Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69222 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
001 ... How did life originate?
Unknown. Life's origins are NOT a part of the theory of evolution.

If you had taken BASIC science?

You would KNOW that.

Your question is meaningless in context of evolution.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69223 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
001 ... How did the DNA code originate?.. The code is a sophisticated language system with letters and words where the meaning of the words is unrelated to the chemical properties of the letters .. just as the information on this page is not a product of the chemical properties of the ink (or pixels on a screen)... What other coding system has existed without intelligent design?.. How did the DNA coding system arise without it being created?
See:.. http://creation.com/code .. The genetic information code points to an intelligent source ... http://creation.com/genesis-unleashed... .. Video on Question 2
1) DNA is not a "code"-- not how YOU mean it.
2) DNA is not a "language" -- certainly not how YOU mean it.

It's origins are simple: chemicals have natural properties. When you mix chemicals together, they WILL obey these natural properties.

DNA is just a long polymerized chain of protein. That's it.

There's no magic about it, no "sophisticated code" either.

If you mix in water, the basic pieces of DNA? They >>will<< come together into DNA, all by themselves-- no magic genie needed.

How on EARTH do you think forensic scientists do DNA testing from a tiny sample?

THEY MAKE IT REPLICATE-- by adding the original DNA and all the individual pieces in a solution, the original replicates itself OUTSIDE OF ANY CELL-- IN A TEST-TUBE-- such that the scientists have gobs of DUPLICATE DNA to run their comparison testing on.

DNA replicates because it is CHEMISTRY.

It originated automatically-- because of chemical properties.

NO GOD NEEDED OR WANTED.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69224 Mar 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
I have a hypothesis: John and "His Truth" are one and the same poster .. They use similar non-argument and continue to IGNORE any and all questions put to them .. Aka, they are the same poster
thank you for the compliment .......

My (Jesus') prayer is not for them alone (his Apostles).. I pray also for those who will believe in me (me) through their (Apostles) message ... that all of them may be one .. Father .. just as you are in me and I am in you ... May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me .......... John 17

PS: some choose not to waste their time

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69225 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
question 03 ... How could mutations .. accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged .. deleted or added .. genes duplicated .. chromosome inversions .. etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things?...
Yes.

Quite simply-- yes. This has been duplicate and demonstrated in laboratories for years, now.

You keep forgetting that evolution is NOT 100% RANDOM.

It contains random elements, but for the MOST part?

Evolution is GUIDED BY THE CIRCUMSTANCES. That is, life is GUIDED by the environment it finds itself in.

That's not random-- that's directed.

But STILL?

No magic god needed to explain it.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69226 Mar 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Unknown. Life's origins are NOT a part of the theory of evolution If you had taken BASIC science You would KNOW that Your question is meaningless in context of evolution
in other words folks .. it's an issue to be totally avoided ... typical

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69227 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
question 04 ... Why is natural selection .. a principle recognized by creationists .. taught as ‘evolution’.. as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life?...
Short answer? Natural selection DOES NOT explain the ORIGIN.

This is you-- LYING AGAIN.

Why do you continue to lie like this?

Sickening, your continuous lies are.

Disgusting, your pathetic attempts at preaching is.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69228 Mar 3, 2013
evolution = from the gue to the zoo to you . . . yes we understand your 'theroy'

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69229 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
question 05 ... How did new biochemical pathways .. which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence .. originate?...
Every pathway and nano-machine requires multiple protein/enzyme components to work ... How did lucky accidents create even one of the components .. let alone 10 or 20 or 30 at the same time .. often in a necessary programmed sequence ...
Short answer: billions of generations in sequence.

Duuuuh.

Modern life on earth is the result of BILLIONS of generations since it's unknown origins.

That's more than sufficient to generate the requite enzymes.

Lab simulations of synthetic DNA models proved this countless times already.

But you are too ignorant to know about those, right?

Right.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69230 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
question 06 ... Living things look like they were designed ..
LOL!

Seriously.... WTF?

>>THAT<< is your question?

Because YOU lack the imagination (and education) required, you think things LOOK designed?

Seriously.... I thought these "questions" would at LEAST make me have to consult http://www.talkorigins.org/ ....

... at a bare minimum.

But ... not even.

Your idiotic and stupid "questions" can be answered just off the top of my head, from memory.

They are THAT stupid and lame.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69231 Mar 3, 2013
Natural selection DOES NOT explain the ORIGIN ... gee bob .. maybe God done it .. du .. ya tink ?????
Screw Athiests

Tempe, AZ

#69232 Mar 3, 2013
Send the athiests to Cuba. America is a Christian nation.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69233 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
question 07 ... How did multi-cellular life originate?..
Easy: single celled creatures began as competing animalcules, then as symbiotes, then as multi-cellular life.

Again? This from the top of my head-- so idiotic and stupid was the question.

Seriously: get an EDUCATION, you ignorant baboon.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#69234 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Friday 24 February 2012 .. Richard Dawkins: I can't be sure God does not exist ... He is regarded as the most famous atheist in the world but lately Professor Richard Dawkins admitted he could not be sure that God does not exist .... wising up in his latter years ???.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dfk7tW429E4XX .. maybe so
He says it's a 6.9 out of 7 likelihood that god doesn't exist.
I say that since there is no evidence at all that god exists, there is no reason to even entertain the idea that he does.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69236 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
question 08 ... How did sex originate?.. Asexual reproduction gives up to twice as much reproductive success (‘fitness’) for the same resources as sexual reproduction ...
Bacteria engage in sexual reproduction all the time-- just not 100% of the time. They regularly exchange DNA and RNA among themselves, then immediately reproduce with the new genetic material.

