Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#70409 Apr 1, 2013
Great call. The proven liar Bob is honest LOL. You took the time to trot out nothing once again though. The implication you are somehow intellectually above believers is comical. Your another pseudointellectual without a shred of evidence or answers for your hypocrisy. We needed another bigot. Welcome!

John

United States

#70410 Apr 1, 2013
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise >
Tidbits

London, KY

#70411 Apr 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, riiiiight... it's just fine for straights to go all kissy-kissy in public, in front of the kids and everything.
But if a gay couple dare to show a wee bit of public affection, you want to hang them from the nearest street light?
Does that about cover your bigoted attitude here?
It certainly looks that way from how you write.
But what else, from a Genuine Christian™... it is a hate cult after all.
Myrtle Manor.

Gaudy, baudy and tacky, but with some retention of FAMILY values...respect of others. Please have some decency.

Better than watching slobbering, rabid dogs in heat, that's for sure.
Tidbits

London, KY

#70412 Apr 1, 2013
John wrote:
Now Bob is using gay people to cover for his nothing. I disagree with homosexual sex Bob. Do you have a problem with that? Liberal atheists are tyrants. When atheists achieve power freedom goes and the death toll mounts.
Atheism is NO excuse to harm others in any way, shape. form or fashion.

None whatsoever.
Tidbits

London, KY

#70413 Apr 1, 2013
Neither is being gay or straight, or repub, demo, or any other labelduhmeddown labelduhm bullchit.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70414 Apr 1, 2013
John wrote:
Now Bob is using gay people to cover for his nothing. I disagree with homosexual sex Bob. Do you have a problem with that? Liberal atheists are tyrants. When atheists achieve power freedom goes and the death toll mounts.
Freedom goes? How so?
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70415 Apr 1, 2013
I believe you talk about gays too much.
John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.* shame reminder- Bob has been proven a liar.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#70416 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>Wow... your hate is showing, Genuine Christian™...
It's not hate =. It's the word of the God I follow.

I cannot stop your gayness, nor would I ever try. The Bible tells me where you're going and how God will judge you. That's enough for me. You have yourself a real nice day now.

M&M

Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:26-28
For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Exodus 22:19
“Whoever lies with an animal shall be put to death.

Leviticus 18:15-24
You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son's wife, you shall not uncover her nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife; it is your brother's nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and of her daughter, and you shall not take her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter to uncover her nakedness; they are relatives; it is depravity. And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is still alive.“You shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness while she is in her menstrual uncleanness....

Romans 1:26
For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
Mary Magdalena

United States

#70417 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>Oh, riiiiight... it's just fine for straights to go all kissy-kissy in public, in front of the kids and everything.

But if a gay couple dare to show a wee bit of public affection, you want to hang them from the nearest street light?

Does that about cover your bigoted attitude here?

It certainly looks that way from how you write.

But what else, from a Genuine Christian™... it is a hate cult after all.
One is natural the other is perverted.
Sorry not my rules. But biblical rules they are!

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son's wife, you shall not uncover her nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife; it is your brother's nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and of her daughter, and you shall not take her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter to uncover her nakedness; they are relatives; it is depravity. And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is still alive.“You shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness while she is in her menstrual uncleanness....

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#70418 Apr 1, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
...It's the word of the God I follow....
It's mythology

Religion = superstition

Location hidden

#70419 Apr 1, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not hate =. It's the word of the God I follow.
I cannot stop your gayness, nor would I ever try. The Bible tells me where you're going and how God will judge you. That's enough for me. You have yourself a real nice day now.
M&M
Are you familiar with the Westboro baptist church? If you aren't already a member you may be interested in joining. They also shift the hate to god and the bible to convince themselves they aren't bigots.

If you, like most Christians, don't think the Westboro baptist church gives Christianity a good image.... Then maybe some introspection is in order.
John

United States

#70421 Apr 1, 2013
Why are you so intolerant? This is the problem with liberal atheism, they think they know best and will do all they can to make sure your beliefs fit their playbook. Left unchecked they become tyrants.

What re-education camp do you want to force me to go to because I believe homosexual sex is wrong? What institutions do you want to tear down because they won't capitulate to your agenda? Boy scouts, churches?

