Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#69514 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
Does this forum have any evidence that meets the criteria they hold others to? Yes or no.
Yes. lots of it.

St. Croix valley

#69515 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
God exists or does not according of knowledge denied except by faith. Atheists have their appeal. Feel atheists might be happier in Europe as American seems a most Christian Country.
funny how those european, and other, countries that have the highest percentage of non-believers have the best educated kids,t he healthiest, happiest citizenry and the highest standards of living.

you stone-age cult members are holding us back...
Lincoln

United States

#69516 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>funny how those european, and other, countries that have the highest percentage of non-believers have the best educated kids,t he healthiest, happiest citizenry and the highest standards of living.
you stone-age cult members are holding us back...
Funny how you fail to realize that finding atheists in error does not make one a Christian.

President Obama, a Christian, may be one of those "stone-age cult members " :-) and Vice President Biden and the members of the Supreme Court, six of which are Roman Catholic ?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69517 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you fail to realize that finding atheists in error does not make one a Christian.
President Obama, a Christian, may be one of those "stone-age cult members " :-) and Vice President Biden and the members of the Supreme Court, six of which are Roman Catholic ?
Yes, they are Stone Age cult worshipers. So? Delusions are not always harmful, sometimes a delusional person will have moments of clarity.
Lincoln

United States

#69518 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are Stone Age cult worshipers. So? Delusions are not always harmful, sometimes a delusional person will have moments of clarity.
President Obama and V P Biden are "Stone Age cult worshipers".

You ARE upset over Romney's loss?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#69519 Mar 12, 2013
Isaac Newton is great example of this.

Newton believed in alchemy and was a christian but we can still make use of much of his physics today without endorsing alchemy or christianity.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69520 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama and V P Biden are "Stone Age cult worshipers".
You ARE upset over Romney's loss?
Romney is too delusional to have moments of clarity.
Lincoln

United States

#69521 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is too delusional to have moments of clarity.
Worst part of evolution is its' misuse as
"Social Darwinism" , the 47% not evolved enough and having their hands out as "takers" !
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#69522 Mar 12, 2013
Remember Darwin warned against applying survival of the fittest to human society.

Who are the first to let markets get out of hand or refuse healthcare for the poor? The religious right, that's who.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst part of evolution is its' misuse as
"Social Darwinism" , the 47% not evolved enough and having their hands out as "takers" !
John

Silex, MO

#69523 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. lots of it.
Prove it. Maybe its in one of Bobs links. Let's get in with it then, your nothing vs my something. I notice the forum is in an uproar because I had the gall to point out the emperor has no clothes.
John

Silex, MO

#69524 Mar 12, 2013
I would expect failure and no evidence from Obama voting antitheists.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#69525 Mar 12, 2013
Why?
John wrote:
I would expect failure and no evidence from Obama voting antitheists.
John

Silex, MO

#69526 Mar 12, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
What are your thoughts on my last response to you, John?
I believe you are sincere and we would have no issues away from this forum. I think you are amongst a group that has corrupted what had been merely disbelief. You forget I have asked the forum what they believe. What I believe is irrelevant.

How do you measure the following: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. I find the default position of using a God you don't believe in as a crutch for a nonclaim.disingenuous. Nonclaims don't have over 60,000 posts.

It's no accident there is no evidence provided that meets your criteria. It's no accident no one will provide an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. I disagree with points made and some of your assumptions. There are imo reasons and evidences to believe in a prime mover, but you are correct I don't debate nonclaims.

This is different and perhaps you could address the antitheists among you.

St. Croix valley

#69527 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they may. at least they do not legislate from their cult...

St. Croix valley

#69528 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. Maybe its in one of Bobs links. Let's get in with it then, your nothing vs my something. I notice the forum is in an uproar because I had the gall to point out the emperor has no clothes.
the god of your bible is a lie. the bible proves it. thus your god is a lie.(well, actually a re-hashed lie from previous myths...)

where's your proof of any god, gods or goddesses.

wow! that didn't take nearly as long as I thought....
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#69529 Mar 12, 2013
It took a lot of "posts" before the church accepted Galileo was right.

Your sort will get there. One day.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you are sincere and we would have no issues away from this forum. I think you are amongst a group that has corrupted what had been merely disbelief. You forget I have asked the forum what they believe. What I believe is irrelevant.
How do you measure the following: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. I find the default position of using a God you don't believe in as a crutch for a nonclaim.disingenuous. Nonclaims don't have over 60,000 posts.
It's no accident there is no evidence provided that meets your criteria. It's no accident no one will provide an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. I disagree with points made and some of your assumptions. There are imo reasons and evidences to believe in a prime mover, but you are correct I don't debate nonclaims.
This is different and perhaps you could address the antitheists among you.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#69530 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
.... I had the gall to point out the emperor has no clothes.
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Blasphemy = satire

There is no more proof of the existence of an Abrahamic god(s) than there is of a teapot between Earth and Mars..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell 's_teapot

That is pointing out that the King has no clothes.
http://hca.gilead.org.il/emperor.html

Perhaps a picture tells a thousand words....
https://www.google.co.uk/search...

It's probably unwise for a religionist or 'person of faith' to invoke comparisons with fairy tales or collectively delusional behavior.
John

Silex, MO

#69531 Mar 12, 2013
You skipped the questions AGAIN, choosing instead to blather on about a God you don't believe in. You also failed to present an accountable position to debate mine. Your nonclaim is loud and ridiculous.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

BTW millions on food stamps thank you for your Obama vote.
John

Silex, MO

#69532 Mar 12, 2013
Where will we get Thinking? Put some thought into it. Your nothing was strange in 2009, its insane today.

I've exposed you and it losses you off. Go away or get used to it. A third choice is sticking to evidence and intellectual honesty. Tough job when you have neither.
John

Silex, MO

#69533 Mar 12, 2013
More claims of no God. Prove it. So much for nonclaims LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 min woodtick57 2,273
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 45 min _Bad Company 120
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 50 min _Bad Company 23,179
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe fortuna 232,766
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 4 hr Thinking 28
God' existence 4 hr Thinking 57
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr thetruth 1,442
More from around the web