Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#70082 Mar 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who cares if you accept my question. you said you have evidence of your prome mover or whatever...what is it? why do you always run away instead of giving this evidence you say you have?
I don't accept your question. Either you purposefully misinterpret thousands of posts or you have a learning disability.

I notice you presented no evidence or accountable position in your own forum. Nothing, in other words.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70083 Mar 26, 2013
Your English is appalling.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, we can keep the scientific method and laws against murder. Give us the list so we don't stop the advance if knowledge. As soon as I stopped you cobbled together a couple sentences. I imagine youll have some evidence that you hold others to in about an hour. I'll check.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70084 Mar 26, 2013
Cu*t off.
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need to be rude, vulgar or disrespectful of others beliefs. None what-so-ever.
Rude makes for a very UNpleasant environment for people.
So why be rude ?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70085 Mar 26, 2013
John wrote:
The nothing is thick. Your entire forum is about attacking believers in any way possible. Insults, lies, and any other way it can. You are bigots and you have been exposed. Get on your fence where you belong.
I have exposed your nothing and intellectual hypocrisy almost daily for years. Do you want to debate my something vs your nothing? Of course you don't. Instead you steer the narrative far, far, away from your absurd agenda.
I have a whole arsenal of disciplines that have evidences and reasons that point to design. You don't want that debate either. Which I didn't even submit four years ago. I simply asked what do you believe in this arena.
Responding to garbage day after day gets old. Go find another hobby. You got nothin.
My forum is about attacking believers? I don't have a forum.

Do you understand bigotry?

I have responded to at least 3 of your posts that you call someone a bigot in response to a post that did not insult Christians or any people as a group... And point out that laced throughout your entire response is insults to all atheists as a whole. Then you either don't respond or change the subject to your demands of an accountable position and ignore what I said.

You did respond to me a few times in a level headed way... But your blood gets boiling so much that your arrogance clouds your intelligence . Yes, I have seen some ignorant angry atheists on here as well. I don't find them innocent. I address you because you are the person I am attempting to have a conversation with. I'm not a babysitter. I am not here to keep everyone under control.

You and bob and a few others have this insane cut and paste battle that is obviously not getting anyone anywhere.
John

United States

#70086 Mar 26, 2013
I won't apologize four years later after thousands of attacks on believers merely because I asked what you believed. Do you realize I have had discourse with dozens of rational nonbelievers? When there have been dozens of you versus one of me I don't have the time or the desire to address every post.

You either have some evidence you hold others accountable to or you don't. I've exposed that. I have been abundantly clear I am not here to defend every darn thing this forum thinks they know about what I believe. This is an atheism forum. What do you believe? So far its nothing so what's the use repeating it? I have offered to debate my prime mover vs any accountable position you would like. That's only in response to the fixation on a God you don't believe in. It doesn't take the focus off your disbelief.

If you simply don't believe move on. If you have an axe to grind I'm here to expose you.

I waited for the second half of your post. If I missed it, my bad. It's clear you have no adequate way to quantify the possibilities though.

Want to try another topic where I get to ask all the questions and never have to answer any of my own?

This is endless because the atheism forum is filled with intellectually dishonest antitheists that want to sling little invectives and hide. Here I am. Meet the prerequisites or keep howling.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#70087 Mar 26, 2013
By the way my blood doesn't get boiling. I'm amused. The cut and paste is because I don't need to repeat myself ad nauseum.
My accountable position is a prime mover? Care to show an evidence based case from your "side" in the entirety of this forum? Thought not. Quit bitching then.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70088 Mar 26, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't accept your question. Either you purposefully misinterpret thousands of posts or you have a learning disability.
I notice you presented no evidence or accountable position in your own forum. Nothing, in other words.
yes, again you run away. you said you'd provide your evidence, yet you just ran away instead...again...

why johnny? why even ie about it in the first place if you know you will not do what you say you will?
John

United States

#70089 Mar 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Your English is appalling.
<quoted text>
You confuse easily. Is this your example of evidence? Atheists don't do questions. I want to make sure I respond to all these riveting posts for empatheist.

Where is liar Bob? Face the music bigot Bob!
John

United States

#70090 Mar 26, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Prime mover. Yours? Run from the nothing. The evidence is overwhelming LOL.
John

United States

#70091 Mar 26, 2013
Christiana are being slaughtered all across the globe by Muslims. Oh, they don't like you either. Just thought I would add that since the forum is so concerned with what I believe.

