Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Lincoln

United States

#70373 Mar 31, 2013
Atheists on the march in America?
......on the march in the 1960s, since then, not so much.
Libertarian mask as atheists and are also rejected?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70374 Mar 31, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
How could electricity effect that which is dead?
:)
Or missing entirely?

You do have a point.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70375 Mar 31, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe John is in search of an excuse to justify the dogma that has been hammered into his head.
This is a futile effort as we know, but it doesn't stop him from robo posting, which has proved the power of theological brainwashing.
He seeks attention - like a small child - deny him that and he will go away - reply to his lunacy and you just feed his fractured ego.
After 5 years of the same robotic post from Nothing-John, and with sometimes months of people ignoring him, he appears to be here for the duration, regardless.

So I think of a pithy reply, copy that into my multi-clip engine, and post that to each of his nothings.

Because it amuses me to use irony and a visual bit of sarcasm.

But also because it takes so very little to show him up, for the benefit of anyone lurking or who is new (and not a sock-puppet of John himself).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70376 Mar 31, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
His posts remind me of ground hog day.
The movie with Bill Effing Murry?

Brilliant!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70377 Mar 31, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 67,600 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
What is your ARGUMENT for your ... ahem... "prime mover", John?

What's that?

You do not HAVE one?

Wow.... that's kinda sad, buddy.

5 years of your NOTHING, just wasted effort-- you haven't converted even ONE person to your nothing....
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#70378 Mar 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
After 5 years of the same robotic post from Nothing-John, and with sometimes months of people ignoring him, he appears to be here for the duration, regardless.
So I think of a pithy reply, copy that into my multi-clip engine, and post that to each of his nothings.
Because it amuses me to use irony and a visual bit of sarcasm.
But also because it takes so very little to show him up, for the benefit of anyone lurking or who is new (and not a sock-puppet of John himself).
I cannot waste my time with fact allergic, reality challenged retards.

This poor dimwit reminds me of Ted Haggard.

One wonders what bizarre cult this boy's addicted to! Perhaps a former altar boy?

All I can see is unabashed narcissism.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#70379 Mar 31, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot waste my time with fact allergic, reality challenged retards.

One wonders what bizarre cult this boy's addicted to! Perhaps a former altar boy?

So many gay thoughts among the atheist males.(Note: I did not say men)

I can see now that there is a very big lack of intelligent debate. More along the lines of a group of little boys (still waiting on their curly hair) grouping up to try and pick on someone.
I've see this in grade school many times.

Sick children.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70381 Mar 31, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
So many gay thoughts among the atheist males.(Note: I did not say men)
I can see now that there is a very big lack of intelligent debate. More along the lines of a group of little boys (still waiting on their curly hair) grouping up to try and pick on someone.
I've see this in grade school many times.
Sick children.
Something wrong with people being gay? you're not a biogot now, are you?

sick bigots....

St. Croix valley

#70382 Mar 31, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Atheists on the march in America?
......on the march in the 1960s, since then, not so much.
Libertarian mask as atheists and are also rejected?
in fact, the move to remove religious cults from our public lives has made great strides since the 1960's.

do try to keep up, dear...
John

United States

#70383 Mar 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Something wrong with people being gay? you're not a biogot now, are you?
sick bigots....
I feel there homosexual sex is wrong. Why are you intolerant of that? Another irrelevant side issue.
John

United States

#70384 Mar 31, 2013
More nothing from intolerant atheists. Straight out of the playbook, pick something to attack and marginalize to steer the narrative away from your failures. Obama 101.

I hope the word straight didn't offend some of you.
John

United States

#70385 Mar 31, 2013
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise #
Mary Magdalena

United States

#70386 Mar 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Something wrong with people being gay? you're not a biogot now, are you?

sick bigots....
I don't care what goes on in your bedroom so to say. However when you bring it out as hate comments against others and expect others to just except it, Sorry it doesn't work that way. Once you throw out that ball and put it into play anyone can hit it out of the park.

M&M

St. Croix valley

#70387 Mar 31, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what goes on in your bedroom so to say. However when you bring it out as hate comments against others and expect others to just except it, Sorry it doesn't work that way. Once you throw out that ball and put it into play anyone can hit it out of the park.
M&M
who brought homosexuality out as hate comments against others?
Mary Magdalena

United States

#70388 Mar 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who brought homosexuality out as hate comments against others?
You sure don't have look hard to find them mr tick.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot waste my time with fact allergic, reality challenged retards.

If can don't understand the implied comment then I feel sorry for you.

St. Croix valley

#70389 Mar 31, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
but Ted is a homosexual...

St. Croix valley

#70390 Mar 31, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Wasn't that really a slam against the silly religious cults and not homosexuality?

and there's nothing wrong woth slamming silly religious cults...
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#70391 Mar 31, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Now now... brother Ted got caught with his hand in the cookie jar so to speak - prior to that he was Practically considered a saint, by his easily deluded followers. His sexual orientation is truly irrelevant.

This therefore is the extreme hypocrisy of the religious. They speak out of one side their mouth in favor of their God, But it's all a scam they want your money.

Ask yourself why do you feel that your life depends on some imaginary being - isn't life wonderful just the way it is - why insert a deity into it?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#70392 Mar 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The movie with Bill Effing Murry?
Brilliant!
Yep, I love it.
John

United States

#70393 Mar 31, 2013
Your nothing cause still amazes me. Your last portion of this nothing post is one of the problems with liberal atheists. Instead of basing things on rationality, evidence, or logic they choose to lobby for their agenda. Evidence isn't of consequence.
There is a prime mover or there isn't. Whether you insert one or not doesn't matter one iota. Once again we have a freethinker that is anything but. Magic science will find the answers LOL.
Would you like to make a case for your nothing? How about disprove something larger than us. Get your nonsense out of here!
Man is not the be all end all no matter how much your little ego lashes out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 min Dogen 24,700
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 51,877
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr u196533dm 5,800
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr emperorjohn 11,411
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 2 hr Eagle 12 202
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 2 hr Eagle 12 151
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 hr Eagle 12 22,125
More from around the web