Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#69656 Mar 15, 2013
Have you noticed that John isn't even bright enough to use reply correctly?

John is a dribbler.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Note to lurkers. I have tried to debate with John, but he refuses to debate. Until he provides *some* evidence for god...
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#69657 Mar 15, 2013
Horrortard channel?
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Or the hate-channel. Or both...

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#69658 Mar 15, 2013
John wrote:
Well thanks for sharing your nothing boys. Thanks for skipping the questions. Thanks for running from my challenge. Thanks for your presuppositions rather than accountable positions.
Fight that God, march, march,.march
I just gave you a response, but you choose to pretend that I did not. Here is my response again. You are correct when you say "We don't know what we don't know." That is why it is wrong for us to pass off legends or myths as fact. But that is exactly what you religious people are doing when ou say that God is real and the buybull is the word of God. You passing off a mere claim as fact. What If I said that the world was created by a Giant Spaghetti monster and his giant noodles? Or supposed I said that the world was created by a magical unicorn with a large dyck and to achieve salvation; humans must rub the dycks of horses? There is as much evidence for those claims as to your buybull being the work of God.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#69659 Mar 15, 2013
John wrote:
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. ;)
You are correct when you say "We don't know what we don't know." That is why it is wrong for us to pass off legends or myths as fact. But that is exactly what you religious people are doing when ou say that God is real and the buybull is the word of God. You passing off a mere claim as fact. What If I said that the world was created by a Giant Spaghetti monster and his giant noodles? Or supposed I said that the world was created by a magical unicorn with a large dyck and to achieve salvation; humans must rub the dycks of horses? There is as much evidence for those claims as to your buybull being the work of God.
John

Silex, MO

#69660 Mar 15, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. ;)

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69661 Mar 15, 2013
John wrote:
Why are you arguing with yourself about evolution nutbag?
Yes-- you are an evolutionary nutbag. Good. You are learning!

Pity about your ... ahem... "prime mover" which has no supportive arguments of any kind, nor evidence as well.

Bu then again? You love the lie-- it's what you do best, after all.
John wrote:
What is your prerequisites for questions?
None. You haven't asked any that are worthy of replies.

You ASSume that your... "prime mover" is real, without showing even ONE argument that it is LOGICAL, let alone real!

Silly.
John wrote:
Where is your evidence or accountable position you claim to have provided.
I have told you countless times in the past-- I'm so sorry you are incapable of .... reading.

Must be that ... "prime mover" of yours... LOL!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69662 Mar 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Horrortard channel?
<quoted text>
That could be it. Or, perhaps the frontal-lobotomy channel? Known elsewhere as the religious channel...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69663 Mar 15, 2013
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. ;)
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
And yes-- science is repeatable and observable. Which is why evolution is science, and your "prime mover" isn't.

You are still a coward, without a single argument.
John

Silex, MO

#69664 Mar 15, 2013
Your fear of debating your nothing vs my prime mover is noted. It's a shame just writing science, logical, or rational isn't evidence of any kind.

Your forum is four years in repeating nothing. You skipped the question regarding questions. What a coward.
John

Silex, MO

#69665 Mar 15, 2013
Watch the loons fight the God they don't believe in. Something from nothing is a scientific impossibility. Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum.
John

Silex, MO

#69666 Mar 15, 2013
Notice the forum won't submit an accountable position to debate vs mine. They know there are multiple disciplines that provide reasons/evidences in support of same. No rational person thinks something came from nothing. Poof!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69667 Mar 15, 2013
John wrote:
Your fear of debating your nothing vs my prime mover is noted. It's a shame just writing science, logical, or rational isn't evidence of any kind.
Your forum is four years in repeating nothing. You skipped the question regarding questions. What a coward.
The above? Is not an argument in support of your ... ahem... "prime mover".

Neither is it evidence.

And yes-- science is repeatable and observable. Which is why evolution is science, and your "prime mover" isn't.

You are still a coward, without a single argument.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69668 Mar 15, 2013
John wrote:
Watch the loons fight the God they don't believe in. Something from nothing is a scientific impossibility. Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum.
The above? Is not an argument in support of your ... ahem... "prime mover".

