lessons" don't occur again....
----------
About time people started standing up for what is RIGHT, and expecting people to behave with some DECENCY, civility and respect, for and of others, in this nation again!!!
Respect for religious cults? why?

what have they done to earn respect?
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

You have no evidence.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence satisfies YOU, whether that is God or another possibility. This forum just chooses to fixate on Christianity. The question starts out as something vs nothing. Would you care to make a case for your nothing?
Lots of talk about evidence but none submitted. Some other good ones are rational and logical. Make up a rational, logical beginning always was without skipping steps.
God, always was, something from nothin,, all the same to you. God is simply your axe to grind.
No evidence. No accountable position. Dismissed and stumped.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the bible, it says that all atheists are fools. Once again idiots theists trying to play victim instead of correcting the proven hate in their belief system.
You harass 90% of the world with your made up gods and you build building and you try to brainwash our kids. You should be ashamed of yourselves, failures of nature itself.
I don't harass anybody about their beliefs, nor do I brainwash anyone. I don't believe in guilting or humiliating people, finding that kind of thing to be of conivers and manipulators.
Nature isn't perfect either.
Sorry, I don't play that hate game :-).
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

What do you think christians should do about Westboro Baptists?
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Respect for religious cults? why?
what have they done to earn respect?
YOU may see it as "religious cults".

I see it as individuals with different perspectives, opinions etc.

I refuse to lump and label people as "all duh same" herdpack, finding such Mentality to be derived of T-total Ignorance.
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Do you think that is due to bad design?
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature isn't perfect either.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU may see it as "religious cults".
I see it as individuals with different perspectives, opinions etc.
I refuse to lump and label people as "all duh same" herdpack, finding such Mentality to be derived of T-total Ignorance.
how is christianity not a religious cult? it fits every definition of it perfectly...
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how is christianity not a religious cult? it fits every definition of it perfectly...
People are allowed to think for themselves.

Put down the hater sippy cup stuck to your bigotry hole-and try it sometime. Of course that also means having personal accountability of ones self..people have a hard time with that part of sometimes.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Do you think that is due to bad design?
<quoted text>
Not always, no.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Thinking wrote:
What do you think christians should do about Westboro Baptists?
<quoted text>
Arrest them every time they show up with their vileness somewhere. Just like any other herdpack, thug type thing.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
People are allowed to think for themselves.
Put down the hater sippy cup stuck to your bigotry hole-and try it sometime. Of course that also means having personal accountability of ones self..people have a hard time with that part of sometimes.
let us look at teh very first lesson of your cult from teh garden of eden...

"do not seek knowledge. do just as you are told in stated of ignorance and bliss and all will be perfect..."

not too cult-like, huh? sheesh!

then add on the indoctrinate your friends and family, and then the part of giveing them your money...

yeah sure, pal...not too cult-like...totally supposed to think for yourselve...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible I read encourages love, faith, compassion, understanding, tolerance and respect of and for others.
Books are harmless, they ar einanimate object. The various ways that people choose twist and distort them to suit themselves, is what can be harmful to others.
I for one, personally choose NOT to dwell on negatives, or incitements of hatred of any kind against others, when ever possible.
Then you did not read all of it.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit'
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Still no evidence or accountable position from the bigots. Nothing is a tough case. I wouldn't put it up against a prime mover either. Of course I wouldn't be such a nutcase as to spend my days fighting something I don't believe in.

Nothing bless

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••