Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,334)

Showing posts 66,661 - 66,680 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
Sure. Can you please answer the questions your forum has ducked since 2009.
No.

Not until you give us ONE (1) argument in support of "prime mover".

You first, godbot.

You first-- you came HERE uninvited after all.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
Atheism simply happens to correspond with...
.... reality.
Public schools are required to teach reality.
Coincidence?
Guess again...
you seem unhappy
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Let's tell the WHOLE story, shall we?
The CONTEXT is EVERYTHING: evil dickheads like you, had FORCED prisoners to comply with your evil religious practice, by giving special meeting-priveledges to True Believers™ only.
An atheist sued the prison officials for equal treatment-- and won.
So the court considers a nice tidy LEGAL FICTION, that atheism was "religion" in order to treat prisoners who were NOT True Believers™ with equality as required by the law.
You DO know what a LEGAL FICTION is don't you?
Here's another one: corporations.
The LEGAL FICTION is that these are a person, granted certain rights under the law.
Of course, everyone knows corporations are NOT a person, but are a business comprised of buildings, property, assets, etc-- but not REALLY a person. That is a convenient LEGAL FICTION.
Just as calling "atheism" a "religion" is.
Are you REALLY this stupid, or did you need special stupid lessons?
Pope Quantum IV

Document the above statements if you wish.

or are able.:-)

Calling people names indicates your unhappiness
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
John Calvert is a horses' azz, no two ways about THAT.
Being a proponent of the extremely IDIOTIC idea of "intelligent design", he could be nothing less.
Only a complete idiot would advocate "intelligent design".
Calling people names indicates your failures :-)
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

You loons skipped the questions. When will you have evidence for your anti-science something from nothing?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
You loons skipped the questions. When will you have evidence for your anti-science something from nothing?
\

Your "questions" were unworthy of a reasoned response.

They weren't so much "questions" as they were rants on your part.

So naturally they were simply ignored as propaganda.

You, on the other hand?

YOU have NO arguments AT ALL for your... ahem... "prime mover".

Not even ONE claim in support of your silly idea.

Why?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Your nothing is showing Bob. I offered you a challenge. You cowered.

What are your prerequisites for questions? You skipped that question as well.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
I ALREADY answered: no prerequisites at all.

I asked you to STATE YOUR CLAIMS.

And you ran away like the coward you are.

I even bet you $1000 that you WOULD run away... which you did.

I also bet that if by some miracle, you answered?

You'd make a logical mistake within the first couple of sentences.

But you ran away-- I get to keep my $1000.

:LMAO:
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Good, then answer the questions.

I've been here since page one in 2009 Bob. I don't run from much. Certainly not this exposed forum.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

I'll bet you 10,000 dollars you have no evidence in this arena that meets the standards you hold others accountable to. Now, you raise it to 100,000 LOL. After a few hundred years of adding zeroes the numbers will look like Obamas deficit; the man you voted for loon.

Poor Bob always making illogical choices. What a farce of a forum. True freethinkers see your collective bigotry and intellectual cowardice and steer very clear.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
Your nothing is showing Bob. I offered you a challenge. You cowered.
Define nothing and accountable position and you might get something.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school.
When was the last time you saw atheists protesting to have atheism taught in schools?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time you saw atheists protesting to have atheism taught in schools?
That's a good one.......I thought I'd pop in and say Hi:-)
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Define nothing and accountable position and you might get something.
Bill is that you?

Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum.

March, march, hate that God, march, march
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 66,700 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
My goodness the lengths you loons will go to avoid an accountable position and defend your hypocrisy is impressive.
I would prefer having a conversation with limited name calling. You call others bigots frequently and I believe if you understood what a bigot was you would find real hypocrisy. It's ok to not like me and disagree with my thoughts and let that show... But don't hate me because of a group I happen to fall into. Lets have an adult conversation.
John wrote:
Perhaps some history would help you empty. I don't debate nothing. I simply asked some questions starting in 2009 and this forum of antitheists got pissy.
I will call you John because I'm a nice guy. Antithesis can get pissy. Sorry to hear about your disappointment. What questions do you have?
John wrote:
It's obvious this forum is mainly about marginalizing belief. That's the purpose. In response I've offered to debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your game of attack, retreat, attack, retreat, is appararent and I've exposed you.
If I am wrong please clarify because I don't feel I understand. You have a position and evidence to back it up but you aren't going to explain until someone else gives evidence for their position first? I suppose that is ok. It's your game. But why play this game?
My game of attack and retreat? When have i retreated? I see you claim victory but I don't even know what you are referring to. What happened that I missed?
John wrote:
Your nothing post was longer than most. Next time save yourself some time and skip it. Four years and tens of thousands of postal about a so called nonclaim, nonagenda is really pretty nuts.
Welcome to Stumpville!
What made it a "nothing post"? If there is ever anything you disagree with or want more clarity on then please say so. To dismiss everything because I am an atheist is dishonest and the definition of ignorant.

You can act how you want.... I have no control over you and I am fine with that. If you are confident about your position and the stupidity of mine then you should have no problem dropping the insults and having an adult conversation with me.

Thank you.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

I find it interesting you have decided to address my choice of words as one of very few theists in this forum rather than the dozens of vile, expletive laden, and frequent ANTI-atheists.

While you may be quite a fellow I have done this dance countless times since 2009 all because of simple questions. I was clear I did not have any disdain whatsoever for atheists. You can research that if you would like. I'm beyond the point of rehashing four years worth of posts.

I was also clear I was not here to convert. My challenge of debating the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any other accountable position was the direct result of a forum attempting to marginalize believers as its purpose. Nothing is evidence in this arena according to this forums standard. That being said if one engages in attacking the God they don't believe in test after year with such hard and venom,...well, I call that a bigot and a loon.

I don't debate nothing. I've tried to ferret out what is and isn't evidence and have been met by nothing but doubletalk and avoidance.

I asserted (in response to this forums hate) the best they would do is a circular argument and the something from nothing conundrum.

Do you have any evidence in this arena that meets the standards this forum holds others accountable to?

How do you decide what is moat or least likely: something from nothing, always was, prime mover. Show your work.

I know you have seen these questions before and skipped them. You are viewing this exchange four years in. There was a time I wanted an adult discuasion. Now I really don't care. I have exposed antitheism. If you simply don't believe, I have and have never had an issue with that.

Perhaps you should address the bigots on this forum instead of me. The evidence is all over the place.

Take care
Madscot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>When was the last time you saw atheists protesting to have atheism taught in schools?
Why would they?

Try thinking about it for a minute.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

John wrote:
Good, then answer the questions.
I've been here since page one in 2009 Bob. I don't run from much. Certainly not this exposed forum.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
After YOU answer this:

Give ONE argument... JUST ONE, that supports your prime mover.

I get to keep my $1000, as you run from this too, like the little coward you are.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

John wrote:
I'll bet you 10,000 dollars you have no evidence in this arena that meets the standards you hold others accountable to. Now, you raise it to 100,000 LOL. After a few hundred years of adding zeroes the numbers will look like Obamas deficit; the man you voted for loon.
Poor Bob always making illogical choices. What a farce of a forum. True freethinkers see your collective bigotry and intellectual cowardice and steer very clear.
I already bet you that you would refuse to give even ONE argument in favor of your prime mover.

You are the one making claims.

YOU are the one who needs to state your arguments.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 66,661 - 66,680 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••