Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,979

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69438 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
We need to change the name of the thread to "bobby on the march!"
Jealous?

Of course you are.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69439 Mar 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Dismissing your deity is not "a belief that there is no deity," it's "dismissing your deity because you have no evidence to support it." Pretty simple really, there are atheists who are Buddhists, they are religious, but still atheists as well. Many atheists are agnostic, I'd wager most of us are, probably all but that would be too bold of an assertion.
Yep.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69440 Mar 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not. And I really don't get what you get out of claiming it is. Can you explain it to me?
<quoted text>
There is no evidence of any deity. That is proof there aren't any.
Yep again.
John

Silex, MO

#69441 Mar 8, 2013
Bob, Rose, and a dwindling bunch of loons continue to fight a God they don't believe in. You can see for yourself they don't do questions.

I simply asked if they had evidence in this arena that they hold others accountable to. My belief is irrelevant to that question. A true freethinker would have simply responded no. Intolerant bigots spend years and tens of thousands of posts avoiding.

Since its clear the evidentiary standard has been exposed and you wish to marginalize believers I offered a simple challenge. I will debate and give my reasons to believe in a prime mover vs any other accountable position. Perhaps your group needs to get off the forum and open up so books from the umpteen disciplines that concur with my something.

After all even a child knows your nothing is absurd.

You skipped my questions by the way.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69442 Mar 8, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped my questions by the way.
You continue to act in ways that deserve zero respect.

Thanks for playing.

Your "questions" were not worth the bother-- they were pure propaganda.

In any case?

You NEVER, not one time, put forth an argument in support of your idiotic claim of a "prime mover".

Not even once.

So.

You first, bigot.

You first.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69443 Mar 8, 2013
John wrote:
Here's a question for YOU, nothing:

Do you have ONE (1) argument in support of your prime mover?

Hmmm?
John

Silex, MO

#69444 Mar 8, 2013
Your forum Bob. I don't debate nothing and I certainly won't let an exposed bigot be the arbiter of evidence. You skipped the questions by the way.

What claim have I made Bob? You need something to lash out at don't you. My proposal is more than reasonable. Your repeated nothing displays your true intent. Don't stop though. You are a useful idiot. I love this forum :)
Lincoln

United States

#69445 Mar 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "questions" were unworthy of a reasoned response.
They weren't so much "questions" as they were rants on your part.
So naturally they were simply ignored as propaganda.
You, on the other hand?
YOU have NO arguments AT ALL for your... ahem... "prime mover".
Not even ONE claim in support of your silly idea.
Why?
Quantum-bot seems a self important little woman ?

First Female atheist pope -)

Can't prove anything at all :-)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#69446 Mar 8, 2013
Religion for Atheists: A Non-believer's Guide to the Uses of Religion (Hardcover)
Alain de Botton 74
Larger image
List Price:$26.95
Price:$17.79
You Save:$9.16 (34%)
In Stock

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

Gift-wrap available.
FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

Want it delivered by Monday, Mar 11? Order within 30min, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#69447 Mar 8, 2013
"John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent design proponent declared:

"The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that ATHEISM IS A RELIGION. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins."

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69448 Mar 8, 2013
John wrote:
Your forum Bob.
Nope. I did not start it.

But I see you STILL have NO ARGUMENTS.

Of any sort whatsoever.

Sad.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69449 Mar 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum-bot seems a self important little woman ?
First Female atheist pope -)
Can't prove anything at all :-)
Your "questions" were unworthy of a reasoned response.

They weren't so much "questions" as they were rants on your part.

So naturally they were simply ignored as propaganda.

You, on the other hand?

YOU have NO arguments AT ALL for your... ahem... "prime mover".

Not even ONE claim in support of your silly idea.

Why?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69450 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
Religion for Atheists: A Non-believer's Guide to the Uses of Religion (Hardcover)
Alain de Botton 74
Larger image
List Price:$26.95
Price:$17.79
You Save:$9.16 (34%)
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
Gift-wrap available.
FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
Want it delivered by Monday, Mar 11? Order within 30min, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.
Was this person one of you?

You know-- a godbot?

If not, why are you promoting his book? Do you get paid to promote the book?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69451 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
"John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent design proponent declared:
He's an azz. He's a lawyer-- NOT a scientist.

He has nothing useful to contribute to science.

Nothing.

Kinda like.... YOU.
John

Silex, MO

#69452 Mar 8, 2013
This is the same nothing you vomited out in 2009. What's wrong with you?

Let's move on to your messiahs drone program then LOL.

Nothing to see here folks. Bobs forum is completely stumped.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#69453 Mar 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not. And I really don't get what you get out of claiming it is. Can you explain it to me?

Langoliers wrote, "
Religion
Synonyms: credo, creed, cult, FAITH, persuasion
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof
Atheism
Belief that there is no Deity or Deities.
Hence - Atheism = Religion"

There is no evidence of any deity. That is proof there aren't any.
Looks like the courts don't agree with you. LOL

Atheist lose again!

John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent designproponent declared:

The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#69454 Mar 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>He's an azz. He's a lawyer-- NOT a scientist.

He has nothing useful to contribute to science.

Nothing.

Kinda like.... YOU.
It the court that made the ruling dick head.

John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent designproponent declared:

The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.[15]
Lincoln

United States

#69455 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
It the court that made the ruling dick head.
John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent designproponent declared:
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.[15]
Quantum has problems supporting his/her ideas....types well... and often :-)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69456 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
It the court that made the ruling dick head.
John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent designproponent declared:
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.[15]
If you're going to spam, you should at least spam something that's actually intelligent.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#69457 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like the courts don't agree with you. LOL
Atheist lose again!
John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent designproponent declared:
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.
Courts can determine law, but they can't determine reality.
Atheism isn't a religion. Can you please explain to me what you get out of claiming it is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min thetruth 235,645
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Denisova 16,719
The Consequences of Atheism 29 min Thinking 759
Is Religion Childish? 37 min Cujo 140
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr ChristineM 4,806
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr ChristineM 6,034
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 7 hr ChristineM 3,036
More from around the web