Tell me more about your disbelief. Maybe I'm missing something. Seems like I don't believe would be enough, but its not. Tell me more then. Try hard not to focus on others beliefs. Tell me about you. It's your forum. Enlighten me.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#70092 Mar 26, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need to be rude, vulgar or disrespectful of others beliefs. None what-so-ever.
Rude makes for a very UNpleasant environment for people.
So why be rude ?
I was only rude to fictional people. Are you god's lawyer?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70093 Mar 26, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Please feel free to try and address me directly again, when not projecting centuries old misdeeds of history. I don't do scapegoating for, or of others.
I live by love (not hate) respect and consideration, in the 21st century.
Thank you, have a nice day.
We are not talking about you, you are not subject of interest. The subject is atheism vs religion, in particular; Christianity. I am not projecting misdeeds of history, but merely pointing out that the buybull supports and encourages things we consider abhorrent in current society.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70094 Mar 26, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: I don't believe we are supposed to adhere to OT dark age stuff either. So you're really just kind of wasting your time slinging that dark age muck at ones like me.
If we are suppose to throw out one half of the buybull, the OT, then how can we be sure that the NT is any more valid.
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe wives should love and respect their husbands, and vice a versa however, as even general respect of and towards others amongst people is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.
Telling someone to respect another and telling them to be submissive is different. The buybull tells wives to be submissive to their husbands. That is repugnant.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70095 Mar 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would a real god EVER put out such rules? EVER?!?!
how can you justify a god that condoned slavery? regardless of the theological conundrum there if he changed his mind or was wrong the first time...how can you EVER back such a god?
and jesus didn't say those old laws of Moses were not in effect just that there are two different ways to follow god...another theological paradox...
face it, your cult is based on a man-made god...
Whoever that person is, he/she is doing a dance with us. At one point, the person is claiming the buybull is the word of god, then when we point out the horrible sayings in the buybull, the person says that OT dark age stuff should be discounted. It never ceases to amaze me how xtians are so willing to throw out scriptures in their holy book while insisting that their book is holy.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70096 Mar 26, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible I read encourages love, faith, compassion, understanding, tolerance and respect of and for others.
You only read what you wanna read and you purposely ignore scriptures that show the reality of the buybull.
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Books are harmless, they ar einanimate object. The various ways that people choose twist and distort them to suit themselves, is what can be harmful to others.
Books are a powerful form of media. They can encourage or discourage hate and intolerance. The buybull encourages both hate and intolerance.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70097 Mar 26, 2013
John wrote:
You loons don't believe in God. I love how devoted you are to him though LOL. If there is a God you are using the intelligence he gave you to question his. Priceless. You don't believe in God though. You don't believe anything in this arena. Just magic science. Time will answer these questions with magic science.
Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum. This is simply a bigot march.
God did not give me my intelligence.
TruthIs

United States

#70098 Mar 27, 2013
John wrote:
Christiana are being slaughtered all across the globe by Muslims. Oh, they don't like you either. Just thought I would add that since the forum is so concerned with what I believe.
Tell me more about your disbelief. Maybe I'm missing something. Seems like I don't believe would be enough, but its not. Tell me more then. Try hard not to focus on others beliefs. Tell me about you. It's your forum. Enlighten me.
"A Mature person is one who does Not think only in absolutes." Eleanor Roosevelt

Which would include "zero or nothing".

absolute zero
the temperature of &#8722;273.16°C (&#8722;459.69°F), the hypothetical point at which all molecular activity ceases.

Potassium atoms have recently been found to regroup off the Kelvin scale, at below nothing, via magnetic manipulation.
Thank goodness GOOD Science thinks BEYOND zero (or nothing).:-)
TruthIs

United States

#70099 Mar 27, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> You only read what you wanna read and you purposely ignore scriptures that show the reality of the buybull.
<quoted text> Books are a powerful form of media. They can encourage or discourage hate and intolerance. The buybull encourages both hate and intolerance.
Maybe in the way you read it, but not the way I read it.
People encourage that warped kind of stuff, via their own twisted and distorted misinterpretations, and loathing of their own sinful doings.
TruthIs

United States

#70100 Mar 27, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not talking about you, you are not subject of interest. The subject is atheism vs religion, in particular; Christianity. I am not projecting misdeeds of history, but merely pointing out that the buybull supports and encourages things we consider abhorrent in current society.
If a book tells a tale of riding gilded laden unicorns through fields of glitter producing chaff, does that mean people should strive to do such?

Only the bird brainless.

You are more than projecting-you are OBSESSED. As in socio-ILLogically warped.
TruthIs

United States

#70101 Mar 27, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not give me my intelligence.
Obviously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min ChristineM 21,878
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 min scientia potentia... 23,517
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min Into The Night 48,676
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 16 min Into The Night 5,705
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 2 hr Igor Trip 69
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 4 hr Amused 3
What are the best arguments against religion? 8 hr Igor Trip 2
More from around the web