Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69382 Mar 7, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't claim anything.
Lie.

I well remember your very first post to me.

It claimed all sorts of Genuine Christian™ crapola.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69383 Mar 7, 2013
John wrote:
My goodness the lengths you loons will go to avoid an accountable position and defend your hypocrisy is impressive.
Perhaps some history would help you empty. I don't debate nothing. I simply asked some questions starting in 2009 and this forum of antitheists got pissy.
It's obvious this forum is mainly about marginalizing belief. That's the purpose. In response I've offered to debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your game of attack, retreat, attack, retreat, is appararent and I've exposed you.
Your nothing post was longer than most. Next time save yourself some time and skip it. Four years and tens of thousands of postal about a so called nonclaim, nonagenda is really pretty nuts.
Welcome to Stumpville!
The above?

Is not an argument for your ... ahem .. "prime mover".

Neither is it evidence in support of that silliness.

I get to keep my money-- you are still a coward.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69384 Mar 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists don't do questions.
The above?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69385 Mar 7, 2013
John wrote:
<spam deleted>
The above?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69386 Mar 7, 2013
John wrote:
Nothing...and you skipped the questions.
What "questions"?

You STILL don't even have a simple ARGUMENT for your ... ahem... "prime mover".

Not one single statement from YOU in support of that silliness.

Why?

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#69387 Mar 7, 2013
Many claim you can't prove a negative. I disagree. In some cases you can. In cases where there would have to be evidence of something if it were there, lack of that evidence proves it's not there.
If the god of they buy-bull existed, there would be evidence of his existence. But there is no evidence of his existence, so it's only logical to conclude he doesn't exist.
Lincoln

United States

#69388 Mar 7, 2013
John wrote:
Nothing...and you skipped the questions.
Quantum-bot is all knowing

alas He can't spell Jesus :-)

He is a legend in his/her own mind

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#69389 Mar 7, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
So...still running from your claim that all our presidents were christians?

do you and johnny train together for all your running?
Lincoln

United States

#69390 Mar 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So...still running from your claim that all our presidents were christians?
do you and johnny train together for all your running?
Not at all

William Howard Taft was a Unitarian. 1905 to 1909

The others professed Christianity, real. imagined or political?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69391 Mar 7, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to act in ways that deserve zero respect.

Thanks for playing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69392 Mar 7, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all
William Howard Taft was a Unitarian. 1905 to 1909
The others professed Christianity, real. imagined or political?
You continue to act in ways that deserve zero respect.

Thanks for playing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69393 Mar 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Many claim you can't prove a negative. I disagree. In some cases you can. In cases where there would have to be evidence of something if it were there, lack of that evidence proves it's not there.
If the god of they buy-bull existed, there would be evidence of his existence. But there is no evidence of his existence, so it's only logical to conclude he doesn't exist.
Yep.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#69394 Mar 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Using their arguments, we will have to conclude the possibility that the Hobgoblins, gremlins, fairies, witches, and wizards exists just because we cannot "prove" they do not exist.
John

United States

#69395 Mar 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie.
I well remember your very first post to me.
It claimed all sorts of Genuine Christian™ crapola.
You skipped my questions. You provided no evidence or accountable position. Any evidence of what my claims are? March and lie for your nothing bigot.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#69396 Mar 7, 2013
Your forum has no evidence whatsoever that meets your criteria. Nothing is evidence to you. That includes always was, prime mover, etc. yet you have an axe to grind with believers. Not very intellectually honest.

Any time you want to compare your nothing to my something I'm game. You can't though. This is your forum and your failure.
John

United States

#69397 Mar 7, 2013
It's telling you need a God you don't believe in to make a nonpoint LOL. Any rational person curious about this arena steers very clear of your agenda. It doesn't matter if they are believers or not.

Fight that God my puppets.
John

United States

#69398 Mar 7, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Using their arguments, we will have to conclude the possibility that the Hobgoblins, gremlins, fairies, witches, and wizards exists just because we cannot "prove" they do not exist.
Using your inability to quantify evidence we will have to conclude your babbling nonclaims over and over is a sign of mental illness.

Using your hate for something you don't believe in to mask your nothing we will have to conclude you are a cowardly bigot.

Using your failure to provide an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover we will have to conclude you know there are reasons/evidences from.various disciplines to support a belief in a prime mover.

Using the knowledge that this is an atheism forum and you simply don't believe and have no claim, we will have to look back on years of postings to know you are liars.

Using the scientific method we will have to conclude something from nothing is an impossibility.

You weren't saying?

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#69399 Mar 7, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. True.
d-pants

United States

#69400 Mar 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewsus-- the fictional MAN you claim to have a deep, personal relationship with on a nightly basis.
What?
You don't like being reminded that your "hero" was a JEW?
Why not?
jesus was a man you know. He's not really fictional, he's a historical figure, god or not.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#69401 Mar 8, 2013
d-pants wrote:
<quoted text> jesus was a man you know. He's not really fictional, he's a historical figure, god or not.
Proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min ChristineM 254,975
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 9 min ChristineM 50,973
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 18 min ChristineM 29,559
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 24 min ChristineM 9,618
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 40 min Uncle Sam 11,713
News Speaking for God 47 min Limpballs 563
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 1 hr JustASkeptic 3
More from around the web