Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70263 Mar 29, 2013
Calm down, dear.

You need to stop all your marching and hating.
John wrote:
March, march, rest, march, hate, march,,,
TwueBelievers

United States

#70264 Mar 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate is still showing, as is your continued melt-down.
Classic Genuine Hate-Filled Christian™
Thank you. Happy pagan Easter!
Paganweather

United States

#70265 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:
March, march, rest, march, hate, march,,,
Especially when the weather hasn't warmed much!!!
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70266 Mar 29, 2013
I, for one, will never touch your tampon.
John wrote:
So what you're a loonie bigot on my string.
John

United States

#70267 Mar 29, 2013
Knew that was coming when I posted. So predictable. The only thing from you loons I can't figure out is how long you will embarass yourselves in this forum of nothing. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. You are very useful. XOXO
John

United States

#70268 Mar 29, 2013
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of nothing commences.$
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70269 Mar 29, 2013
I've eaten at the OXO Tower four times. I strongly recommend it.

http://www.harveynichols.com/oxo-tower-london
John wrote:
Knew that was coming when I posted. So predictable. The only thing from you loons I can't figure out is how long you will embarass yourselves in this forum of nothing. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. You are very useful. XOXO
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70270 Mar 29, 2013
Verbose.
John wrote:
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
John

United States

#70271 Mar 29, 2013
Accurate. Thanks for your well considered nothing.

30 million butchered by the atheist Mao.
John

United States

#70272 Mar 29, 2013
Between 1917 and 2007, 148 million people were slaughtered by atheistic regimes. Historians have cited the lack of a moral compass and rejection of God as why.

The numbers are staggering. Despite being such a minority compared to Christians their rate of murder is astounding. Probably just a coincidence.
John

United States

#70273 Mar 29, 2013
Planned Parenthood official argues for post birth abortion rights. Saw that headline and surmised the official is an Obama voting atheist. Does profiling work? Hmmm.

Haven't read the article. Don't know the persons name, etc. My intuition is better than your ahem facts.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70274 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:
Proven multiple times. I'll add this to the list of lies. No point proving the same lie incessantly. Page 3307 if I recall correctly, but you'll just lie and deny. That's what intellectual cowards do.
Another lie is you have provides an accountable position. If you have to lie for nothing perhaps you should get your bigot butt back up on that fence.
No evidence or accountable position in the atheism forum. My accountable position I will debate vs any you loons want to make a case for is a prime mover. Your silence speaks volumes.
By the way I know you know you lied and were caught Bob. I do enjoy a decided intellectual advantage though so it shouldn't surprise you.
This nothing of yours.....Bwahahaha!!!
Still no proof of:

1) I'm a liar-- no link or it didn't happen

2) proof of either your god OR your ... ahem... "prime mover"

You are still lying.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70275 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:
My accountable position I will debate vs any you loons want to make a case for is a prime mover.
ONCE AGAIN?

Show your ARGUMENT or PROOF for this ... ahem .... "prime mover".

You have NEVER done that even once.

You just continue to lie.

Still no proof.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70276 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:
By the way I know you know you lied and were caught Bob.
Nope.

Post a LINK to this alleged "caught".

You can't because it's a lie.

All you have are lies.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70277 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Accusations without proof equals atheism. Tell me more about your nothing.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Stump a John: ask him for an ARGUMENT for his "prime mover"

John-- still stumped.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70278 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
We have found the missing link LOL.

John-- still stumped.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70279 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:
So what you're a loonie bigot on my string.

John-- still stumped.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70280 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:

John-- still stumped.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70281 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:

John-- still stumped.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70282 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:
Accurate. Thanks for your well considered nothing.
30 million butchered by the atheist Mao.

John-- still stumped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 5 min IB DaMann 80
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min IB DaMann 48,829
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 41 min IB DaMann 23,565
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 49 min IB DaMann 5,713
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 hr Cuddles6778 21,887
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr _Susan_ 258,042
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 11 hr Eagle 12 5
More from around the web