But since bacteria also have incredibly short generations? It's quite a successful strategy--

-- in fact?

Asexual reproduction combined with partial sexual reproduction, is the >>most<< successful method on earth-- the majority of the total biota mass is comprised of bacteria.

In fact? You have >>more<< bacteria in and on your body than you have "human" cells! Thousands of times more, in fact.

By sheer weight and numbers? Bacteria is the #1 life on earth.

However, for organisms who have longer generations? The energy of sexual reproduction is a tiny fraction of the total energy budget of these creatures, and the advantages: the random shuffle of the genes with each generation-- is worth the cost.

This lets each new generation be >>slightly<< different from the previous one, to better compensate with >>ever changing<< environment(s).

This is BASIC, and SIMPLE stuff here---!

Seriously-- it's not even 9th grade material.

GET AN EDUCATION YOU IGNORANT BUFFOON.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69237 Mar 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
LOL Seriously WTF THAT is your question Because YOU lack the imagination and education required you think things LOOK designed Seriously I thought these questions would at LEAST make me have to consult talkorigins.org at a bare minimum But not even your idiotic and stupid questions can be answered just off the top of my head from memory They are THAT stupid and lame
really ??.. well .. trym again .. all of them .......

question for atheist 01 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 02 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 03 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 04 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 05 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 06 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 07 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 08 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 09 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 10 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 11 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 12 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 13 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 14 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...
question for atheist 15 ==== http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMQ7EN3HI...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#69238 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
and the facts are .......... it is impossible to prove that negative
well then go away and quit wasting yours and my time
I disagree. It is possible to prove that negative.
1. If god existed, there would be evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. There is no god.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69239 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
question 09 ... Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing?..
This is one of the most IGNORANT and STUPID questions you've asked so far.

But it's wrong in TWO ways:

1) ALL fossils-- and I do mean without a single exception-- ALL are transitional. That is due to the random shuffling of DNA at each generation.

2) Fossils are rare.. VERY rare events. It's been estimated that less than 1% of 1% of life gets fossilized. Likely even that is too high.

Since they are quite rare? We EXPECT to see holes-- MANY holes.

In fact? If we DID NOT see holes?

We would suspect something ELSE was going on-- like a god or super-scientific alien race, deliberately placing fossils in order to prove some obscure point...

Sheesh, by you are a dimwit.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69240 Mar 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
He says it's a 6.9 out of 7 likelihood that god doesn't exist I say that since there is no evidence at all that god exists there is no reason to even entertain the idea that he does
fine w/ me noho .... do not entertain the idea .. no skin off my nose ... peace be unto you

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69241 Mar 3, 2013
His-truth wrote:
question 10 ... How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years .... if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame?..
Short answer: they don't.

The changes are just too subtle to be recorded in the crude fossil records.

Each and every generation of life, if it's sexual, has minor changes, without exception, and without fail.

Each and every time.

But these changes are very, very subtle most of the time-- akin to leaving out one period in a copy of the bible. Or perhaps adding a single letter in the whole bible by mistake.

A tiny change-- very subtle, but not "unchanged" as you whine about, above.

You have GOT to be the most ignorant and stupid of an idiot that I've stumbled across in a long, long time.

I therefore conclude you are Nothing-John under an alias.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69242 Mar 3, 2013
Screw Athiests wrote:
Send the athiests to Cuba. America is a Christian nation.
In the name of God, Amen. We whose names are underwritten .. the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James .. by the Grace of God of Great Britain .. France and Ireland .. King .. Defender of the Faith .. etc .. Having undertaken .. >>>>>

for the Glory of God and advancement of the Christian Faith

<<<<< and Honor of our King and Country .. A Voyage to plant the First Colony in the Northern Parts of Virginia .. do by these presents solemnly and mutually in the presence of God and one of another .. Covenant and Combine ourselves together into a Civil Body Politic .. for our better ordering and preservation and furtherance of the ends aforesaid .. and by virtue hereof to enact .. constitute and frame such just and equal Laws .. Ordinances .. Acts .. Constitutions and Offices .. from time to time .. as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general good of the Colony .. unto which we promise all due submission and obedience .. In witness whereof we have hereunder subscribed our names at Cape Cod .. the 11th of November .. in the year of the reign of our Sovereign Lord King James .. of England .. France and Ireland the eighteenth .. and of Scotland the fifty-fourth ..... Anno Domini 1620

.......... amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Into The Night 57,890
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 16 min St Elmos Fire 131
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 35 min Eagle 12 1,781
News The Atheist Delusion': Ray Comfort's Masterpiece (Jun '16) 3 hr Eagle 12 78
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... (Apr '16) 3 hr Eagle 12 160
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 3 hr Eagle 12 30
News Uyboco: An atheist who believes In God (Aug '16) 3 hr Eagle 12 4
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Ragmar 27,248
More from around the web