Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#70001 Mar 25, 2013
question is what's that 4 line birdsh*t response that came after...?
TruthfulIs

United States

#70002 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an excuse, worst is that you know it. You are making excuses for people who verbally assault, deny employment, and even physically attack people who are a smaller number just because they are not the majority. That is bigotry.
I don't make excuses, I speak only for myself.
No one ever lied to me and said the world was a fair and balanced place-thank God.
TruthfulIs

United States

#70003 Mar 25, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incredibly dishonest when you know what he was doing.
I have heard plenty of racism that has followed "I have black friends".
It is not a get out of jail free card.
I don't like peas, or judging books by their covers and calling them all the same.

Personal choices. Everyone's entitled to them.
TruthfulIs

United States

#70004 Mar 25, 2013
John wrote:
Oh, look another side track from the nothing seeking to marginalize religion/believers. Disagreeing with the act of homosexual sex or state endorsement of same is not hate. Disagreeing with kleptomaniacs because they were born that way is not hate. Those that claim to be tolerant are often the most intolerant.
When your forum goes on these irrelevant tangents about religion I don't see the hospitals, charitable organizations, etc. mentioned. Studies show conservative Christians are much more charitable than liberals and nonbelievers. Of course its about indoctrination though right? Nope, most of these organizations take all comers. Need is usually the only requirement.
One could argue Christianity is the greatest institution for good the world has ever known. Warts and all.
Now let's refocus on your nothing. It is an atheism forum
after all.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Word of the week!!!

"Marginalize"

Good word!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#70005 Mar 25, 2013
TruthfulIs wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't make excuses, I speak only for myself.
No one ever lied to me and said the world was a fair and balanced place-thank God.
Yes, they actually did.

Since: Nov 12

Pittsburgh, PA

#70006 Mar 25, 2013
TruthfulIs wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like peas, or judging books by their covers and calling them all the same.
Personal choices. Everyone's entitled to them.
Purple dinosaurs don't live on the moon or cook rocks that taste like the number 4.... Both that has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

Anyway.... I'll just respond to the part of your comment that can relate to the topic...
"Personal choices. Everyone's entitled to them. Yep.... But when it violates human rights it becomes a problem.
John

Minneapolis, MN

#70007 Mar 25, 2013
Good to see you don't support infanticide. The ultimate human rights violation. Gay marriage, religion,,,, what about atheistm LOL. Let's discuss that. It is an atheism forum.

Pittsburgh, PA

#70008 Mar 25, 2013
I don't agree with killing infants.

I was jumping into a claim that religion was harmless.

Also atheism has nothing to do with killing infants or even abortion if that was what you really meant to mention.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#70009 Mar 25, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing is a tough sell bigot. Keep trying though, its cute. Heck, I'll just say it, ".you're cute."
Lol.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#70010 Mar 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. You lie-- I never saw your... ahem... "link".

You are incapable of posting a link-- in all these years?

You never seemed to manage that simple task...
"You lie"

I think you'll find these words in just about everyone of bobby's post. Nothing worth reading just crap and those two words.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70011 Mar 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"You lie"
I think you'll find these words in just about everyone of bobby's post. Nothing worth reading just crap and those two words.
but for you it is usually true. you have been caught out in open lies time and time again. and then you just go post them on another page.

you are the king of liars, it seems!
John

Minneapolis, MN

#70012 Mar 25, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
I don't agree with killing infants.
I was jumping into a claim that religion was harmless.
Also atheism has nothing to do with killing infants or even abortion if that was what you really meant to mention.
Nope atheism has nothing to do with either. We don't discuss the nothing much around here. A point I've made a hundred times.

March for gay marriage and kill the most innocent. Someone has screwed up priorities.

Anyway, what else do you guys have on atheism you haven't voiced in four years. Atheism is simply disbelief. Got it. End forum. Apparently there is more that necessitates it have its own forum and tens of thousands of posts. Hmmm
John

Minneapolis, MN

#70013 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but for you it is usually true. you have been caught out in open lies time and time again. and then you just go post them on another page.
you are the king of liars, it seems!
Prove it. I have caught multiple atheists in lies in this thread. I just shamed Bob in the preceding page. I've caught another poster pretending to be curious about belief. I didn't believe him, but provided him something to read. He claimed he did, but of course I caught him lying. Another threatened me from England. Lots more. Freethinkers 99 percent of you aren't. You have an agenda and lie for it often.
Empatheist at least showed some honesty in the Bob dealings. Where were you and the forum? Silently approving the lies or making them yourselves.

Where are you Bob? Boo, hiss, shame.
MeinPerson

United States

#70014 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they actually did.
Care to explain who said what to ME personally, where they said it to ME personally and when they said it to ME personally?

I didn't think so.

Nutcase.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70016 Mar 25, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. I have caught multiple atheists in lies in this thread. I just shamed Bob in the preceding page. I've caught another poster pretending to be curious about belief. I didn't believe him, but provided him something to read. He claimed he did, but of course I caught him lying. Another threatened me from England. Lots more. Freethinkers 99 percent of you aren't. You have an agenda and lie for it often.
Empatheist at least showed some honesty in the Bob dealings. Where were you and the forum? Silently approving the lies or making them yourselves.
Where are you Bob? Boo, hiss, shame.
Your idea of "proof" is pretty slippery...as you lie with the rest of the cult members..

i have proven langoliers lies time and time again.
John

Minneapolis, MN

#70017 Mar 25, 2013
TruthfulIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Word of the week!!!
"Marginalize"
Good word!
I knew this was my week! Thanks. That's exactly what they are attempting. Vote for proposition 0, a vote against atheistic intolerance.
John

Minneapolis, MN

#70018 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Your idea of "proof" is pretty slippery...as you lie with the rest of the cult members..
i have proven langoliers lies time and time again.
I don't see any evidence. Dismissed. I provided evidence of atheist lying two pages prior. You were silent. Click the appropriate page and go see what evidence is.

I'm glad we have various subjects to discuss since atheism is nothing.

Pittsburgh, PA

#70019 Mar 25, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope atheism has nothing to do with either. We don't discuss the nothing much around here. A point I've made a hundred times.
March for gay marriage and kill the most innocent. Someone has screwed up priorities.
Anyway, what else do you guys have on atheism you haven't voiced in four years. Atheism is simply disbelief. Got it. End forum. Apparently there is more that necessitates it have its own forum and tens of thousands of posts. Hmmm
What do you suppose that is?

Pittsburgh, PA

#70020 Mar 25, 2013
By the way.. If someone is pro life and anti gay and doesn't believe in a god... They are just as true of an atheist as a pro choice gay rights advocate who doesn't believe in a god.

I know you understand this. I know you aren't stupid. I'm just curious what point you are really trying to make when you respond with the nothing this and nothing that rant.

You seem to be aiming toward..... Nothing.....!?!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#70021 Mar 25, 2013
MeinPerson wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain who said what to ME personally, where they said it to ME personally and when they said it to ME personally?
I didn't think so.
Nutcase.
Whoever told you that the bible is fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min IB DaMann 74,842
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 5 min IB DaMann 6,085
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 16 min Subduction Zone 126
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 1 hr Eagle 12 - 4,052
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 10 hr John 32,063
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed John 4,951
News Why do public atheists have to behave like such... Jun 21 Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web