What if I don't want to hire a transexual at my children's book store? Please let us know what's ok with you Bloomberg.
John

United States

#70422 Apr 1, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 67,613 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Location hidden

#70423 Apr 1, 2013
John wrote:
Why are you so intolerant? This is the problem with liberal atheism, they think they know best and will do all they can to make sure your beliefs fit their playbook. Left unchecked they become tyrants.
What re-education camp do you want to force me to go to because I believe homosexual sex is wrong? What institutions do you want to tear down because they won't capitulate to your agenda? Boy scouts, churches?
What if I don't want to hire a transexual at my children's book store? Please let us know what's ok with you Bloomberg.
I don't know if you are addressing me... But if you are... What am I intolerant of other than intolerance? Within my comment it is obvious I am not aiming at Christians as a whole. I did directly make a comparison of the hate group called the Westboro Baptist church though!

Bigotry... Bigots... Bigot... That word you love to use that I've yet to see used accurately. Look at the definition yet again please.

EVERYONE please understand this word:
Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

I feel like most people read up to the word opinions and stop reading... Everyone has opinions... If we have different opinions we disagree... If we disagree we naturally think the other person is wrong. If that person doesn't change their opinion they are not a bigot!

I do not care what someone believes in or doesn't believe in when they are treating a group of people unfairly. I am intolerant of intolerance... And in a way tha makes me a bigot of bigots. Yet I am not getting in the way of bigots being allowed to have a normal healthy life... I would be happy if bigots are legally allowed to marry... I would prefer that they don't vote but I would fight for their right to do so! Lol

P.S. John... When I defend homosexuals rights and you address the subject I address the topic at hand. I know the last time I was in this position you seemed bothered that I pulled you off of your original goal with the whole accountable position thing. Therefore, I understand if you don't reply... Just don't be upset with me for getting you off track again since you did respond to this topic.
John

United States

#70424 Apr 1, 2013
Fair enough. I did respond. Now and then I do interject on whatever side tangent is thrown out there. It's almost always some sort of off topic tangent though now isn't it. Almost as if there is a liberal atheist playbook.

I don't need a definition of bigotry. My evidence is all over these posts.

Your definition of hate or intolerance don't necessarily jibe with mine. There is a difference between forced compliance to your version of tolerance and hate. I asked my questions for a reason.

You can't force your belief on institutions or individuals that don't agree with you. If I don't want my child taught by a crossdresser its not hate. If I don't want my child educated that homosexual sex is a perfectly acceptable choice that is natural and right its not hate. If I don't want girls in the boy scouts its not hate.

You are simply trying to foist your version of tolerance on me. Anything doesn't go. Westboro is a far cry from what's been stated in this forum on the subject.

It's intolerant to try and force your views on me. I think its wrong. Try as you might the founding fathers built this country on tolerance and inalienable rights. God given BTW.

Go research why psychologists changed their diagnosis of homosexuality. Another example of agenda corrupting science.

I don't believe in hate crimes by the way. Murder is murder. Rape is rape. Assault is assault.

I want to see where you stand on this. What's your line.? Specifically, should organizations that believe homosexual sex is wrong be forced to accept and condone the behavior?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70425 Apr 1, 2013
Ranx wrote:
<quoted text>
That's comedy gold, seeing someone complain about a lack of intelligent debate while falling back to an attack on their maturity.
Cognitive Dissonance is strong in this one.
Yes it is.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70426 Apr 1, 2013
John wrote:
What is your ARGUMENT for your ... ahem... "prime mover", John?

What's that?

You do not HAVE one?

Wow.... that's kinda sad, buddy.

5 years of your NOTHING, just wasted effort-- you haven't converted even ONE person to your nothing....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70427 Apr 1, 2013
John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.* shame reminder- Bob has been proven a liar.

What's that?

You do not HAVE one?

5 years of your NOTHING, just wasted effort-- you haven't converted even ONE person to your nothing....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70428 Apr 1, 2013
John wrote:
Now Bob is using gay people ...
No-- I fight for the RIGHTS of EVERYONE.

Including gay people.

In direct contrast to YOU, who would hang all gays from the nearest tree, if you could.

Your hate-cult is well known for it's atrocity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70429 Apr 1, 2013
John wrote:
Did you just add nothing to your nothing forum? You did.
Have I exposed your evidentiary standard? I have.
Do you want to compare the evidences/reasons to believe in a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. You don't.
Scurry away now. You're nothing drive by is complete.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

What's that?

You do not HAVE one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min ChristineM 20,104
News a€‹GORMAN: Science is a religion 12 min hpcaban 2
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 33 min Chimney1 35,194
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 14,943
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 31
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 255,513
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 4,484
More from around the web