Neither is it evidence.

And yes-- science is repeatable and observable. Which is why evolution is science, and your "prime mover" isn't.

You are still a coward, without a single argument.
Lincoln

United States

#69669 Mar 15, 2013
US Government supports R C Pope

Vice-president Joe Biden will lead a White House delegation to the Vatican for the investiture of Pope Francis that includes a Democrat, a Republican and a university president, it was confirmed Friday.

Biden, the highest ranking Roman Catholic in the Obama administration, will be accompanied by House minority leader Nancy Pelosi and Republican governor Susana Martinez of New Mexico.

Dr John DeGioia, the president of Georgetown University and a serving board member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, will also join the group travelling to the Vatican for the March 19 inauguration mass celebrating the new pope.

Republican House speaker John Boehner, a Catholic, had initially been asked by the White House to attend. But he declined the invite, citing prior commitments.

In a statement earlier this week, Boehner said he was "grateful" for the invitation, but was unable to attend due to political duties that include hosting President Obama and the Irish taoiseach Enda Kenny in the House on Tuesday and debating the budget.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69670 Mar 15, 2013
John wrote:
Something from nothing is a scientific impossibility.
Not...really.

In fact?

Under the newest quantum theories and using the latest observational teniques?

Scientists HAVE observed exactly that: something from nothing.

It appears this phenomena happens all the time, at the very smallest levels of our reality.

They call it quantum fluctuation, but it really IS something from nothing.

And it really IS happening everywhere, pretty much ... all the time too.

LOL!

You lose, Nothing-John.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69671 Mar 15, 2013
John wrote:
Notice the forum won't submit an accountable position to debate vs mine. They know there are multiple disciplines that provide reasons/evidences in support of same. No rational person thinks something came from nothing. Poof!
The above? Is not an argument in support of your ... ahem... "prime mover".

Neither is it evidence.

And yes-- science is repeatable and observable. Which is why evolution is science, and your "prime mover" isn't.

You are still a coward, without a single argument.
John

Kansas City, MO

#69672 Mar 16, 2013
No Bob you lose. You have nothing and even your definition of nothing requires semantics. You skipped the questions because you have no evidence to support you.

I have thoroughly exposed your agenda and welcome doing this for years more.

You don't believe in a prime mover or any other possibility. Each is equally plausible or implausible as you have proven an inability to quantify these possibilities. You are a run of the mill bigot. Not much different than a Klan member.

I expect nonsense from.Obama voters. Here is a clue, if you have to lie for your cause and create a strawmen its inadequate. If you want to support your claim there is no prime mover have at it. I just asked what you believe in 2009. You playing hard to get? Your worth it. I'll wait.

Welcome to Stumpville!
John

Kansas City, MO

#69673 Mar 16, 2013
The above rantings of Bob are all for the God he doesn't believe in lmao. There is no evidence. There is no logic. No science. No reason. Pure and simple maniacal hate enveloping a man unhappy with his existence. Living life on the fringes of society like a leper contributes to his already diminished cognitive state. That, or he is a hologram LOL.

Notice Bob won't debate me with something of his own; using his own standard, in his own forum.

Do you have any evidence at all in this arena you hold others accountable to? Yes or no.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#69674 Mar 16, 2013
John wrote:
The above rantings of Bob are all for the God he doesn't believe in lmao. There is no evidence. There is no logic. No science. No reason. Pure and simple maniacal hate enveloping a man unhappy with his existence. Living life on the fringes of society like a leper contributes to his already diminished cognitive state. That, or he is a hologram LOL.
Notice Bob won't debate me with something of his own; using his own standard, in his own forum.
Do you have any evidence at all in this arena you hold others accountable to? Yes or no.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
It must be time for your meds.
John

Kansas City, MO

#69675 Mar 16, 2013
You skipped my questions. On and on the nothing goes...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min Dave Nelson 230,939
Evidence for God! 4 hr Uncle Sam 43
Heaven 4 hr susanblange 42
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 13 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,391
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 14 hr tha Professor 76
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 15 hr Chiclets 23,039
Our world came from nothing? 17 hr _Bad Company 1,103

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE